BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Chocolate - 05/04/11 03:32 PM
Hi Everyone:

How do you ENJOY your chocolate, but not gain any weight?

Personally, I have to stay away from it as I just cannot stop at one small piece (lol). But I do make a trip to the local dollar store when I just have to have some and get their $1 packets of 6 miniature (take note/lol) bars. Usually that satisfies my urge and I don't end up binging and ruining my diet. Well it is really not a diet, just a "way of living" that keeps the pounds away. Dieting was stressing me out and it would never fail - I would end up falling off the wagon and gaining back what I lost PLUS MORE...

Now your turn smile

Thanks,
Posted By: barney003 Re: Chocolate - 05/05/11 05:15 AM
what i do is to eat a lot of chocolates i a daytime, and do a lot of jogging in the evening time. This helps me keep the balance between diet and health.
Posted By: Noemi Re: Chocolate - 05/05/11 02:42 PM
[quote=Angela J. Shirley]Hi Everyone: [size:11pt][b]How do you ENJOY your chocolate, but not gain any weight?[/b][/size] [size:11pt][b]Now your turn :)[/b][/size] Thanks, [/quote] LOL - if you figure out how, let me know! Seriously, though, the best thing to do, I think, is to eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate and other bars mixed with lots of sugar. Also, as with everything, moderation is the key. A bar or two every now and then should not make you gain weight. (Now I should follow my own advice.)
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Chocolate - 05/05/11 07:01 PM
Hi barney003 & Noemi:

Welcome - I see you are both NEW smile

LOL, yes I will let you know if I figure it out as I am not able to stay away from the stuff.

And exercise seems to be the key - so I guess I will continue to do my few minutes in the mornings.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: PrimalChocolateTherapist Re: Chocolate - 05/28/11 06:14 PM
While wine tasters have discovered this technique, it's often not employed by chocolate lovers... You could chew your chocolate for the flavor and then spit it out.

Personally, I don't recommend this (unless I'm trying something new and really decide I don't like it - then it's not worth the calories). But this process does allow the enjoyment of flavor without the possibility of gaining weight.
Posted By: .... Re: Chocolate - 05/28/11 08:57 PM
Spit out chocolate you adore?! Blasphemy!! lmao
Posted By: Michelle M Re: Chocolate - 06/03/11 12:09 AM
I try to be really good about everything else so I can splurge on dessert! Now that the weather is getting warmer I look forward to hot fudge sundaes. Although, if I am trying to be better I like the Klondike sugar free ice cream bars. They are 170 calories and that is much less than if I devoured an entire hot fudge sundae!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Chocolate - 06/03/11 12:19 AM
If you want a quick hot fudge, take some chocolate chips, add a bit of cream or half and half, and microwave in a pyrex.

Do not microwave in a plastic measuring cup. The kids at school still talk about me setting the microwave on fire!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Chocolate - 06/05/11 06:57 PM
LOL, yep, I can tell you some of my microwave stories - one episode I had the place STINKING for about a week. Now I stay by the microwave and check the inside periodically just to make sure. I finally realized that just because a recipe or food package says a certain time does not mean it pertains to MY microwave(lol).

Spitting out chocolate, oh no. When I am BAD, I am eating it and then promising not to do it any time soon. Hmmmm, it has been a while since I stopped by Dollar General to pick up a mini pack of Baby Ruth. But to be honest, if I don't have the "urge" I leave it alone. But when I get the packet (has 6 miniature bars), I sit my butt down and ENJOY every crumb = sharing with no one, not even our two dogs. And they can make you feel guilty = sit right down in front of you and STARE smile

Love the recipe tips, will try them out - who knows, I may just like them and save some calories in the process blush
Posted By: .... Re: Chocolate - 06/05/11 07:05 PM
yes! having dogs stare at you while you eat chocolate is such a good method! They look up at me with those chocolate colored eyes as I down my (all time favorite) chocolate covered raisins! :p
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Chocolate - 06/05/11 07:20 PM
LOL, we are twins blush I tell them while I am eating my Baby Ruth that I can not eat their dog food. And you know that does not even register with them. They want the good stuff(lol). Bobbie the 3-legged pitt bull will give up before Jeremiah the Jack Russell Terrier. I swear he has a Phd in begging laugh and will not move until I am finished with ALL my bars.

Originally Posted By: great_grandaughter
yes! having dogs stare at you while you eat chocolate is such a good method! They look up at me with those chocolate colored eyes as I down my (all time favorite) chocolate covered raisins! :p
Posted By: Clenbut Re: Chocolate - 06/20/11 07:13 AM
It is always a hard job to keep the chocolate away from the diet, i love them a lot, but always think that if i will eat chocolate then it will be harmful for my body, i dont want to increase my weight.
Posted By: rodav Re: Chocolate - 06/22/11 10:56 AM
Gee, just encountering the word makes my mouth water. I sooo love chocolate. I stay away from fattening foods, but chocolate I can't avoid. I realized, I haven't have one for maybe 10 days now. I came across a blog post that says we should not totally deprive ourselves of this sweet thing if we really like it, because the more we avoid it the more our craving and our stress increase. It's alright to eat some every no and then.
© BellaOnline Forums