BellaOnline
Posted By: Cassandra - Body Image Ed What is Body Image - 11/12/12 01:40 AM
The first thing doctors do when you are taken from the comfort of your mother�s womb is measure the length of your body and weigh you to determine if you are �normal.� In some form or fashion, your body size will be compared to others for the rest of your life. Before you have developed the cognitive ability to define yourself for yourself society will have already labeled you as overweight, underweight, or just perfect. Read the article What is Body Image and let's discuss other ways that we are indirectly taught how to feel about our bodies.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: What is Body Image - 11/13/12 05:25 PM
I really liked this article, Cassandra.

There are so many factors that effect how we view our own bodies. We often take to heart what society dictates as the measure of beauty for a human body, and too often that can be a body that is too thin. I think a woman's body is beautiful, no two are alike, and they should have some curves. My body is not anyone's idea of perfect, but I am happy with it. I accept what I have and I do the best I can to stay healthy. Treating yourself well and having acceptance is important.
Posted By: S O B Re: What is Body Image - 12/03/12 04:57 PM
And good for you to be happy with your body. The most important factor in relation to how we see our body and/or image is heath. They're are repercussion of being too heavy or too thin and this should be taken into account relating to health issues. But, with all that aside the way we see our body needs to be an individual preference. Too many times people will alter their appearance to satisfy everyone but themselves. Peer pressure for kids is at an all time high. As you stated woman come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. We as woman need to learn to love ourselves and not worry so much on how the world perceives us.

EDIT: (new posters aren't allowed to use promotional URLs)
Posted By: Super Fashion Fan Re: What is Body Image - 12/07/12 06:49 AM
Good artile. Thanks for share.
Posted By: soleabeauty Re: What is Body Image - 12/13/12 10:46 AM
I think a Woman's Eye is very beautiful & attractive & our Permanent Makeup Miami & eye lash extensions Miami provide full, upper & lower eyeliners. It provides excellent lash enhancements & lip liner for beautiful eye lashes.
Posted By: JanetWinslet Re: What is Body Image - 07/25/13 10:26 PM
we always pay much attention to what other people's look ,and take actions to our body,like plastic surgery,i don't reject it,but i think natural beauty is more beautiful.
Posted By: Valerie13 Re: What is Body Image - 09/01/13 03:35 AM
This is a nice article! I think we should have a positive body image for us to feel good about the appearance of our body. We should not hate or feel disappointed about our body. I know several plus size women who have positive body image; they love their bodies and know how to be fashionable regardless of their body size.
© BellaOnline Forums