Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Oh, Alice! Thank you for your kindness and good heart. When I read your statement, it felt as though you *did* go back in time to give me a sugar-sprinkled cookie! smile

I'm so glad you started this thread because it brings back the warm feelings we had in childhood. And it's interesting to read how life unfolded for people...

Here's a funny memory:

One hot summer afternoon, the telephone repairman came to fix the wiring that ran from the house to the telephone pole out back. My mother, being kind, usually offered refreshments to service workers. She just made us tiny vanilla ice cream cones with these cute miniature cones. So, she made the repairman an ice cream cone, too, only she used a big, regular-sized cone for his. She packed in a lot of ice cream, piling it up high, and told my little sister and me to go and take it to him.

On the way out, we marveled at this gigantic ice cream cone and we couldn't resist. We both took a big lick from it before we went outside to hand it to a very grateful and unsuspecting repairman.

The guilt got to us later and we finally confessed but my mother only laughed loud and hard.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
One of my favorite memories was when we went floundering. My uncle drove his pick-up truck along the beach and we waded along in the water with spears. The light would shine on the water and you could see a dark spot that was a sleeping flounder. I don't remember spearing any but we'd be right near them before they woke up and swam off. Exciting stuff for a kid.

Alice, Senior Living Editor
Senior Living Website
Senior Living Forum

W
W
Hi Claybird, You stirred a memory for me only it was my great grandfather's lap on which I sat at the ripe young age of 2yrs. I do remember him reading the funnies in the Sunday paper to me and then he would say " There once was a girl with a curl right in the middle of her forehead and when she was good she was very, very good, but when she was bad she was horrid." I loved my great grandpa and have never thought until now about the impact of that message had on my little girl mind. I'll have to think about this. Wynne

Tiger
Tiger
Welcome to the forum Wynne - I see you are NEW smile Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your very special memories with us!
Originally Posted By: Wynne
Hi Claybird,

You stirred a memory for me only it was my great grandfather's lap on which I sat at the ripe young age of 2yrs. I do remember him reading the funnies in the Sunday paper to me and then he would say " There once was a girl with a curl right in the middle of her forehead and when she was good she was very, very good, but when she was bad she was horrid." I loved my great grandpa and have never thought until now about the impact of that message had on my little girl mind. I'll have to think about this.

Wynne

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Sitting on the doorstep at age 7 in our mining village eating fresh chips with malt vinegar from a newspaper watching the stars dance in the inky black sky.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.