Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
My mother loves me and she just has a really biting sense of humor. She thought she was being funny *and* constructive!

She did mean it. My body is thin, except for my belly (typical diabetic body shape). Aw, the truth hurts sometimes! :p

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Lori Chidori - Marriage
My mother loves me and she just has a really biting sense of humor. She thought she was being funny *and* constructive! She did mean it. My body is thin, except for my belly (typical diabetic body shape). Aw, the truth hurts sometimes! :p
Hi Lori, on the topic of cultural differences, if you were in the West Indies and a comment was made about someone�s big hips say, that would be a real compliment! (JOY)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
"Don't worry so much about your self-esteem. Worry more about your character. Integrity is its own reward."

"The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment, it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone." Orison Swett Marden

"The greatest difficulty is that men do not think enough of themselves, do not consider what it is that they are sacrificing when they follow in a herd, or when they cater for their establishment." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
"Don't worry so much about your self-esteem. Worry more about your character. Integrity is its own reward."...
Hi Monica, that's a great quote about self-esteem. Yes, if you live an honest life with integrity, nothing can touch your character or self-esteem. (JOY)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Came across this amazing passage this morning by George Bernard Shaw "This is the true joy of life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 03/21/11 04:47 PM.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Came across this amazing passage this morning by George Bernard Shaw "This is the true joy of life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."

Hi Monica, Shaw's text is not that easy to understand straight away, but I agree, that's a good quote. (JOY)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I agree it's a bit confusing at first but by the end it really gets to the point about finding happiness in your life purpose, being a might force of nature, and not giving in to selfish whining and complaining that just gets in the way.

I found some new ones today that helped me get closer to a new domain for my new site. I really love that last one:

"Well done is better than well said." Benjamin Franklin

"Inspirations never go in for long engagements; they demand immediate marriage to action." Brendan Francis

"A barking dog is often more useful than a sleeping lion." Washington Irving, adapted from a verse in the Bible

"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs." Vance Havner

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
...I found some new ones today that helped me get closer to a new domain for my new site. I really love that last one: ... "The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs." Vance Havner
Hi Monica, yes, that's a great one. Dreams come true by taking the action needed. (JOY)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Amazing how all the best stuff just crosses your path when you have that mindset. This is what I came across today on greatness:

"I take nothing for granted. I now have only good days or great days." Lance Armstrong

"To be great is to serve." Matthew 20

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Well then...I am still rising.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.