logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#792367 11/11/12 09:40 PM
C
OP Offline
C
The first thing doctors do when you are taken from the comfort of your mother�s womb is measure the length of your body and weigh you to determine if you are �normal.� In some form or fashion, your body size will be compared to others for the rest of your life. Before you have developed the cognitive ability to define yourself for yourself society will have already labeled you as overweight, underweight, or just perfect. Read the article What is Body Image and let's discuss other ways that we are indirectly taught how to feel about our bodies.

Cassandra George Sturges
Body Image Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I really liked this article, Cassandra.

There are so many factors that effect how we view our own bodies. We often take to heart what society dictates as the measure of beauty for a human body, and too often that can be a body that is too thin. I think a woman's body is beautiful, no two are alike, and they should have some curves. My body is not anyone's idea of perfect, but I am happy with it. I accept what I have and I do the best I can to stay healthy. Treating yourself well and having acceptance is important.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
S
S
And good for you to be happy with your body. The most important factor in relation to how we see our body and/or image is heath. They're are repercussion of being too heavy or too thin and this should be taken into account relating to health issues. But, with all that aside the way we see our body needs to be an individual preference. Too many times people will alter their appearance to satisfy everyone but themselves. Peer pressure for kids is at an all time high. As you stated woman come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. We as woman need to learn to love ourselves and not worry so much on how the world perceives us.

EDIT: (new posters aren't allowed to use promotional URLs)

Last edited by SG_Indian_Food; 12/13/12 09:47 AM.
S
S
Good artile. Thanks for share.

S
S
I think a Woman's Eye is very beautiful & attractive & our Permanent Makeup Miami & eye lash extensions Miami provide full, upper & lower eyeliners. It provides excellent lash enhancements & lip liner for beautiful eye lashes.

we always pay much attention to what other people's look ,and take actions to our body,like plastic surgery,i don't reject it,but i think natural beauty is more beautiful.

V
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
V
This is a nice article! I think we should have a positive body image for us to feel good about the appearance of our body. We should not hate or feel disappointed about our body. I know several plus size women who have positive body image; they love their bodies and know how to be fashionable regardless of their body size.

I love silk!

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.