Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
To all
There are 2 types of Dragon.The dragon that has no wings,but flies and is called in chinese:surprise LOONG.Then there is the dragon with wings.The only country that considers dragons to be of good nature is China. A dragon or a loong represents TRANSFORMATIONS AND STRENGTH. To differentiate dragons ,you must check the claws .If it has 5 fingers it is a chinese dragon a good dragon.Japanese dragons only have 4 fingers and other asians counties you will have 3 fingers.I have 3 dragon tatoos ,2 in the neck and one my full back. There has to be a reality behind the dragon legend because the dragon has been known in Europe, India, asia,nothern countries.For ages.In prehistoric time there was a giant flying bird ressembling a dragon,his name was a pterodactyl.

A little bit concerned dragon
loong

Last edited by loong; 04/10/12 06:53 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I wonder if a lot of the myth and lore wasn't created by cave paintings depicted and enhanced by story telling. If so, though it is becoming apparent that some form of human was around a lot longer than they once thought. When did the pterodactyl actually vanish? Did the pterodactyl evolve into something else that was around long enough for some for of people to see it? Where does the mythology of the serpent looking dragon come from? The idea of the dragon is what fascinated me, at least at first. Now the history of the dragon has me totally fascinated. Somehow, somewhere, people capable of creating cave paintings saw something, or perhaps the passing down through generations of stories, painted these dragon looking critters.

Two cave painting is of a dragon looking creature but with very small wings. It isn't detailed enough to count the number of claws. It looks like I have a new hobby.

Thank you loong for the information. It is interesting that the dragon was known to so many cultures spanning wide expanses of time.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Hi Calla, I think I need to learn more about prehistoric bones smile Sure the could have cared for their young. I believe many dinosaurs probably nurturing. I doubt if the crocodile is a good representation of everything dinosaur.

Many of the newer stories of the dragon was written maybe because we need to believe in something. Something wonderful, magical, because so much violence and hatred is inundating us in the news. We're flooded with video clips of mass slaughter on a daily bases. We have several nuclear hot spots around the world. We have no idea what happened to some weapons and plutonium when the Soviet Union split up. Some countries insist on telling others how to live. Ancient countries that have lived the same way for thousands of years. It isn't a pleasant time, though with the knowledge we have it should be the best of times. We have the capably and the resources to stop world hunger. But, as long as man insists on the continue power struggle and the accumulations of riches mostly, just because they can. We all wish for world peace, no body in the world going to bed hungry...we are so full of ourselves as humans. This could happen right this moment but it won't. We can't even get two political parties to work together for the good of humanity.

Yes, we need something magical to believe in. The truth is too painful.

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
I never realized so many cultures saw dragons so differently. There has got to be some truth to legend. The cave paintings are interesting too. Usually a cave paint was something they saw or heard in stories. From now on I will be counting dragon toes - seriously.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I found that very interesting too reptilepop. Often, I probably learn more from the forums than anyplace else. I love learning, will I guess everything! I suppose that was why I found it so difficult to pick a major. I found the first two years the most interesting. With general education I had the most diversity. Then the next 2-4 years I got more locked in.

C
Shark
Shark
C
Where do you find cave paintings of dragons?

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Dear Calla ,
on Wiki i found alist of about 100 coutries with dragon caves
However ,I do not know how to put an url.So go to Wikipedia
type list of caverns.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_caves
I hope the url i put will not be blocked
loong

loong #756747 04/12/12 07:19 PM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
The link seems to work fine. I found something interesting about a Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus depiction on an old Mesopotamian cylinder seal from around at 3300 BC. The accuracy is amazing.

I know I will enjoy this list of caves with dragon/Dinosaur cave paintings. Thank you!

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
To Diana,

You are more than welcomed.

loong/dragon

loong #756749 04/12/12 07:35 PM
C
Shark
Shark
C
Thank you loong that is so helpful. This is all quite interesting.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.