Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#679044 04/17/11 03:10 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Do you think the "condom" is enough protection against catching Aids or Hiv?

What about folks that choose not to use one - what are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I hate them - and praying the guy I am now with does not have Aids or Hiv. Now I do my "yearly" testing so that I know if I need to make plans to sign everything over to my ONLY child. I owe her this much. But to be honest, I do hate waiting for the results and glad to say, so far, I am okay.

Now your turn...

Thanks,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Angela, I dislike condoms as well but I have realized in the day and time that we live in they are a necessary evil. To "pray" that the guy you are with doesn't have HIV or AIDS is not enough. Everyone alive who has HIV/AIDS prayed that the person they were with didn't have it but they did. You must protect yourself not only for yourself but for the sake of your child. Having unprotected sex is like playing Russian roulette, sooner or later you are going to catch the bullet. HIV/AIDS can lie dormant in your system for up to 7 years. Just because your test is coming up negative now doesn't mean that you are in the safe zone. Be aware.... Be safe.... Stay Alive!

Sincerely, Jontay
AIDS/HIV
AIDS & HIV Forum

Be Protected... Get Educated... Stay ALIVE!

"In order to succeed, simply act as though it is impossible to fail."
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Jontay,

Very good advice. I used to work for the HIV/AIDS program years ago. You provide great advice and tips. I'll be dropping by from time to time to comment on your latest topics. Keep up the good work!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Jontay:

When you are with someone for keeps, you do what works for both parties. I do not sleep around and I am not going to live in "fear" of catching something. When both parties trust, get tested - I feel it is okay not to use condoms.

QUESTION: If no one stopped using condoms = no babies would be born - is this correct?

But I do respect your opinion smile

Originally Posted By: Jontay HIVandAIDS
Angela,

I dislike condoms as well but I have realized in the day and time that we live in they are a necessary evil. To "pray" that the guy you are with doesn't have HIV or AIDS is not enough. Everyone alive who has HIV/AIDS prayed that the person they were with didn't have it but they did. You must protect yourself not only for yourself but for the sake of your child. Having unprotected sex is like playing Russian roulette, sooner or later you are going to catch the bullet.

HIV/AIDS can lie dormant in your system for up to 7 years. Just because your test is coming up negative now doesn't mean that you are in the safe zone.

Be aware.... Be safe.... Stay Alive!

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Tuculia (hopefully I spelt it right/lol):

Same question to you?

So we keep on the condoms and have no babies?

I am heading to your daughter site to see what NEAT stuff you have added smile

Originally Posted By: TCW
Hi Jontay,

Very good advice. I used to work for the HIV/AIDS program years ago. You provide great advice and tips. I'll be dropping by from time to time to comment on your latest topics. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 04/19/11 12:53 PM.
Angela, Ultimately, the choice is always yours. And yes, you have to do what works for both parties. However, know that HIV/AIDS doesn't care if you are with someone for keeps. It will infect someone in a long term relationship the same as it will infect someone who just had a one night stand. Lots of people infected with HIV/AIDS were in a long term relationship with just one person. There is just no way to account for the people they have slept with in the past and whether or not those people have been exposed to HIV/AIDS. Statistics show that one out of every four people who have HIV/AIDS don't know that they have it. I wouldn't recommend that you live in fear. Just know that your choices may have long lasting consequences.

Last edited by Jontay HIVandAIDS; 04/19/11 01:56 PM.
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
LOL Jontay, what about my question about babies? You take a chance with trying to get pregnant? Thanks smile

Originally Posted By: Jontay HIVandAIDS
Angela,

Ultimately, the choice is always yours. And yes, you have to do what works for both parties.

However, know that HIV/AIDS doesn't care if you are with someone for keeps. It will infect someone in a long term relationship the same as it will infect someone who just had a one night stand. Lots of people infected with HIV/AIDS were in a long term relationship with just one person. There is just no way to account for the people they have slept with in the past and whether or not those people have been exposed to HIV/AIDS. Statistics show that one out of every four people who have HIV/AIDS don't know that they have it.

I wouldn't recommend that you live in fear. Just know that your choices may have long lasting consequences.

K
K
yogic managementof aids People who carry the HIV virus in their body need to stay healthy at all times and can benefit from performing creation exercises and postures. Yogic practices have been found to be effective in healing some of the ailments caused by the virus in the body. Most of these asanas can be practiced at home with minimal supervision: * Mountain Pose (Parvatasana) * Head To Knee Pose (Janu Sirsasana) * Plough Pose (Halasana) * Corpse Pose (Shavasana) * Shoulder Stand Pose (Bhastrika) * Bellows Breath (Bhastrika) * Alternate Nostril Breathing (Nadi Shodhana) Practicing these pose can be boon for the patients but one should be proactive as yogic treatment are a precautionary steps. www.divinewellness.com

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
Hi Everyone:

Do you think the "condom" is enough protection against catching Aids or Hiv?

What about folks that choose not to use one - what are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I hate them - and praying the guy I am now with does not have Aids or Hiv. Now I do my "yearly" testing so that I know if I need to make plans to sign everything over to my ONLY child. I owe her this much. But to be honest, I do hate waiting for the results and glad to say, so far, I am okay.

Now your turn...

Thanks,

S
S
<a href=BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.