Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Just a warning...I'm in a bad mood, so, I'm going to let it all out for you lucky people to read:

I just got back from my yearly exam with my lady-parts doctor. Every year, I chicken out and tell her "not this year" when she asks me about when I will be having children. This year, I decided to be brave and tell her that hubby and I are child free by choice...that way, she wouldn't waste her time discussing my age and fertility yet again. Big mistake. Her demeanor changed immediately...she started angerly lecturing me about what a gift children are and how after the age of 50 "there is nothing left for you. life is nothing anymore unless you have grandchildren". and how when your baby says "momma" for the first time it is the greatest gift ever...then went onto some lecture about how god will help me make it through the tough times if that is what I am afraid of. Every time I tried to get a word in, she would say "No! Let me finish!" Then, after this lecture, she says "I am not going to refill your birth control pills. Think hard about having children for 3 months, then come back and we will discuss methods that are easier on your fertility." When I asked her what I should do in the mean time, she recommended the rhythm method...that's how my friend got pregnant...I told my husband when I got home (after I cried for a long half hour...anyone who knows me knows I don't cry for anything) and he said "The rhythm method!?! This b*ch wants to get you pregnant." Where did all of the professional doctors go? And why were they replaced with bible beating, baby loving lunatics?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Dearswearbear,

Change doctor.A woman is free to do what she wants with her body.
If less people would bear children we would not have 1 in 4 girls regularely agressed raped ,by family members ,fathers ,brothers ,uncles ,cousins.We would have woman that are not scarred for life by these monsters.

Change Doctor

loong

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Oh my God, you should report her to the medical board. If there is no medical reason for her to deny you BCP then what she is doing is completely unethical. Yes, definitely, get a new doctor. Heck, if I were you, I'd make a giant sign that says "THIS DOCTOR REFUSED TO FILL MY BIRTH CONTROL PRESCRIPTION WHEN I TOLD HER MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE DECIDED WE DO NOT WANT ANY CHILDREN" and stand outside her office with it. I'd post this on Yelp.com, Yellowpages.com, Angie's list, and any other review website I could find. I'd run an ad in the local paper. I'd completely ruin this persons reputation in the gynocological community.

NEVER MESS WITH A CHILDFREE WOMAN'S BIRTH CONTROL!!!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I'd also recommend letting The Consumerist know about this too. They have very good 'rep'for stamping on the idiots and bad guys.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
S
S
You just have to love when these kinds of people become doctors. You know? The type of person who thinks it's wrong to have sex but not have children. The type of person who would just as soon force celibacy on someone the moment they found out they weren't having kids on purpose as they would force them to get pregnant as a punishment by removing their means of protection. I am terrified of becoming pregnant, and I am terrified of child birth. If a doctor did this to me, you can bet I'd blacken their name before the whole world. I'm done playing nice when it comes to this sort of thing. No doctor should ever have the right to take you off of your medication (no matter it's purpose) on the grounds that they dislike or disagree with your reasons for taking it. What if a doctor just removed insulin from a diabetic person because they found out one of the person's reasons for taking it was to maintain a good weight? I mean, it just makes no freaking sense at all. Report that idiot, because she does not belong in the medical industry at all.

S
S
I would have said "No, you're going to listen to me now lady, since I am the customer and you are the customer service in this joint. I come here every year and let you mess with my [censored] and somehow that makes you think you have the right to tell me what to do with it? How about you keep your personal opinions to yourself and do your job like you're supposed to? Just because you're my doctor doesn't give you the exclusive right to tell me what I should be using my [censored] for. If I want to use it for sex, I will. If I don't want to use it to push out a brat I won't. You're supposed to be a professional. Do you're freaking job and fill my prescription. Just because you pap my smear don't give you the right to force me to do anything with it, or change my mind just because you disagree."

P
P
I'm in agreement here with the others. It is definitely time to find a different doctor. You might even have to go to a different practice. You should not be "ashamed" to inform your doctor of the decision you and your husband have decided with regard to children. I can tell you that not all doctors are like that. My Ob-gyn is a great doctor. I have never felt pressure by her that my husband and I were doing something wrong with regards to not having children. She even talked to me about potential risks involved in having a baby. She knows that my husband and I do not want children, and she says that not everyone is supposed to become parents. I wish you luck in finding a doctor who will respect your decision. I know that there are some out there - you just have to look a little harder.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Oh my goodness.....this makes me ill. I am so lucky that I do not have a doctor like this. I NEVER have been told by my doctor to have kids when I do not want them.

A new doctor is in order of course, my friend.

The previous doctor should be reported. She is supposed to give medical advice, not personal opinions on how you should live your life. That is totally unprofessional. Who knows how many others were influenced by her and they gave in.....

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Just so you know, I have posted many times on this forum in the past two years as Cassie67. Cassie was not my real name, but now that I am an editor here I had to own up to who I really am!

I wanted to let you all know who this "new" girl is posting on the forum. Cheers!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
P
P
Totally report her. What she did was completely unprofessional and inappropriate. The AMA Ethics code says "The patient has the right to courtesy, respect, dignity, responsiveness, and timely attention to his or her needs." That quack did not give you that. You can find the contact info for the Boards of Medical Examiners in all 50 states here: www.ama-assn.org/resources/doc/ethics/state-medical-boards.pdf If that link doesn't come through, just Google "Medical Board" and your state name. You should also report her to the ethics boards of the hospitals she's affiliated with (if you know). This behavior is not acceptable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.