Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Omily Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
O
I'm very easy lose temper, and I don't have patience. How to change it?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I'm taking a class on stress management right now, and part of what they talk about is how we train our minds over time in how to deal with stress. The more we do Reaction X, the more our mind gets used to doing that. So if we always snap at someone, we train our mind to snap in anger, and it just does that by default.

So to train our minds to do something else, we have to think about it deliberately for 30 days. We have to "retrain" our mind. Yes, it's hard to retrain a mind smile. But after 30 days, our mind now has a new way it's used to doing and the new way is now its normal way. So it gets easier and easier as it goes. I.e. it'll be hard at first. But soon it gets easy.

So start with just one day. Just today. Just for today, your task is to be patient. Remember that life is 80 years long (or more) - nothing that happens today is that important. Take long, deep breaths. These help to relax you. If something gets you riled, count to ten. Then, before you answer, think, are you really going to care about this in ten years? This event, whatever it is, probably isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. Think about what IS important to you, like your health.

Let us know how it goes!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
This is advice is similar to my Triggers list. I have a list of things I know get me irritated and anxious. When I am experiencing something that I know sets me off, i can stop, think about how to distract myself/do something on my Wellness Plan. That stops the crazy train from getting faster. If I can find new tracks for the train (ie - my brain patterns), I can train myself to avoid Crazy Town.

I'm definitely getting better at this, but it is a LOT of work.

Shark
Shark
when you feel you have lost control, count 10 numbers before yarn at someone. it is a very usedful way.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
J
J
Temper can be controlled by meditation and thinking about happy moments all the time. Patience is the habit that can be achieved by self control only. So having the company of humble people and again regular meditation from proper trainer is necessary to improve your image created by such behavior.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I've found that exercise really helps me to feel totally unstressed and it's when I'm stressed out that I tend to get snappish with people.

I do tai chi 3 days a week and Bikram yoga 3 days a week. After working out I just feel this big release of bad energy.

You also have to learn to let things go on a minute by minute basis. Forgive people on a daily basis.

Catherine Ponder says if people bother you in any way it's because they are trying to get your divine attention and your blessing so just bless them and move on.

I realize growing older sure helps a lot! I'm not nearly as annoyed by things now as I was years ago.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Joan -

I agree completely that daily exercise can make an immense difference in stress levels!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L

These are great tips! Claire, counting to 10 helps you to gain perspective. Jessica, according to experts, meditation is one of the best stress relievers there is!

Being good tempered takes a loads of practice. As Lisa and Jilly pointed out, you have to know your triggers and retrain yourself.

And exercise helps with just about EVERYTHING as Joan541 pointed out. When you perform even low impact exercise like walking, your body produces Serotonin, the brain chemical responsible for feelings of well being.

But remember we are all human, so if you do lose your cool and say something that is less than nice, immediately apologize and try to do better the next time.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

when i am going to lose temper,i'll choose to do other things,or just go out for a walk until i calm down.

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.