logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Alicia, welcome to the Exotic Pets forum, I enjoyed your post a great deal, and it was certainly thought-provoking.

My forum topic �Confirmation on WHO has Neanderthal genes� started out to be an off topic bit of humor to lighten the spirit of the day. It turned out to be an enlightening experience that I have enjoyed tremendously. Our forum members have certainly caused me to consider many ideas I may not have contemplated before.

I couldn�t agree more about corruption especially the influence on science and religion. How much has been thrown away or concealed from public view because of money and politics? What discoveries were never made because the financial plug was pulled or a boulder dropped because it would have caused embarrassing consequences? The funny thing is, how brain washed scientists are, against any religious implications concerning biology or any science, is how much religion negatively influenced science. Again, because of money, politics, control, and power. Look at the number of great thinkers that had to hide in secret, how about the multitudes that died never able to make their theories public?

What has made the most sense to me is that evolutionary biology is chance with the probability of success guided by a divine force. There is just no way a big kaboom fell into a neat little package called earth, definitely not several suns and planets, not without Devine guidance.

It is a breath of fresh air to know there is a biologist that thinks for herself. Any scientist, no matter how brilliant, seems to get stuck inside a mindset where they seem to get stuck, no longer able to see beyond certain parameters or the proverbial box.

Examining evolution without a supreme force seems like it would have to be more deterministic. Your Goddess had to have a wonderful sense of humor, especially looking at the platypus.

One comment about religion, all religions over thousands of years have too many similarities not to have some element of truth. Again, money and politics all the way back to ancient times played a tremendous role in tainting the accurateness of those truths.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor

Again, money and politics all the way back to ancient times played a tremendous role in tainting the accurateness of those truths.

Ego plays a large role in 'tainting the accurateness of those truths'. Humans are told to kill their ego in all of the scriptures. Ego leads to corruption of truth because the ego does not want to think that its way could be wrong. There can only be one correct way. Ego wants it to be its way.

Adam was given the names of everything when he was sent down to Earth as a human.

Linda Heywood

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Ego is the only driving force for greed = money, politics, power, hurting others either mentally or physically. I am curious, give me some direction to any Sacred book on the subject of Ego.

Feeding Live Prey to Exotic Pets

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
The Quran

2:54 Recall that Moses said to his people, 'O my people, you have wronged your souls by worshiping the calf. You must repent to the Creator. You shall kill your egos. This is better for you in the sight of your Creator.' He did redeem you. He is the Redeemer, Most Merciful.

This story is in the Bible too.

38:26 O David, we have made you a ruler on earth. Therefore, you shall judge among the people equitably, do not follow your personal opinion, lest it diverts you from the way of God. Surely those who stray off the way of God incur sever retribution for forgetting the Day of Reckoning.

Our own personal opinion can lead us into a lot of trouble. It is the ego, our own personal opinion of Satan, that got us here in the first place.

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 03/17/11 01:08 PM.

Linda Heywood

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Qur�an

Then He turned towards you (in forgiveness): For He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

I just recently started on the Qur�an, is there a Surah similar to the Bible's Revelations?

I intend on making it through all Holy books for all religions during my lifetime. It amazes me the similarities, the Qur�an appears to be freer from impurities.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I wonder if many scientists fear God because he is unseen? Didn't stop them from splitting the first atom, not knowing if it would cause a domino effect

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
The Quran states that it confirms and supersedes all the previous scriptures. All the way through the Quran it tells us about the things in Revelations. It tells us how we got here, where we were before we came here, where we are going after we leave here and why we are here. It tells us how the world will end and what happens to us when it does.

The Quran is a book. It needs to be read from chapter 1 to chapter 114 to understand its message. Most people just read a couple of chapters or memorise a few verses, but that is not how it is supposed to be read.

Scientists have very big egos and they cannot see beyond them. They think they are right and religion is wrong and yes, the unseen scares them. What they do in Switzerland with the Hadron Collider is unethical because if goes something wrong they will not be able to correct it and we will all suffer from their mistake. Egomanics.

Why don't they use the money they waste on atom splitting and space flights to feed the humans who are hungry on this planet. Science is not going to save us from the end of the world.

Linda Heywood

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Demonizing science. Interesting!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Physics, chemistry, biology, all belong to God not man, man did not create them. no one is demonising science just scientists lol

Science is great, scientist think they are gods.

Linda Heywood

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Not demonizing science I don't see science as evil, but I do believe there is connection between science and God and some scientist can't see beyond their noses. Or, science is hindered or altered because of greed, money and politics. No science isn't evil just the people that sometimes investigate the very bases of the atom or antimatter without learning the ramifications first. Read the whole thread to get an understand how the conversation progressed. I whole heartily believe/stand behind in science but that doesn't stop me from believing in a supreme being also.

Last edited by Diana-Exotic Pets Editor; 03/18/11 11:26 AM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.