Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 29 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 28 29
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Tonight I rode the bike for 30 minutes staying in my training zone.
Heart Rate Training Zones

Thirty min is getting pretty easy so I have a couple of choices:
1. I can ride for 20 min at a higher resistance.
2. I can ride for 30 min at a slightly higher resistance.
3. I can add 5 min at a time over the next few weeks and increase to a total of 40 min., leaving the resistance where it is now.

I think I will do this choice because increasing the resistance tends to be hard on my knees and they are already suffering.

Then I did 30 minutes of yoga. My body has felt like it is all knotted up, wearing this splint and all. I did my normal yoga sequence minus a few poses that required shoulder strength. No down dogs for me. Anyway, back to my point, while I was doing the yoga in rhythm with my breath I felt like purring. Yes, it felt that good.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. My workouts are pretty boring right now. I am riding my bike consistently and doing PT. Tonight I did some yoga and it felt nice.

One big problem is time--no matter how simple the task, it takes at least twice as long to do it with one arm. So with going to therapy 3x a week for at least 2 hours each time, I feel like I don't have time to exercise because there are other things that need to be done.

Does this sound familiar?

But I am steadily improving and will manage to squeeze in my exercise. I hope you will too.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I'm just a little late posting. Ha!

Yesterday I rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes. Top speed was between 14-15 mph. I was definitely in the fat-burning zone. It was a good ride.

Heart Rate Training Zones

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
How important is it to get one's heart rate in the zones while exercising?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Lori, take a look at the article for a more in-depth explanation and there is an easy chart to help you find your heart-rates.

Simple answer--based on your goals, your heart rate indicates how hard you are working. Walking in the fat-burning zone will burn more calories, and you will body fat faster.

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,

I do not seem to heal as fast as I should.Had another x ray taken today.The technicians could not beleive that after almost 2 months ,my breath has not come back more.
My doctor sent me to the x ray ,because,he also could not beleive the shortness of my breath.Meeting a psycologist friday morning for post trauma troubles.

loong

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Oh, loong. Please let us know what they say is causing your shortness of breath.

Also, I am glad you'll be able to meet with a psychologist.

Take care.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, I am so sorry you are still having problems. Do what the doctors tell you and get lots of rest. Maybe it is to soon to be exercising.

I'm certain that seeing the psychiatrist is going to help you feel better. Please keep me updated and know that I care about you.

Koala
Koala
Had some x-rays taken today.Should know more within a week.

loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I hope you won't stop checking in to see what exercise I am doing. I have to admit that it has been a little boring lately. I did not exercise yesterday (except for PT), and I did not exercise today. My husband keeps reminding me this is supposed to be my summer of healing (He's so sweet!).

I could blame it on my shoulder but that wouldn't be entirely true. Although my shoulder does limit my capabilities and I am still feeling tired, and not quite up to par yet, I have become distracted by 2 new ventures. I am finishing up my first e-book. And I am building a website with blog.

I let myself get so wrapped up that I forget to eat, to go to bed, and to exercise. I've got to find some balance.

Page 21 of 29 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.