Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
Mine is riding on Dad's back while he swam out to the deep water. He gave me a deep love of the ocean and swimming.

Alice, Senior Living Editor
Senior Living Website
Senior Living Forum

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
There are so many that it's hard to choose a favorite.

*Sitting high in our lychee tree with my sisters, peeling the juicy fruits and trying not to fall off the limbs.
*Sitting in my daddy's lap as he read picture books to me.
*Playing with my china set and serving my grandpa some "tea" and cake in those tiny dishes. He'd leave pennies for me as payment and a tip.
*Sitting on a surfboard with my cousin as my uncle paddled us out to sea near the rocks so he could dive for seaweed.
*Family picnics where the adults would play cards, grill teriyaki chicken and snooze while the kids played tag.
*Playing in the Hawaiian surf where the water was clear and warm.
*Blowing bubbles on my front porch and wishing I could sit inside one and float away.
*Collecting pukka shells on the sandy beach.
*Seeing rainbows in every directions at the same time.
*Smelling the exquisite island florals when we rolled down the car windows and drove to the "country."
*Watching my mom and dad dance in the kitchen.
*Huge family luaus where everyone rushed around to help lift the pig from the underground oven/imu.
*Mochi pounding at my uncle's. We'd have an open fire and roast oysters, too.
*Going fishing with my father who didn't let me go anymore when I squealed when he put some live bait in my hands. And hearing how he forgot to pull up the anchor so he rowed and rowed until he realized he was going in circles!
*Reading books all by myself in my bedroom.
*Talking to God and hearing Him answer.

Last edited by Chi-Japanese Food; 12/31/10 01:05 PM.
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
Those are wonderful Lori! It brings back lots of fond memories although our sights and smells were far different. The big family memory were all the cousins cracking open the crabs. Mom made the best crab patties. My uncle was a shrimper and we ate loads of shrimp.

Senior Living Website
Senior Living Forum

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Sitting in my father's lap while he read the funnies to me. We may have been on the other side of the world from Lori and her father, but the memory is the same, and equally cherished.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sitting in the branches of our cherry tree stuffing my face with my favourite fruit. Then shouting to my grand-dad, who we lived with, to come and get me down.

Peace

Linda Heywood

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Oh YES!

I always loved horses and always wanted one. My parents were really poor so it was just a dream.

One day, my mom took me across town for a pony ride. I was on the horse, being led slowly around a riding ring when my mom asked � Would you like to have that horse Lynn?�
Of course I said yes. The next thing out of her mouth was, �Then I think we should take him home.�

It is bar none my most favorite memory. My mom paid $40 for him. His name was Gingerbread. He was 15 years old but to me he was the best horse in the world.

I was sure that I was just dreaming.
I will never forget how that day felt.

In this photo I am the one on the ground, giving pony rides to friends. What a day that was.

J
J
I actually have to say that I have three favorite childhood memories and I even know the dates. 5/10/70 Billy was born, 12/7/72 Jeffrey was born and 10/29/75 Jason was born. My three little brothers, who drove me crazy, but regardless they were my best friends. Sometimes I wish that they could have stayed little boys, they were so much more fun.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Oh, Lynn! What a great mother! I got goosebumps reading your memory. I could feel her love for you as well as your joy. Thank you for posting that wonderful photo.

These are sweet memories, people. Please keep sharing! I love reading them and they uplift me. smile

A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
Siblings are such a big part of childhood memories. No brothers here. I can't imagine what it would be like growing up with boys in the house.

Senior Living Website
Senior Living Forum

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
There is a saying - can't remember it exactly - but it boils down to the fact that we only have one childhood. I try hard to keep that in mind when I deal with my children.

I remember the Sunday drives we used to take. I remember my parents making it a day trip to drive from New Jersey to the National Zoo in DC. That was a 3 hour trip one way.

I remember our parents taking us to Disney World when we were small. At the time, people of color were not welcomed in many motels. My dad would get out hotel after hotel looking for a place for us to sleep each night, but finally he would come back to the car and say, lets camp in the car tonight. He made it sound like an adventure. It wasnt until we were in our late 20's that we realized what happened and how he never let on what he faced trying to find rooms for us.

The times spent together as a family, playing board games during the holiday visits - tons of fun!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.