Print Thread
Page 24 of 36 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 35 36
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Newly separated from my husband - I have a ton of "priorities" but I have to work on prioritizing them...Lol

All of a sudden everything jumped to the #1 spot. I need to step back, list them out and put them in order. It's a huge task at the moment. I've lived in denial for over a week - enough, time to get it together.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Dianne, as a teacher, I have 10 weeks without students in the summer. Note that I did not say that I'm off work. Summer is the time when I get prepared for the next year. I just did what you said that you need to do. Set priorities.

First I chose the categories where I have responsibilities. Then, I listed all of the things that I need to do in each categorie. I just got some plain white paper and put a heading on each. Then, I just started writing everything for each category.

I made a daily schedule that allows for 8 hours a day of working on my projects. It allows me to get up at 6AM, instead of 4:30 or 5AM. (Isn't that pitiful when 6AM is sleeping in??)

Wednesday, I have to be at the auto shop all day. I will have my lovely calendars to pencil everything in lightly. Also, I am reading a book for review that day.

A lot of the time in the summer, time will get "wasted" on sleeping and reading books that I've looked forward to reading. While I will be reading, there's too much to do to laze about. I have scheduled two weeks for vacation, too!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Shark
Shark
Priorities. Umm. The order changes on everything except the animals.
1. Sadie and Muggle-the dogs, Sable and Mineux-the cats, Tex, Sweetie, Lucy, Moonie, Gem, Jazzy, and Cherokee--the horses. Over 100 dogs and adoption applicants from For The Love of Dog New England Rescue.

2. Sleeping, eating

3. My honey

4. Me time

5. Family, housework, errands, bills, car stuff

6. This forum! lol

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Connie, You are so organized!!! I'm going to try to take the calm approach. No point running around waving my arms - "the sky is falling, the sky is falling." Which is actually what I feel like doing.

It's also about taking the time to actually SIT and write it out. Great planning idea. I'll keep you posted!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
...I made a daily schedule that allows for 8 hours a day of working on my projects. It allows me to get up at 6AM, instead of 4:30 or 5AM...I have scheduled two weeks for vacation, too!
Hi Connie, I agree with Dianne - you are wonderfully organised! (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Hi Great Grandaughter, so your priorities are those you love, sleeping, eating, YOU, "This forum" and house/car commitments. As they say in the UK - you have got your head screwed on right. If you look after yourself (food, sleep) and others (people, animals), your life falls into place with great peace. (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
You know what? I just had a thought about my great priority list from before. I actually need to completely scratch it right now.

The only important thing is working on my mental health/Aspergers' issues. Everything else is secondary. Nothing else will matter if I end up locked in a behavioral ward.

So there it is. i feel relieved to have worked this out. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 06/10/11 04:09 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OMG I was just thinking about this - I definitely want to get my attention put back on my priorities! Life has been so crazy, I justify my laziness toward my goals by saying "I'm too stressed out to care!" But I know if I'd move forward again, my stress would be reduced.

Okay - my priorities:

My family
My Relationships
Physical Health and Well Being
Inner Peace
Spiritual Growth
Living my Dream
Financial Prosperity

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I agree Jilly! Physical health and well being is what keeps everything else rolling along.

Do you feel like you've been making head way?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Headway? I don't know. I'd say there are steps forward and steps back at this point. I don't think things are getting worse, and that alone is a decent thing. smile

Page 24 of 36 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.