Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cindy Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Been to a rural food pantry? Low income seniors and the disabled rely on them to help make ends meet; problem is, Gov. Surplus food has been scarce recently. So what kind of food is being given as a generous donation?! Hamburger Helper, Mac& cheese dinners, salty canned soups, sugar coated cereal and other chemical cocktails mislabled as edible. Yet, the Obama Administration can't figure out why our low income seniors suffer more ailments and require expensive healthcare.
No wonder our economy is tanking: those clowns in Washington DC don't have a clue.

Cindy L Merrill
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Amen, Cindy! It would be much better to have bags of beans. They aren't glamorous, but they are filled with nutrition. With some onions and garlic for flavoring, they make mighty good eating.

There's also hot water cornbread. That's corn meal, hot water, and salt mixed together. It's about the consistency of pancake batter, but grainier. You stir it until it binds together, then pour about a pancake sized portion into a hot, lightly greased pan. Cook one side until golden, flip it and cook the other side. This is cheap and good with the beans to help complete the amino acids for optimum nutrition.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

J
J
Wow! This is really nice thread. I got very good information from it. Thanks for sharing the idea with others. It is really helpful.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Speaking of inexpensive nutrition, instead of spending money on beef I like garbanzo beans straight out of the can or mixed with any salad or veg combination. They are filling and satisfying. For a salad combo I add a spoonful of mayo mixed with pepper.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Food is food. There's not much I won't eat.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I've been adding beans to many things we eat the past few months because they are so healthy. I did a tomato, cucumber, avocado and garbanzo bean salad last night.

It's really too bad that the healthiest foods, fruits and veggies are so expensive, especially organic ones. Buying foods which are in season is much cheaper than out of season though.

J
J
Preferred to seasonal food to be healthy..

Moderated by  Megan-Healthy Foods 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.