Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#683721 05/04/11 11:32 AM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

How do you ENJOY your chocolate, but not gain any weight?

Personally, I have to stay away from it as I just cannot stop at one small piece (lol). But I do make a trip to the local dollar store when I just have to have some and get their $1 packets of 6 miniature (take note/lol) bars. Usually that satisfies my urge and I don't end up binging and ruining my diet. Well it is really not a diet, just a "way of living" that keeps the pounds away. Dieting was stressing me out and it would never fail - I would end up falling off the wagon and gaining back what I lost PLUS MORE...

Now your turn smile

Thanks,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
what i do is to eat a lot of chocolates i a daytime, and do a lot of jogging in the evening time. This helps me keep the balance between diet and health.

Last edited by barney003; 05/05/11 01:17 AM.
[quote=Angela J. Shirley]Hi Everyone: [size:11pt][b]How do you ENJOY your chocolate, but not gain any weight?[/b][/size] [size:11pt][b]Now your turn :)[/b][/size] Thanks, [/quote] LOL - if you figure out how, let me know! Seriously, though, the best thing to do, I think, is to eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate and other bars mixed with lots of sugar. Also, as with everything, moderation is the key. A bar or two every now and then should not make you gain weight. (Now I should follow my own advice.)

Noemi #684182 05/05/11 03:01 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi barney003 & Noemi:

Welcome - I see you are both NEW smile

LOL, yes I will let you know if I figure it out as I am not able to stay away from the stuff.

And exercise seems to be the key - so I guess I will continue to do my few minutes in the mornings.

Thanks for sharing!

While wine tasters have discovered this technique, it's often not employed by chocolate lovers... You could chew your chocolate for the flavor and then spit it out.

Personally, I don't recommend this (unless I'm trying something new and really decide I don't like it - then it's not worth the calories). But this process does allow the enjoyment of flavor without the possibility of gaining weight.

Shark
Shark
Spit out chocolate you adore?! Blasphemy!! lmao

M
Shark
Shark
M
I try to be really good about everything else so I can splurge on dessert! Now that the weather is getting warmer I look forward to hot fudge sundaes. Although, if I am trying to be better I like the Klondike sugar free ice cream bars. They are 170 calories and that is much less than if I devoured an entire hot fudge sundae!

Michelle M #692351 06/02/11 08:19 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
If you want a quick hot fudge, take some chocolate chips, add a bit of cream or half and half, and microwave in a pyrex.

Do not microwave in a plastic measuring cup. The kids at school still talk about me setting the microwave on fire!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
LOL, yep, I can tell you some of my microwave stories - one episode I had the place STINKING for about a week. Now I stay by the microwave and check the inside periodically just to make sure. I finally realized that just because a recipe or food package says a certain time does not mean it pertains to MY microwave(lol).

Spitting out chocolate, oh no. When I am BAD, I am eating it and then promising not to do it any time soon. Hmmmm, it has been a while since I stopped by Dollar General to pick up a mini pack of Baby Ruth. But to be honest, if I don't have the "urge" I leave it alone. But when I get the packet (has 6 miniature bars), I sit my butt down and ENJOY every crumb = sharing with no one, not even our two dogs. And they can make you feel guilty = sit right down in front of you and STARE smile

Love the recipe tips, will try them out - who knows, I may just like them and save some calories in the process blush

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 06/05/11 03:02 PM.
Shark
Shark
yes! having dogs stare at you while you eat chocolate is such a good method! They look up at me with those chocolate colored eyes as I down my (all time favorite) chocolate covered raisins! :p

Last edited by great_grandaughter; 06/05/11 03:06 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.