Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It's interesting, I married relatively late, at 34, and I would say my boyfriends before that all had similarities to my Dad - adventerous (my Dad was/is a pilot), not so great on the domestic front. But then I would say my husband is much more like my stepdad, who I never actually lived with since he and my mother met and married when I was already in college, but by the time I met my husband, he and my mother had been married for 14 years, so he had an impact on my life.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Yes, I compare my husband with my father. From little girl I like chat with older people, because they know more things. Now my husband is eleven years old than me. He does have many traits of my father's: smart,hardworking, care family, strong ability,like music, book, dance, cooking,can write poetry... ^-^ also reliable, honest man. :lovers:

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
No, my husband is nothing like my father.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
All of my boyfriends prior to my husband (just high school romances - innocent ones) were the antithesis of my Dad. My husband, whom I met when I was 18, is so much like my Dad that it is ridiculous. That's both good and bad. Fortunately,I'm nothing like my mom, so we've been able to work with it. It's funny because my mom and all of her sisters married their father. All but my mom ended up divorced. My two sisters went the complete opposite of my dad (laid back, low key) while I married a Type A overachiever with a penchant for yelling too much (part of which is cultural). If it's at all telling, I will try to make my girls aware of the hazards of marrying their father. Still, I firmly believe that God put my husband in my life for a reason. We've been married 15 years now and I can't imagine my life with anyone else!

Laura Delgado, Ph.D.
Sons Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
This is an interesting topic. My first husband was nothing like my Father. And in all the ways that he was different I found him to be seriously lacking.

My second (current) husband is much more like my Dad, though not completely, and I like the similarities I see in him. It is true that, in my case, a little girls first love is her Dad, and since I had such a wonderful one, similarities between him and my DH are very comforting to me.

T
T
I dont married now... but i alway have a dream, that is i want my husband, love me like my father.........

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Yes, but also I compare him to other men my father's age that I consider to be good husbands. A father is the person who teaches his daughter what to expect from a man.

Gecko
Gecko
My first two tries at marriage were with men very like each other, but very unlike my dad. Nice men, but frivolous. I ended up with a man who is very like my father especially in moodiness. I don't know if we try to recapture something we missed in childhood with our dads or if we end up just connecting with something familiar. I tell you though, my mom and I have had some interesting talks!

Be kinder than you need to be. Everyone is dealing with something.
Gecko
Gecko
I was lucky to have had the best father anyone could ever hope for who sadly died at a very young age.

It wasn't until after my husband and I married that I started to notice that he had many ways like my dad in that he's always very mindful of keeping me and the girls safe and wants us to be happy.

It makes me sad that he and my dad didn't get to know each other because I'm sure they would have enjoyed and appreciated each other.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I never compare relations nor people!!!
For me every person has a different role in our life!!
Never compare your dad's love with your husband's love...
They love you ... but the way they show their love might be different!!!
Every individual have their own view.... and reasons to love someone!!! smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.