Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Elizabeth, can you call on others to help out with your mother?

My biggest stress this week was preparing the house for entertaining relatives. Now they're gone and I can get back to my computer work and celebrate my 64th birthday today. Life flies by ...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
My stress this week involves a ton of little errands. Since I hate leaving the house, I wait until everything piles up at the last second and then have to run out and do things.

I wish I could just quietly sit here, and that someone would pick up the cat food, go to the post office, deposit my checks and get my haircut. smile

Zebra
Zebra
Me, too, Jilly! Errands annoy me, so sometimes I bribe myself to get them done--could be a green tea at Starbucks or a even a mani/pedi after they're done.

I do try to group them together, though so I can get it all done in one fell swoop (which sometimes works, sometimes not.)

I even try to be all "mindful" about these things and when that fails, I crank up the radio and try really hard to pretend I'm a rock star who's doing errands just for fun. LOL--You should see me smiling and waving at the "little" people then! laugh

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My stress for this week was that my office had gotten so cluttered and dirty that I literally developed allergic reactions when I went into it. I'd feel great when I woke up - and awful after an hour or so in the office.

I finally just cleaned everything out of my office, vacuumed and steam cleaned the floor, and haven't brought anything back in yet. So the living room is a giant disaster but my office is clean!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
SWK Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
My stress is knowing I'm going to have to euthanize my cat tomorrow. He's had kidney issues for a couple of years, and Saturday, he started crashing. Although I know it's the best decision, it's still hard.

SWK
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I am so sorry SWK. i had to do that this summer to my kitten. It was terrible. I feel for your pain. Hang in there!

S
SWK Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Thanks, Jilly. I didn't realize how stressful it was going to be--or how stressful it had been while taking care of him for so long. Now that he's gone, I have to totally change my routine and my way of thinking, and it's overwhelming. Who knew long-term stress could be so utterly exhausting!?

SWK
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
SWK -

It is definitely emotionally exhausting to care for a sick pet and then to have to choose to put him or her down.

Take care of yourself in here, and give yourself time to grieve.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
This week my stress is the wellness of my family. 2 weeks of illness now. I started out with an inner ear imbalance that threw me off, literally. Then hubby came down with flu and pneumonia, oldest child bronchitis, and it's looking like I've now got bronchitis or something. The house is in shambles! Ready to get everyone healthy and my house back in shape!!

SWK, I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby. I'm a huge animal person and know how hard that decision is. So sorry!!

Shanda Lynn Markham
CANDLEMAKING
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
This week's stress has got to be getting to work in the d#&n snow.
I haven't had to dig my car out of deep snow since I left NJ 12 years ago! I keep complaining about the road crews here not doing a very good job and the natives always respond with:"We don't get enough snow here to make it worthwhile to have the equipment to do it well." Well, this is the third major snow fall this year. How much do we need to get before they learn how to clear interstates correctly? I'd like to send every MODOT employee on a field trip to NJDOT to teach them the correct way to clear an interstate.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.