logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Were you treated as the least attractive of your friends? Were you always the last girl asked to dance? Read to see whether or not you suffer from Ugly Sister Syndrome and why if you do-- it's not a bad thing.
The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome

Cassandra George Sturges
Body Image Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Very true Cassandra!! I just loved your article.

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
What a unique angle with which to look at the ugly sister syndrome. An eye-opener. I hope that those who are viewed as ugly sisters can turn their situation in the way described here and not wallow in self-pity.

Last edited by rodav; 04/17/11 12:56 PM.
Great!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Your articles are always so interesting! I love this and it is so true. That has to be why real beautiful women are usually quite mean as well. I just think beauty can be a curse at times, if it's too much.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I didn't have that problem. But I DID get teased for having hyperhidrosis and as my hands were wet most of the time. When I shake hands, some people (the rude ones) went "Eeee". So you guessed it - I don't dance not because I wasn't asked but because I avoided it, rather than be embarrassed.

Shark
Shark
Cassandra, that was the most BEAUTIFUL article I've ever read!

Great article and a very interesting perspective. However I have found that being the 'ugly sister' obviously has made me aware of how people perceive the 'beautiful people' but this has not made me able to compensate by having a great personality, charisma and other area not focused on image. People not caring about me, thinking nothing of me, being ignored, or not taking an interest, chatting to me just so they can get the 'attractive one' to talk to them lowered my self esteem and my confidence. I suppose it is true in the sense that the artificial beautiful people rely on their looks to get by and those perceived as 'average' tend to have the better personality and are seen as 'real' people rather than fake.... but it depends on the person, some people can be born to be loved and cherished by all and have the personality and intelligence of an angel. Some are just lucky!

J
J
[quote=Relief in Progress]Great article and a very interesting perspective. However I have found that being the 'ugly sister' obviously has made me aware of how people perceive the 'beautiful people' but this has not made me able to compensate by having a great personality, charisma and other area not focused on image. People not caring about me, thinking nothing of me, being ignored, or not taking an interest, chatting to me just so they can get the 'attractive one' to talk to them lowered my self esteem and my confidence. I suppose it is true in the sense that the artificial beautiful people rely on their looks to get by and those perceived as 'average' tend to have the better personality and are seen as 'real' people rather than fake.... but it depends on the person, some people can be born to be loved and cherished by all and have the personality and intelligence of an angel. Some are just lucky! [/quote] Nice reply...I too have had the same experience...my little sister was the gorgeous cheerleader, my little brother is a G.Q. GI Joe, and I was the band geek turned dreaded pothead, lol..but I've always had a great job, I'm in a great relationship, and I've got a voice that won't quit and friends that love me for me...life works out for the ugly sister.. : )

I can only reiterate-- great article! It's all in what you tell yourself though I think. People envy the "ugly sisters" too for different things. As they say, the grass is always greener... haha So love yourself for who you are and tell yourself that you are amazing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.