logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 36 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 35 36
H
H
My priorities: Being satisfied myself and my family.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Leif, I really like those - they seem very thoughtful. Question: what do you mean by reimburse?

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Thank you Jilly.

Maybe it's a point of pride on my part but I'd like to reimburse people who have helped me a lot. When I was young and going through rough family times I had friends who were sympathetic and let me stay at their place. Especially after hitting a time in my life where decency was in short supply - I really remember the people who have helped me in the past nowadays. I'd rather show them my appreciation instead of just tell them.

I daresay I could use some more order too. Living a day in my life is like wrestling with chaos unbound lol.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wrestling with chaos - I like that. Maybe it is like wrestling with alligators. I just learned how to actually do that. You have to get onto their back and hold their mouth shut. Apparently they have great mouth closing muscles but weak opening ones.

Anyway, maybe chaos is like that too. I bet I could come up with something really pithy with this if I tried.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Thanks Jilly. I believe it would be like wrestling with many alligators simultaneously. I've never tried it but I have learned the same as you. Biologically it makes sense... Who would try holding their jaws closed up until we figured it out?

On order - I'm finding that attempting to force pieces to fit into it doesn't work out very well for me. Working with the chaos tends to cause it to be more helpful. Sort of like going with the flow of it, only you cause your own paths within. Call it working alongside the flow of things smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Actually, I think you are totally right about working WITH chaos; it can't be forced.

And maybe that is also like holding the alligator's mouth shut - if you can't run, or hide, you can still approach. Which is what Han Solo did in Empire when he attached the Falcon to the Star Destroyer and then floated away with the garbage.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Alongside, not with wink Chaotic events can only force us to the point where we don't anticipate chaos. Example - potential rush hour traffic when going to an appointment. We don't know what it'll be like so affording some extra time for the unknown factor.

I daresay working with chaos would just further unravel whatever order we believe we are able to impose. Nice Star Wars reference. I'd see working alongside as holding the alligator's mouth shut and trying to get it to move toward a tree or something similar. In that case, I'm sure the predator would have a lot more patience than the prey lol. Pinned doesn't mean defeated.

Koala
Koala
To all ,
Have you ever read about the law of Chaos.

Chaos exists to prevent things to be perfect.
loong

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Perfection would lead to stagnation. Dynamism exists to prevent this. Randomness is this dynamic influence.

I wasn't aware there was a law, no. I've got a friend or two who like to talk about chaos theory and that's what I've gleaned from them. Is this correct or would you amend it, Loong Dragon?

Koala
Koala
To Leif,
It is not a theory.Isaw a few years ago ,on t.v. the prooving of the necessity of chaos.As you say perfection would lead to stagnation and surely to the end.
Nothing is perfect
and everything is perfect.

loongdragon

Page 30 of 36 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.