logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
OP Offline
H
Among my friends, leather clothing is a hot debate. Some people think it's too dramatic while others love it. Aside from leather shoes, bags, and accessories, what are your thoughts on leather clothing like pants, skirts, and tops? Do you own any leather clothing? If so, how do you wear it?

My personal favorite is leather & lace! A nice leather pant with a pretty lacy top. You can check out some leather outfit ideas here: Feminine Ways to Wear Leather

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I think leather is one of those highly textured fabrics, and needs to be treated as such. Leather pants or tops would be too much for light and flawy summer wear, but for the heavier textures needed in fall and winter, it can provide a ton of style. There are also so many different varieties of leather clothing that you can't really put leather into one category for the message it sends. Pegged leather pants can be sexy as well as a patent leather mimi skirt. But a suede leather vest may lend a homey, artisan look to an outfit.
The tunic length leather button down shirts that were popular a few years ago added great texture to winter office wear. I think they would update nicely with the animal print jeggings that are popular now.

Last edited by AKLisa- Knitting Editor; 12/05/12 11:35 AM.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for sharing, Lisa smile Too true... animal print jeggings or leggings would look pretty awesome with leather! My friend Bianca likes to wear a leather bustier with leopard print shorts over the summer. She's the only one I know of that can pull off leather in the summer time! It looked pretty great!

I think it also depends on the style of the clothes. I like leather clothes, I think them can make me look thinner and more elegant.

O
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
O
It is cool, I like leather clothes very much. laugh

M
Shark
Shark
M
Aha` You target the point, I wear leathers, while not much, I do not like leather pants, but jewelry, jacket, bags made with leather would be great for me! I guess I would try to the leather dress as well. Thanks for your good ideas for matching them decently! smile

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I try to stay away from leather clothing. Leather has a tendency to make you look kind of frumpy if you are carrying around a few extra pounds.

E
E
I simply love soft black leather - esp jackets. It can give a person such a chic classy look, if worn well. Unfortunately over here in Singapore, it is so hot and humid, otherwise I would be wearing leather jackets, especially soft black ones , a lot of the time

W
W
I don't mind leather clothing, though idk about leather pants. I love to wear leather purses that I find at thrift stores because new ones cost so much. The feel of leather is really nice, plus I read somewhere that the man made stuff is made with toxic chemicals. I was wondering does anyone know where I can buy a nice leather jacket. I've searched everywhere and none of them seem to fit right, some are too small on my chest and when I go a size up the bottom is too big.

Last edited by wildhorses2013; 03/09/13 01:11 PM.
B
B
[quote=BB -Body Care]I try to stay away from leather clothing. Leather has a tendency to make you look kind of frumpy if you are carrying around a few extra pounds. [/quote] My answer are also same .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.