Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think a key thing about priorities is that their relative importance will wax and wane over time and that is quite fine and natural. For example I have priorities of "be healthy" and "be serene". Maybe there will be a week when I'm not serene because I'm let's say doing wild swordfighting activities at a once-in-a-lifetime swordfighting school. So for that week my "be healthy" priority takes charge. That's fine! There'll be another week where I can focus on being serene.

I think the important part about priorities is being aware of them and making sure the time spent is at least being spent on *one* of your priorities. If a person spends weeks and weeks on some task that isn't even closely related to any priority at all, that would be the time to sit down and look at things.

So certainly many of our editors have health issues and during the health issue flare times, caring for our health is the most critical thing. Other items like "organize the kitchen" can wait!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
...I think the important part about priorities is being aware of them and making sure the time spent is at least being spent on *one* of your priorities. If a person spends weeks and weeks on some task that isn't even closely related to any priority at all, that would be the time to sit down and look at things...
Hi Lisa, your comment reminds me of the definition of a "good manager of life" versus a "bad manager of life." The bad manager does things right but the good manager does the right things. (JOY)

N
N
Right now, my priority is to complete my academic studies and my pet project "Neobian" :)

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Joy -

I'm reading this message in many of the various books I'm going through recently - that just being "busy" and slaving away is a waste of time if you're slaving towards a goal you don't really want. It's so easy to get caught up in that pattern, too!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Dear Joy - I'm reading this message in many of the various books I'm going through recently - that just being "busy" and slaving away is a waste of time if you're slaving towards a goal you don't really want...

Hi Lisa, yes, here's a succinct sentence about that: "Spend time on doing the right things rather than doing things right" i.e., don't waste precious time doing the wrong things to perfection! (JOY)

Linda19 #709598 08/22/11 07:30 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Fall is coming and this is a perfect time to revisit our priorities and see if they need tweaking! Mine are currently -

OVERALL PRIORITIES
* Help Others Directly
* Help Others Help Themselves
* Be Healthy
* Be Serene
* Be an Eternal Student
* Organize my World

I'm feeling iffy about the eternal student one now smile It sounds like someone who stays in college for 10 years because they want to party hearty. I want to always learn ... and I want to learn in service of doing my life tasks better. I wonder how I should phrase that!

I do feel happy with my priorities in general and I think I'm making good progress towards them!

Low Carb Forum
Lisa LowCarb #709631 08/23/11 01:13 AM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
For my mental health priority (my one main priority right now), I have one short term goal right now - to take my first set of meds *before* i get out of bed, and to remember to take my afternoon meds each day. I have been having trouble being reliable about this and want it to be a habit. I need it to be a habit.

I do have various support systems - weekly peer counseling, a weekly case manager meeting, a weekly self esteem class and a weekly WRAP class (sort of a recovery program for mentally ill clients).

Physical health priority - I have made appts with a my new dr to talk about various health concerns and plans for my care. And to make sure i do get in at least 15 minutes of movement each day, plus some fiber, one fruit and one veggie daily, or else take vitamins and powder fiber. (i am trying to keep this uber simple until these things are habits).

So there it is right now - health. And that really is plenty for my plate at this time. smile

Lisa LowCarb #709790 08/23/11 04:45 PM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
...I'm feeling iffy about the eternal student one now smile It sounds like someone who stays in college for 10 years because they want to party hearty. I want to always learn ... and I want to learn in service of doing my life tasks better. I wonder how I should phrase that!...
Hi Lisa, here are some thoughts. You could rephrase 'eternal student' to 'eternal student of Life' or 'learn more about my Self'. (JOY)

Jilly #709792 08/23/11 05:11 PM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Jilly
...So there it is right now - health. And that really is plenty for my plate at this time. smile

Hi Jilly, your goal of 'Health' is a great one as it can be short, medium and/or long term. With 'Health' under control, life becomes so much easier to handle. (JOY)

M
M
Right on! I so identify with you !! LOL Thank You for your post... The whole having a new priority each week with your ADD.... gotta love it!! I sooooo understand what you mean! Thank You and I hope you are able to keep focus on what is most important to you... I know I deal with theses things daily, weekly and monthly as well... But we are creative... and are able to compensate and overcome any obstacles that we are dedicated to... And when WE Do... IT IS BRILLIANT... So Keep It Up !!! Lovin Life~

Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.