logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That is so precious, Jane. The hawks look forward to you coming home and show their excitement. So sweet! Your heart must have fluttered with joy and love.

So Yankee decided to give a little try. She may be a little timid or shy about it, but once she finds out what it is like she will be right up there exploring in the trees with Rebel.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Gorgeous photos!

The pictures really capture their personalities too. I'll bet they return and keep the cycle of life going when they're old enough.

I can't thank you enough for the photos. It's how it should be. We respect them, they respect us and it's just such a positive light in life. smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Another day away and another very loud welcome home this evening. So loud the neighbors across the street brought their friends out to see the "kids."

Hoping everyone has voted on the names. The poll closes late Thursday night. So if you haven't already, please get your vote in. I think I have it narrowed down to 2 choices, and will think on it tonight as I drift off to sleep.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
These are the last of the "baby pictures." Our kids are all grown and flying around. Rebel went exploring in the vacant lot behind our house and buzzed me on his return to the nest tree this afternoon. He surprised my husband yesterday perched on a tree stump in our yard. Yankee was across the street. An easy way to distinguish between them is their breast feathers. Rebel's has much more brown and Yankee's breast feathers are barely spotted with browns

Here's Rebel in a nearby tree

Rebel swooped up from the tree stump to the neighbor's roof when my husband walked around the car.

Here's Yankee in a nearby tree

This is one of my favorites. It looks like Rebel is asking Yankee, "Are you ready yet?"

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Shark
Shark
They so very beautiful Jane! Thank you for sharing them--the timing is supernatural!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
It has been my absolute pleasure sharing our "kids" with everyone here on the forum. They have brought so much joy to our lives and hopefully a little to yours as well.

If the weather holds up Saturday, we'll have the naming ceremony as soon as we return from the Tribal Grounds. Even as big as they are, they still come back to the nest tree each evening. Well, it is their home and I hope it continues to be for a little while longer. I will sorely miss my "Beautiful Noise" if they need to find their own hunting grounds. I'm so thankful for the vacant lot behind our house and its bounty. Maybe it will provide for them the rest of the year.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
.... #694189 06/09/11 06:59 PM
I can see why that last picture is your favorite, Jane. "It is time, Sister -- ready when you are."

How very precious. From those two little white fluffy heads with big dark eyes peeking at us from their nests to these beautiful passage hawks is just a treasure to behold.

You have given us wonderful memories and I thank you for that. For you and Tim to share this with us is so appreciated.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
The kids got their names and Redbird took off with it. Keetowah is still "keeping" the nest. Maybe she knows my watch died this week and I need an alarm clock. This morning, both of them were hanging out in "Grandma" the very old live oak in our backyard.

Sunday morning, I thought I was dreaming about them, but my husband informed me it was not a dream. Keetowah was squawking at me to wake up. We'll probably see Redbird occasionally, but Keetowah seems intent to stay with us, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Keetowah is a "homebody". She seems quite comfortable in her habitat. She must look upon you and your husband as foster parents. Does Mama Hawk come back once in awhile still?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Shark
Shark
Oh Jane that's great!!

Well, not great that your watch died, but great that the feathered sweeties still seek your company! Maybe Keetowah wanted to stay a little longer to watch over you, with Redbird checking in every once in a while. I can't think of a more (to quote you) 'Beautiful Noise' to wake up to!

Last edited by Lisa-Appalachia; 06/13/11 10:50 AM.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.