BellaOnline
Among my friends, leather clothing is a hot debate. Some people think it's too dramatic while others love it. Aside from leather shoes, bags, and accessories, what are your thoughts on leather clothing like pants, skirts, and tops? Do you own any leather clothing? If so, how do you wear it?

My personal favorite is leather & lace! A nice leather pant with a pretty lacy top. You can check out some leather outfit ideas here: Feminine Ways to Wear Leather
I think leather is one of those highly textured fabrics, and needs to be treated as such. Leather pants or tops would be too much for light and flawy summer wear, but for the heavier textures needed in fall and winter, it can provide a ton of style. There are also so many different varieties of leather clothing that you can't really put leather into one category for the message it sends. Pegged leather pants can be sexy as well as a patent leather mimi skirt. But a suede leather vest may lend a homey, artisan look to an outfit.
The tunic length leather button down shirts that were popular a few years ago added great texture to winter office wear. I think they would update nicely with the animal print jeggings that are popular now.
Thanks for sharing, Lisa smile Too true... animal print jeggings or leggings would look pretty awesome with leather! My friend Bianca likes to wear a leather bustier with leopard print shorts over the summer. She's the only one I know of that can pull off leather in the summer time! It looked pretty great!
Posted By: want Re: How do you feel about leather clothing? - 01/16/13 01:01 AM
I think it also depends on the style of the clothes. I like leather clothes, I think them can make me look thinner and more elegant.
Posted By: Omily Re: How do you feel about leather clothing? - 01/18/13 04:52 AM
It is cool, I like leather clothes very much. laugh
Aha` You target the point, I wear leathers, while not much, I do not like leather pants, but jewelry, jacket, bags made with leather would be great for me! I guess I would try to the leather dress as well. Thanks for your good ideas for matching them decently! smile
I try to stay away from leather clothing. Leather has a tendency to make you look kind of frumpy if you are carrying around a few extra pounds.
I simply love soft black leather - esp jackets. It can give a person such a chic classy look, if worn well. Unfortunately over here in Singapore, it is so hot and humid, otherwise I would be wearing leather jackets, especially soft black ones , a lot of the time
I don't mind leather clothing, though idk about leather pants. I love to wear leather purses that I find at thrift stores because new ones cost so much. The feel of leather is really nice, plus I read somewhere that the man made stuff is made with toxic chemicals. I was wondering does anyone know where I can buy a nice leather jacket. I've searched everywhere and none of them seem to fit right, some are too small on my chest and when I go a size up the bottom is too big.
Posted By: Brantill Re: How do you feel about leather clothing? - 03/24/13 11:25 PM
[quote=BB -Body Care]I try to stay away from leather clothing. Leather has a tendency to make you look kind of frumpy if you are carrying around a few extra pounds. [/quote] My answer are also same .
I always love leather jackets, it looks very classic as well as modern.
I feel a bit uncomfortable with leather clothing. But I like lace very much!
I just googled it and found an address, thanks for heading me in the right direction.
Yes leather clothing is the good clothing on bags, jacket, purse, belts They get attractive look toward him by her accessories
Thanks for sharing, Lisa smile Too true... animal print jeggings or leggings would look pretty awesome with leather!
I like leather shoes only.
Posted By: MsEmma Re: How do you feel about leather clothing? - 05/24/13 12:35 AM
I like two things in men dressing one is tie and another is leather jackets. In my point of view, leather clothing boost the your personality.
..i like light weight leather jacket during spring and fall makes classy looking... :)
Leather pants are too hot.
Posted By: Rodelma Lopez Re: what to wear in a wedding? - 06/02/13 04:34 PM
...any suggestion what to wear in attending a wedding so not to be "overdressed or underdressed"...thanks for the suggestions in advance guys :)
I don't wear leather pants because I don't think it will look good on me. I think it will look best on women with slim and long legs. But someday, I would like to wear a leather bustier, that is, if my flabby abdomen will be gone. Sigh I need to exercise more!
I find leather is stylish and not very comfortable for pants. Leather jackets,leather shoes, wallet, these are fine and I always prefer leather accessories but not pants yet unless for a short time for parties.
Posted By: lenahill Re: How do you feel about leather clothing? - 07/09/13 03:30 AM
I have some short leather jacket,I'll wear them outside my chiffon skirt,I think it is a little bit cute and a little bit cool. :)
Posted By: tantghar Re: what to wear in a wedding? - 07/28/15 06:48 AM
I love to wear leather clothes specially leather jacket.A good leather jacket is an expensive buy.
Posted By: sharon joshep Re: what to wear in a wedding? - 07/28/15 07:21 AM
Leather cloths are very stylish especial leather jacket, but When I wear Leather pants i feel uncomfortable. I prefer to wear leather jacket not leather pant......
I like leather clothing and almost all my shoes are leather material
I like leather clothing, but i'll not buy them online!
I love leather jackets, they are my favorites for the fall.
Leather is a great textile. But i will never buy real leather clothes, due to the fact that leather tanning is one of the most dangerous proccesses in fashion industry. Don't even wanna say how many animals killes. I just don't think it is right that an animal is killed for us to have a great leather jacket, people are risking their life so they can color it and make it look good for the stores. Then we buy it and throw it away in a year or two because we are tired of it and its style. Leather can be reused so many times before it gets bad because it is one of the most durable textiles. Therefore unless it is sustainable, i don't wear leather and prefer much more the faux leather jackets.
I like leather bags, jackets, and shoes but not a huge fan of leather clothes although some people can pull it off!
Leather jackets on a guy looks great, leather shoes/boots fantastics, leather purses even better. Tight leather skinny jeans or tanks not really my style. Some can make it look good though.
Posted By: TheHatGal Re: what to wear in a wedding? - 12/13/15 07:16 PM
Agree with Roosevelt, not a fan of leather other than shoes.
Valerie, silk is one of my favorites my friend!!! Amen.
© BellaOnline Forums