logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Parakeet
Parakeet
The last good president was Ronald Reagan, and the one before him was Dwight Eisenhower. I believe Mitt Romney will follow their lead. These are perilous times for sure with more and more countries getting nuclear weapons. We need a president who can relate to both parties. Mitt Romney proved he can do that as governor of Massachusetts. As for the war in Iraq, I blame Colin Powell as much as Bush. Powell is the one who went to the U.N. and gave a speech about how Iraq had the infamous "Weapons of Mass Destruction."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Jim-

I have no idea what sort of President Romney will be. Romney has reinvented himself during this campaign so many times, I am confused. I will say, that in my opinion, he has proven himself to be untrustworthy every step of the way. That scares me.

The one consistent message he has promoted is "more jobs". I like that, but I am not certain that his interpretation of the subject matter will benefit the masses. Romney has a history of shipping jobs for our lower and middle class overseas.

You have to understand that a President's views on things comes from his experiences in life. He does not relate to poorer or middle-class situations. In fact, I think Bush may have been guilty of the same ignorance. It is possible that he did not come to the aid of the people in Louisiana, after Katrina, because he simply did not know what to do for them. He could not relate or wrap his head around their circumstances.

Just as importantly, I have been very afraid of Romney on an International level. Previously, he seemed to have an arrogant, "we are superior" sort of attitude. I think that attitude had a lot of influence on '911'. Our attitude toward our friends, after the attack, did not work in our favor either. And if we are going to say that now, because he wants the same things that Obama wants on Foreign Policies, he is safe. I ask, "why jump ship mid-tour?"

So, right now, I could not vote for Romney because he does not stand for or represent the America I want to see us move forward as. I do not want us to stand stagnant. I want us to move forward in technology. I want us to have friends across seas because the mood is very volatile.

BTW, Obama has a record for the past 4 years. It is amazing. Healthcare, education, job infrastructure, and more. You have to want to see it. The GOP has a clear record for the past 4 years as well. If as voters would say that we do not like the grid lock behavior that keeps us stagnant and divided, they would have to step up and cooperate. Reaching across party lines goes both ways. A man cannot have the character of equality and cooperation in every other area (foreign relations, womens' pay, benefits for the poor and middle class) of his life yet, not have it in another area that is just as significant (working with Republicans).

Republicans need to understand that you can only be worked with if you want to work with others. You cannot say that someone is not working with you when you have stated that you are doing everything possible to make certain they do not succeed, regardless of how it will effect the entire nation.

This is honest talk and I cannot support a group that would operate that way.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Koala
Koala
Dear Yvonnie,

But ,you see, Obama is black,he cannot be good .If Romney gets in
that will bring the US to it's lowest point ever.I have told this story before on another post,but in 83,first recession.Loose
my $32,000 job in 83.I was an INSURANCE BROKER.

A week later I am working as a diswasher and janitor in a chinese restaurant in our small town.Salary $ 4.00 an hour,quite a drop.One day the sewers broke in a crawlin basement,so put on my gloves,and filled 8 large green bags of human feces for $4.00
an hour.
Do not beleive mr Romney or mr Coulter could understand this.

I have a dream ,that one day...... I have seen the promised land
but I will not be entering with you,because he knew he would be shot,just like J.F.K.

To me an outside observer,Mr Romney will continue the downfall
of the US started by Bush.

loongdragon

Koala
Koala
To all or none, I have a printed proof that I wrote a post at 8.40 pm,was removed,and another one bearing the same # at 9.02pm.
both different texts.
could someone explain to me what happened?

loongdragon.

Koala
Koala
To Jim,

When you mention c Powell it makes me think of Col.Oliver North,
that while Iran was holding american hostages,with the help of the CIA,bought cocaine from IRAQ,yes the same country that was holding your hostages.The c-47's filled with dope would come in in CIA owned airfields.Sold to the American black people ,so pure that calmed down the blacks.You see congress had cut funds for the Contras being supported by the CIA,So with the profit they made they coulkd again arm the contras.Remember his trial?
He plead the 5 th at every question.

Is that what you desire for your America.

cia buys dope from a country holding hostages from your country.

You see I am not only a Buddhist,before that I was part of an anti-war movement,where we got all the proofs,names dates.

Do you know ,The first order given by Bush jr was:GIVE ME A WAR>

loongdragon

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hi Yvonnie, I did not realize that Google.com "chose" what one should see to that extent as far as "news" and "current events" go. Not really very helpful, or healthy, is it?

Use Google Germany,(.de) France,(.fr) UK (.co.uk) and USA, but that of course is only because I know one or the other will be covering whatever it is I need to know. Which is often a country specific question so it simply makes life easier for me, and am all for making life easier.

However have just spent a half an hour going through Google.co.uk to check up on things that might interest you.

They are all there. It covers the world literally, giving just about everything out there I would think, world over and totally unbiased. And it is in English of course, which makes life easier.

Might be worth a try to put Google.co.uk in search next time you have a current event, or whatever, in mind. Have a try and see what comes up and what you think.

Thank you Yvonnie for asking, and I will "share" if it is a topic I know something about.................or a subject I would like to understand or know more about. smile

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Koala
Koala
To all or none,

Lisa low carb had written a post too,and that one also is gone !!

By the way Ronald Reagan suffered from Alzeimer's desease during his stint at the white house.Proofs exist.

loongdragon

Koala
Koala
To Jim,

Do you know how many black -ops Bush had as a private army at $1,ooo aDAY,125,000,yes 125,000 of special ops at a $1,000 a day.
Again proof exist.

Will Mr Romney have the same type of private army.Ask Iran/Iraq
vets,about those paid assassins.Shoot and move on.no questions asked.
loongdragon

loongdragon

Koala
Koala
Sorry on my last post,I wrote Iran/Iraq vets.It should have been

Iraq/Afghanistan.Sorry for the Vets I might have insulted.

loongdragon

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Francine-

I had not thought about adding .co.uk or other to the end of my searches or Urls.

Great idea.

Thanks again.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.