Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I saw the most amazing thing right before I left for Charleston. In the backyard, I noticed two very large white birds flying towards the South. Being so close to the coast, that's not unusual. However, these birds were flying right beside each other. They banked to the East and maintained their wing tip to wing tip position.

They were so high and the moment was so brief, I didn't have time to grab the binoculars. I have never seen storks, egrets, or herons fly like this and they appeared to be pure white.

Does anyone have an idea as to which birds these could be?

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
They could be Great Egrets or more likely a Snowy Egret.

I bet Claybird would know. Claybird often posts in the Birding forum.

I have seen these only a few times in my life. They fly pretty high and are usually in or around water.

I saw a Jack Rabbit a short while ago. I was out back praying and asking for a sign and when I opened my eyes I saw Sister Rabbit watching me. What a good feeling that was.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
We saw egrets in Oklahoma on our way back from Texas. I've never seen one before, but that's what they looked like.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Yesterday I got to watch two Blue Jays squawking at my dog. She's been rooting around in the ivy that has creeped up our chain link fence. I have no idea what she's looking at. But the jays love to squawk and swoop her. It seems a bit late for baby birds doesn't it?? It seems any Blue Jay babies would be mobile enough to avoid my dog LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
The fledgling robins are now hopping around the yard and I can hear the parents calling to them....very spotted and lacking full size tail feathers...quite comical to see them hopping about in the lawn....until my bird dog catches site of them (ugh)

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
The fledgling robins are now hopping around the yard and I can hear the parents calling to them....very spotted and lacking full size tail feathers...quite comical to see them hopping about in the lawn....until my bird dog catches site of them (ugh)

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Welcome Back Wendy!!! We have missed you here in the forum. All of our babies are all grown, except for the lizards. I was working in the yard this afternoon and had to take care with each step. The little green lizards are only an inch or two long and there was a little blue tailed on the front porch.

One of the babies was sunning on a sago palm frond. When I got a little closer, he started bobbing his head up and down like a big boy. It was so cute!

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
that bobbing is an aggression thing, "see how big and bad I am" type of thing, it's also used in courting before mating.

I wish we had more lizards around here. I have only seen one in the last few years - a little Black Belly is what my grandson said she was.

I saw a Red Tailed Hawk land on my meditation rock this morning. I go out there once in a while to watch the little critters or meditate. It is in the back on the little mountain, so it is fairly private and very quiet.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
You know you're doing the speed limit when your car gets "buzzed" by a flying wild turkey!!! One flew right out in front of us on the way to the Tribal Grounds yesterday morning.

Last night there was a nasty thunderstorm with 3 lightning strikes on the grounds. It was meeting weekend, and all the kids were huddled in the cook shack during the storm. Thankfully no fires were started.

When we returned this morning Chief Martin was cooking some breakfast and said "We need 2 or 3 more good rains like last night." Well that request was answered in part this afternoon, but afterwards the dragon flies were dancing all around the circle and 2 hummingbirds stopped by to sample the feeders.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.