logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I have never had a great love for public speaking. To get over this fear, I applied for a teaching job in my field of Medical Imaging. I have been teaching a class for the senior students at HACC our local community college and after my third year, I am beginning to feel much more comfortable. Now if I could just do the same with self confidence, It would be great.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Z
Z
Hi SIBA, I think your having low self confidence could actually be as a result of low self esteem. Self Esteem is the opinion we have about our selves. Self Esteem does not stay constant it changes with experiences. I have personally found very helpful Dr Shad Helmstetter's book; "What to say when you talk to your self?" The techniques are very simple and can be quickly applied. I hope this helps Zafar97

E
E
10 Essential ways to build self confidence instantly. 1. Dress Sharp 2. Walk Faster 3. Good Posture 4. Personal Commercial 5. Gratitude 6. Compliment other people 7. Sit in the front row 8. Speak up 9. Work out 10.Focus on contribution

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: dgambino1

Self-Worth : How To Increase It

Joy, I have not seen that article before and thank you for giving me a link to that. I really enjoyed reading that article. Very well written article and there were several points in the article that I will have incorporate into my everyday life - the most important being to let go of my inner-critic!! I really need to focus more on doing that! Thank you Joy!!
I�m so glad the article was helpful. And yes, people are often more critical of themselves than others are. Working on letting go of your inner-critic is a great start! (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: emmajacob
10 Essential ways to build self confidence instantly.
1. Dress Sharp
2. Walk Faster
3. Good Posture
4. Personal Commercial
5. Gratitude
6. Compliment other people
7. Sit in the front row
8. Speak up
9. Work out
10.Focus on contribution
Hi Emma, thank you for your 10 points above. (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: 8GreenEyes
I have never had a great love for public speaking. To get over this fear, I applied for a teaching job in my field of Medical Imaging. I have been teaching a class for the senior students at HACC our local community college and after my third year, I am beginning to feel much more comfortable. Now if I could just do the same with self confidence, It would be great.

Self confidence issues have close links with the fear of speaking, leacturing, teaching, etc., in public. The following article might be useful:

Top 13 Public Speaking Mistakes

D
D
[quote=JOY ( Self Development )][b]Self confidence issues[/b] have close links with the [b]fear of speaking[/b], leacturing, teaching, etc., in public. The following article might be useful: [url=http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art18091.asp]Top 13 Public Speaking Mistakes[/url][/quote] I thought this article was very helpful. I have never had to speak in front of a large crowd. The biggest crowd I have ever spoke in front of was at my mother's wedding where I spoke in front of about 75 strangers. I was extremely nervous and not very self confident at all and it showed in my performance. I do not believe that I was scared of it - but just not relaxed or as prepared as I could have been. Lesson learned!! Great Article Joy!!

Last edited by dgambino1; 09/06/11 11:40 PM.
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: dgambino1

Re: Top 13 Public Speaking Mistakes

I thought this article was very helpful. I have never had to speak in front of a large crowd. The biggest crowd I have ever spoke in front of was at my mother's wedding where I spoke in front of about 75 strangers. I was extremely nervous and not very self confident at all and it showed in my performance. I do not believe that I was scared of it - but just not relaxed or as prepared as I could have been. Lesson learned!! Great Article Joy!!
Thank you for your feedback and comments. Yes, the fear of speaking in public can be reduced by putting some quite simple tips into practice. All the best for your next speech! (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I started taking a self esteem group class this summer and it has helped me immensely! We use a buidling self esteem workbook and talk about the sections and chapters. we keep a binder with our handouts and insights.

The class is available through my local guidance clinic - maybe you can look around for something like that, or buy yourself a workbook and meet with friends to discuss it each week.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Jilly
I started taking a self esteem group class this summer and it has helped me immensely! We use a buidling self esteem workbook and talk about the sections and chapters. we keep a binder with our handouts and insights...
Hi Jilly, that self esteem group class sounds quite creative too. Also, being able to look back at your insights as the weeks and months go by can be quite revealing as you watch how you change with time. (JOY)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.