Next Thread
Print Thread
#803880 02/01/13 01:08 AM
M
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
Is anyone going to plant a garden this year? If you are what are you going to plant? Are you starting your own seeds or buying plants? Do you plant right in the ground or do you use raised beds or containers? Do you live in the country or city? Whats your favorite veggie to grow and is it easy? As you can see I looooove gardening and would love to help and get advice from others.

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
This will be our 2d year with our garden. We have raised beds plus flat, open space for the corn and tomatoes. This weekend we'll be ordering seeds. The winter has been really cold so it's hard to get motivated right now.

One warning, I planted okra last year which was wonderful and different to grow - except for the horrible rash I had all summer.

Alice Andersen
Horror Literature
S
S
I have been flower gardening for over 25 years and for the last couple of years I started growing vegetables. Last year I started all of the plants except for a few from seed. Much less expensive that way if you have the patience and can spend time taking care of the seedlings. If you do start any seeds indoors, I would recommend a heat mat. This year some seeds I planted indicated a germination time of up to 20 days. With the heat mat, some of them sprouted in less than a week. It is very motivating when you get up to check on the newly planted seeds and find new growth has popped. I grow my veggies in raised beds and pots. The flower gardens are in both the from and back yards. I live in a subdivision in the city, but that doesn't stop me. I have probably over 100 perennials and also grow annuals from seed. For the vegetables, I will plant tomatoes, peppers, parsley, borage, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, kale, stevia, sage, basil, dill, peas, pole beans and probably a few others along with these.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
You all inspire me. We had a vegetable and herb garden last year, but I don't think we're going to replant this year due to space. After last summer, we planted all types of flowers in the beds that rimmed the perimeter of the backyard.

I might container garden some herbs and find some space in the ground for my beloved basil and tomatoes but that's all this year.

SimoneN, you must have an oasis in your small yard. Sounds like heaven.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I planted some tomatoes and a cuke last year. The parsley has survived the winter. This year I plan to put out more tomato plants and I'm going to try some additional plants. I will probably purchase my plants but there are some things that I may plant seeds. It won't be long before we get started. I should put broccoli out now.

Moderated by  Gail - Gardening 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.