Page 23 of 36 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 35 36
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Linda - Islam
...I am a very spontaneous person and I tend to do things on the spur of the moment...
Hi Linda, that also suggests that you welcome opportunities as they come your way and live very much in the 'present' - a great way to live your life! (JOY)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes totally Joy, that is my motto, 'live for the moment'. It is what I tell everyone.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #674327 03/31/11 08:45 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Linda -

You bring up a fascinating angle to this discussion. I would posit that there is always disappointment available in life. You can be just as disappointed with what you have now as you could with a future goal. On the other hand, you can have future goals without having disappointment!

I.e. let's say I have a goal to get to be 20% body fat. It is a good goal for my health. If I only get to 22% body fat, I'm not disappointed! I'm pleased at my effort, and I'm pleased at what I learned along the way. The act of working towards something better has helped me be a better person.

Absolutely I agree that you don't need goals of making money or grabbing things to own. One of my goals is to get *rid* of things! I want to donate items to charity. I want a cleaner home.

Having a goal to worship God every day is a great goal. That right there *is* a goal. Hopefully it does not disappoint you to have that goal!

What if you had a goal to help out a charity or group around you. Do you have a religious group you belong to? Do they have any goals they would like to reach? Maybe if you had an interest you could align yourself with that goal and help them make progress!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I have been for the past, but not now, I feel the need for their own careers to think and find their own efforts, and only really suitable for their own personal experience to determine their own

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It's spring, and the perfect time for everyone to revisit their priority lists! Spring is about rebirth and renewal and growth. We're about to hit May Day!

I'm looking at my list and the one I'd like to reword is "learn and grow". The rest are nice "end states" like "be healthy" and "be serene". Maybe the learning one should be "be actively learning"? I want to give the sense not that I am "fully educated" but that I am finding joy in always learning something new.

Any ideas?

What do you guys think about your priorities? Do you have them hanging on your desk or on your smart phone? I was just thinking that I should find a way to put these into my smart phone - maybe save this Word document as a PDF and load it up?

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
It's spring, and the perfect time for everyone to revisit their priority lists!...I'm looking at my list and the one I'd like to reword is "learn and grow"...I want to give the sense not that I am "fully educated" but that I am finding joy in always learning something new. Any ideas?

What do you guys think about your priorities? Do you have them hanging on your desk or on your smart phone? I was just thinking that I should find a way to put these into my smart phone - maybe save this Word document as a PDF and load it up?

Hi Lisa, that's a great idea to put your priorities into your smart phone. Regarding ideas for rewording �learn and grow�, how about �Be an eternal student (of life)� ? (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Joy -

That is a wonderful suggestion - thank you so much!

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
What my priorities are love, healthy, relationships, education, money and success.
They are important to me. They all give me strength, stability, reasurance and Hope. Each one has a way into the other. To love and be loved is a miracle which gives you your family, soul mate and friends. Healthly relationship is strengh, its work and commitment to make relationships be exciting, fun, and woth all the work. Education is your rock your back bone to get the sucsess you need to achieve the money that makes the world go round. Kinda of funny how they all fit together in some way. They all give me hope to keep moving on and succeed in everything I do.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Astera
What my priorities are love, healthy, relationships, education, money and success...
Hi Astera, those are good, solid priorities. (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

As we enter June, what priorities (work, business, social, etc) do you all have for the second half of this year? (JOY)

Page 23 of 36 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.