Print Thread
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lori -

That's fine to take it a day at a time smile. That is what life is about!

For the pup, that's a good thing to know! Maybe put on a radio or something? So it's not silent?

I agree that others can do things that cause glitches. We can't control them smile. So we look for ways to be content despite their actions!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
A lovely weekend with my son visiting has me on No Complain Reboot 15, Day 4. Still aiming to make it past 5 days. We'll see!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Taking life one day at a time really does help! I'm now on No Complain Project Reboot 15, Day 9. I was expecting that my stressful day in New York City would have me complain, but Bob and Dad did such an awesome job of nurturing me that I made it through without a complaint! Yoga and meditation absolutely help.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This No Complain project is helping me immensely. I have become much more aware of when I start to feel a little unhappy / cranky and to figure out why. Often I'm either dehydrated or my blood sugar levels are low. When I address that, I feel better again.

Looking back over my times I complained, it was usually because I was "out of sorts" to begin with and then snapped when something happened in life. When I'm feeling all right, I handle those hurdles with much more grace.

Today I'm at No Complain Project Reboot 15, Day 14. So I'm nearly half-way through the 30 day goal!

Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Amazing, Lisa! I know you will do this!

Every time I even think about doing this, I recall something that will cause me to start over before I even begin. Today, a gust of wind blew a homemade card I crafted for my niece's baby shower off the table. It was the ONLY card I made that was filled with confetti (little baby feet) and they scattered all around the room. I'll need to make more now. Not a big deal but still made me sigh.

Then, two of my chis peed in the ONLY room in the house with carpet this morning. Again, not a big deal but still made me sigh. I cleaned it and plan to replace that carpet anyway--even though it is new still--because a laminate is easier to clean.

I spend most of my day feeling pretty happy and grateful. I wake up that way and go to bed that way. Throughout the day, there are many times when I express sheer thankfulness for it all.

And yet...there are times when stuff happens and I can't help but sigh. frown I tell myself that it's just life and is not a big deal. There are people out there who have really big deals to cope with so I'd like to deal with these tiny issues with gratitude instead of a sigh.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lori -

It's OK to sigh. We are taking things one at a time smile. So if you sigh, let it go. We are only focusing on actual verbal complaints for now. We can work on thoughts later on smile.

It will take a while to get to the point where you genuinely laugh at the silliness of life smile.

Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Well, I wasn't laughing or just thinking about my complaints one day last week.

Neither of the kids took the initiative to put away the hot dogs they didn't finish at lunch.

I was just getting out of the shower and heard the dogs and guess correctly that one of them was on the table. Taboo here. So I rushed out--naked--to chase him off. All the dogs scattered. As I chased one, I slipped on some pee on the floor because no one let the dogs out. ugh. I was fresh and clean, nicely powdered, and now covered in urine.

When I slipped, I jammed my diabetic foot into a wall, bruising my toes and my hip. My daughter rushed down when she heard the bang. "MOM! Are you ok?!?!" My husband finally comes in and does he ask if I'm ok? No, all he can say is, "Why are you on the floor naked?"

Ya, some days it's like that over here...

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lori -

I thought I replied to this, I apologize that I didn't!

That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation. Life can be chaos smile.

Sometimes life gives you a shake and says "nothing will go as you planned it to - just accept it" smile.

I'm glad you were ok!

I admit a pet peeve of mine is if I might be hurt and Bob doesn't react in a way I think is appropriate. He is getting better about it, because I'm training him. I think guys are raised to shrug off injuries and say "it's no big deal". So it's up to us to retrain them.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
An update for me. I am now on Reboot 16, Day 5.

Backstory: About ten years ago one of our cats, Oscar, briefly caught on fire by walking on the bed headboard when we were in bed and had a lit candle there. We of course put him out promptly, but we no longer use real candles in the bedroom and are quite sensitive about candles near the cat.

So on Sunday I was tired, hungry, and working on my photography class assignment. I was trying to take a photo of a lit candle in darkness. I decided that the ideal place for my test would be to put the candle on the futon to get the fabric wrapping beneath it and then up behind it smoothly.

I put the unlit candle on the futon. Julie the cat immediately leapt up next to it, thinking I was going to do something on the futon. That is "her spot" to snuggle with us.

I got annoyed / upset at her being near the unlit candle because there was no way I would light it with her on the futon. So I removed the candle. She hopped down. I put the candle back onto the futon. She hopped back up. I vocally grumped smile.

So clearly this was silly of me. The futon is HER place. This is where she likes to sit! She was being natural and normal for wanting to be on the futon. I should have chosen another place for my photo shoot of a live candle. Which I did end up doing. And it was fine. Why should I be grumpy with Julie for doing what a Julie is known to do? How could she understand that this one time she wasn't supposed to come onto the futon with me?

Really it stemmed from me being tired, hungry, and in a rush. I knew better than to let myself get into that state. The more I am aware of those warning signs, the better I can be about solving them proactively.

Still, I made it quite far before that point, and I am fine to start fresh and put my learning to good use! Sleep well. Eat healthy meals in small, regular doses smile. Don't rush.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, Lisa. No worries about not replying! The good thing about the forums is that they are here when time allows. smile

Your thought "Don't rush" is key for me. I notice that rushing makes me tense. In the past, I used to pride myself on thriving on adrenaline rushes and deadlines (journalism majors usually do!) But now that I'm older, the stress is draining.

For example, today I need to make cheese enchiladas for my nephew's grad party and he invited over 100 people. I'm not rattled as this is a simple recipe. Mostly assembling. I was going to wait until noon to start but will begin now just to give myself some time to shower and dress in peace instead of being frantic. The party is at 2. I "could" have made them last night but preferred to make them fresh.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.