Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
The man must be a good actor if it's a set up. He looks as if he is set for a coronary, and is so thoroughly aggressive and unpleasant you have to wonder why he would choose to appear like this. I believe he would do well either way as he is an acclaimed award winning chef, and I honestly wonder if as many people switch off as switch on when he starts ranting and being abusive.

Many of the contestants are fed lines, I am sure. When reality TV programmes (as it is spelt in the UK) transfer to the US - 'Wife Swap' for example, there is a transparent lack of truth, and the stories spin so fast you get dizzy. At the beginning of the prog there is a 'get out' clause which states that some scenes have been inserted for dramatic effect. The original series on Channel 4, UK began as something of a sociological experiment. Meanwhile Stateside it seems anything goes - as long as it is not actually true!

This is a shame because the artificial sensationalism obscures what was fairly revelatory and potentially sensational anyway, as changing your life - for however short a time - and being emotionally challenged (usually the wife is placed with a family with entirely different values from her own, placing a vegetarian with a butcher, for example, oh OK that example was also sensational, but you know the kind of thing), produced a pretty explosive situation as it was without spicing it up any further!

And talking of spices - I realize I've strayed off our Gordon
somewhat, but hey, that's show bizz!!! cry

Last edited by Eileen Brit TV; 03/30/11 03:09 AM.

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Great article Asha, I had no idea he was from bonny Scotland, he must have lost his bonny when he moved to Shakespeare land.

We have a Gordon Ramsey cookbook,Ramsay's Best Menus, on the cover picture he has a lobster or a crab, can't remember, on his shoulder. The crustacean looks friendlier but I do love his recipe for mushroom risotto. I never watch his programmes because he irritates me. I would definitely not survive in his kitchen!

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Linda are you sure he is not bonny at times anyway?

You mention mushroom risotto (as a veggie who likes mushrooms and can tolerate rice if it is well flavoured this sounds good). Are there other recipes of his you have tried?

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Asha, I am sure I was being a bit harsh on the man. I am sure he has his bonny moments!

I am not the one who cooks in our home (both my sons do the cooking), I just eat what I am given, but his Spring Garden soup was lovely too.

I looked through the cookbook for you, not many veggie recipes in this one!

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for looking in your book Linda. You are very lucky to have sons who do the cooking! How old are they? And do they enjoy it or is it just part of how you've divided up chores?

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Great article, Asha. I love Gordon Ramsay. He has a good balance of compassion and honest criticism. He does have a fiery temperament, but that shows he is very passionate about his own work and helping others to learn. I like all his shows and love to watch him. When he is gentle and compassionate, his inner beauty comes through.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 04/04/11 01:36 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My sons are now 30 and 24 years old, they have both been cooking since they were small boys. They both just love cooking, and as I don't that suits me fine. I always let them help when I was cooking and it just took over from there.

I grow the vegetables for the recipes. And I do the washing up!

Linda Heywood

Originally Posted By: Eileen Brit TV

And talking of spices - I realize I've strayed off our Gordon
somewhat, but hey, that's show bizz!!! cry

Whoops! Gordon ain't gonna like that! eek

Hope he does not come in here like a hurricane and yell at us! shocked

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Linda sounds great. So do they both still live at home? What vegetables do you grow? And I'm taking it you are the dishwasher rather than using a machine to do it all...

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Phyllis thank you. You have a wonderful turn of phrase - his inner beauty coming through is so true. Seeing compassion at the other side of anger - or is it passion - (caused by volatility, perfectionism, frustration, self flagellation, whatever...) can be beautiful to behold.

Yet I also recognise how often anger can be unremitting/unforgiving, and that people may experience a fine line between anger tempered by compassion and abuse. I would argue that with Ramsay this is not the case, because people on his shows know what they are getting themselves in to, but he does frequently practise a make or break philosophy.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.