BellaOnline

The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome

Posted By: Cassandra - Body Image Ed

The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 04/04/11 08:55 PM

Were you treated as the least attractive of your friends? Were you always the last girl asked to dance? Read to see whether or not you suffer from Ugly Sister Syndrome and why if you do-- it's not a bad thing.
The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome
Posted By: Kaycee Will

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 04/05/11 05:45 AM

Very true Cassandra!! I just loved your article.
Posted By: rodav

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 04/17/11 04:55 PM

What a unique angle with which to look at the ugly sister syndrome. An eye-opener. I hope that those who are viewed as ugly sisters can turn their situation in the way described here and not wallow in self-pity.
Posted By: oliviia

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 04/26/11 12:14 PM

Great!
Posted By: Dina - Women's Fashion

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 06/03/11 09:27 PM

Your articles are always so interesting! I love this and it is so true. That has to be why real beautiful women are usually quite mean as well. I just think beauty can be a curse at times, if it's too much.
Posted By: Lynsaf

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 06/05/11 01:58 PM

I didn't have that problem. But I DID get teased for having hyperhidrosis and as my hands were wet most of the time. When I shake hands, some people (the rude ones) went "Eeee". So you guessed it - I don't dance not because I wasn't asked but because I avoided it, rather than be embarrassed.
Posted By: ....

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 06/05/11 10:14 PM

Cassandra, that was the most BEAUTIFUL article I've ever read!
Posted By: Relief in Progress

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 06/14/11 05:28 PM

Great article and a very interesting perspective. However I have found that being the 'ugly sister' obviously has made me aware of how people perceive the 'beautiful people' but this has not made me able to compensate by having a great personality, charisma and other area not focused on image. People not caring about me, thinking nothing of me, being ignored, or not taking an interest, chatting to me just so they can get the 'attractive one' to talk to them lowered my self esteem and my confidence. I suppose it is true in the sense that the artificial beautiful people rely on their looks to get by and those perceived as 'average' tend to have the better personality and are seen as 'real' people rather than fake.... but it depends on the person, some people can be born to be loved and cherished by all and have the personality and intelligence of an angel. Some are just lucky!
Posted By: juniehyatt

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 07/21/11 01:23 PM

[quote=Relief in Progress]Great article and a very interesting perspective. However I have found that being the 'ugly sister' obviously has made me aware of how people perceive the 'beautiful people' but this has not made me able to compensate by having a great personality, charisma and other area not focused on image. People not caring about me, thinking nothing of me, being ignored, or not taking an interest, chatting to me just so they can get the 'attractive one' to talk to them lowered my self esteem and my confidence. I suppose it is true in the sense that the artificial beautiful people rely on their looks to get by and those perceived as 'average' tend to have the better personality and are seen as 'real' people rather than fake.... but it depends on the person, some people can be born to be loved and cherished by all and have the personality and intelligence of an angel. Some are just lucky! [/quote] Nice reply...I too have had the same experience...my little sister was the gorgeous cheerleader, my little brother is a G.Q. GI Joe, and I was the band geek turned dreaded pothead, lol..but I've always had a great job, I'm in a great relationship, and I've got a voice that won't quit and friends that love me for me...life works out for the ugly sister.. : )
Posted By: JillMagso

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 07/27/11 07:07 AM

I can only reiterate-- great article! It's all in what you tell yourself though I think. People envy the "ugly sisters" too for different things. As they say, the grass is always greener... haha So love yourself for who you are and tell yourself that you are amazing.
Posted By: deepak patel

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 09/03/11 11:09 AM

what is the work of ugly sister syndrome?
Posted By: zefina

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 11/16/11 09:16 AM

Very true Cassandra!! I just loved your article.
Posted By: Red Carpet Dresses

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 12/12/11 01:52 AM

The last paragraph is sooo true about the self esteem, great article
Posted By: jodiemt

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 12/12/11 05:03 AM

Awesome, that's a really perceptive way to look at this syndrome. A nice read all-in-all.
Posted By: bkpjewels

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 01/02/12 04:53 AM

The article you provided the ugly sister syndrome is very unique and truth. I really like it.
Posted By: ChrisK

Re: The Beauty of the Ugly Sister Syndrome - 01/02/12 06:53 PM

Very good article.I can relate.
© 2020 BellaOnline Forums