Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
So, I got roped into going to Hubby's cousin's baby shower...I normally try to skip anything baby related (just not my thing) but this time, apparently the "women are talking about me" so I have to go. The cousin throwing the shower is kind of neurotic, so, since I said "alright, I'll come" I have gotten an average of 4 updates/month!! Nothing meaningful just "oh, by the way, the mom to be is now registered at Target" and "Oh, by the way, the mom to be will be flying home, so if you want to buy her anything big, mail it directly to her..." "Oh, by the way, mom to be has added some things to her Babies R Us registry." ENOUGH ALREADY!! I feel like writing her back and saying "sorry, I would like to be taken off this baby mailing list because I just got her a gift card and even then, I felt a little nauseous walking into the Babies R Us" I have an issue with throwing big parties and receiving ridiculous gifts for something you chose to do and others have done for millions of years without making their friends drink out of baby bottles and "guess the mushed up candy bar in the diaper". I am going to be the only CFCer there, so that immediately makes me a spectacle...plus, the mommy to be's best friend, who crawled all over my husband at mommy to be's wedding, stating "you aren't married..." (we were dating at the time) is going to be there in all of her snarky glory. Anyways, the whole point to this is...I'm just over baby showers...I really am...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I especially hate the games. The worst for me was the "guess the baby food flavor." I had no idea how exotic some of these flavors get, and one of them had mango in it. I'm allergic to mango. Oh yeah, I got to enjoy a lovely rash all over my face for a couple of days. Arg.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
There are games now at a baby shower??? I haven't been to one in a while but I do not remember games at any of the showers I have been to. The showers were not too bad....decent food, mom-to-be opens her gifts, we have cake, and then we leave.

Seems like these days everything has been ramped up when it comes to moms and babies. It's a bit much.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
I was watching a tv show the other day and this couple was having a baby shower for this woman...the girl throwing the party goes "I think our first game should be 'guess the weight'" The guy looks the pregnant lady up and down and goes "170?" I'm going to have to use that at this shower...

S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
And yes, I detest the games, too.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I've never been to a baby shower in my life grin

V
Wolf
Wolf
V
I hate any party where there are games. I don't go to social gatherings to be embarrassed!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Personally, I won't go to any party I hated. I wouldn't care if they talked about me...freedom of choice is a wonderful thing - and I choose to be happy. Say what you want, won't affect I choose to live my life. My philosophy anyway...

Hopefully you can send the gift in the mail and not be stressed. Life is to short to be stressed by what others think.

If not, go say hi - and make a quick exit.

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 06/15/12 03:04 PM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Originally Posted By: thisiseasycash
I've never been to a baby shower in my life grin

LUCKY!!! This will be my 3rd...first was for a boss I hated thrown on our lunch break...second was for the first born of the best man in our wedding...I just watched tv and ignored everyone...this one, I will be forced to participate because the cousin planning it is a bit...ahem..neurotic and anxious. She was in my face every 6 seconds at her SISTER'S wedding trying to get me something else to eat because she wouldn't take " I just really like Caesar Salad" for an answer.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Have not been to one. I guess people around me know better!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.