Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#654188 01/05/11 11:59 PM
jem626 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I heard a statement on TV that really resonated with another experience I had years ago, and would like to get some opinions on it. I have a son who rejected me and my values several years ago, and at that time a psychic counseled me, He is the son of your body, but he has never been the son of your spirit. It was, and is, TOO true. Tonight I heard, "There are the children of your body, but there are also children of your spirit, in the people whose lives you have made an impact." Do you think one describes the other? What is a child of the spirit? Have you ever encountered someone who may have been a child of your spirit?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I get those feelings all the time, I really do.

I feel strongly we've had past lives. That's why for whatever reason you might be into fencing or have food fetishes or obsess over castles or the Victorian era.

Where family is concerned, I believe whole heartedly that you could have members split even down the middle...say you connect so deeply w/one but even though they may be your children feel daggers from another or maybe not even connect w/your own children but another child outside your biological family completely gets you but feels out of place in their own home.

Past lives!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Child of your Body, but not a Child of your Spirit
Perfect phrase describing my Mother and me!

I don't recall feeling a bond with her, other than family. An independent child, I didn't rely on her as much as my sisters. In my late teens, she commented to a friend something about me not loving her as much. Thankfully, he pointed out the misinterpretation. While we share a few personality traits, we are very different, and those differences have expanded over the years.

When my daughter was born, it tried to establish a bond I knew nothing of. But I don't think it works that way. Your child can be both of your body and spirit, or just the body.

However, I do think life experiences can be a mitigating factor. These can bring us together spiritually, or create/expand differences which separate. We went through one a few years back. My daughter had a rough time with drugs and it literally split the family. We did an intervention and the resulting isolation opened her eyes. She turned her life around and deserves the forgiveness which my parents and sisters continue to withhold.

Going through this, the Mother/Child bond has strengthened on all levels. Whatever tentative connection I had with my Mother has basically ended. She holds onto the blame, which now also includes me. It has nothing to do with not loving her. It's not that we have grown apart spiritually, we were never close. But it has everything to do with lack of respect and empathy.

Not a general disrespect for me personally, but of things done, choices made and my belief system, not Southern Baptist as I was raised. There are no efforts of understanding or tolerance. My daughter and I are basically excluded from my Mother's life. Out of consideration, we did not have a wedding anouncement in the newspaper. My daughter and her wonderful new husband live in the same city. An announcement would have resulted in questions with uncomfortable answers, as many of her friends apparently do not know we exist. She once said something like "I just don't 'get' you." I honestly can't remember her ever trying, ever really listening. That is not an immature supposition based on childhood memories. Almost 50, and she still does not listen to me.

I was diligent about "getting" my daughter. We talked, shared and learned together. Startling statements frequently popped out, and we discussed them. Of course, we don't agree on everything. She may actually be less of "my spirit" than my best friend's daughter. As Elleise says "Past Lives!" That certainly applies to my best friend of 30+ years, our daughters and husbands. I've often commented our daughters were "switched" at birth 7 years apart. We already knew how to deal with personality differences, we had worked through those as friends.

However the hardship my daughter endured, which we did our best to understand and support her through, has forged a "spiritual" level bond. She may not be "of my spirit," but she respects, loves, and tolerates my quirky spirit. When she says "Mom, you're SO weird!" it's with humor and acceptance. When my Mother has said I'm weird or the weirdest things happen to me, it was with disbelief and some exasperation. That's the difference.

Last edited by lcp012586; 01/06/11 01:14 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
jem626 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
lcp012586 -- Wow! It sounds like we've been living parallel lives. But until you wrote this, I was totally ignoring the relationship between my mom and I, and some advice my dad gave me. I've been obsessing over my "lost" son. We were adversaries from the day I was born and at one point I told her I wanted a divorce from her, that our relationship was toxic and I couldn't be around her anymore. When I had to return home after a bad marriage, pregnant and with a 2 year old son, my dad warned me that I needed to find my own home quickly as she was planning on taking my son away from me. Which she still basically did when he was 15, and he and she and my sister formed a "new" family. Many years of despair and family issues, still trying to reconcile.

jem626 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
That's very interesting, Eleise. I never thought to attribute it to past lives even though I've had visions of at least 2 of mine. I wonder how I can try to determine what my son's past live(s) may have been, without any contact with him. I'll have to pray and meditate on this. Thanks! I have had friendships that began with a mutual belief that we knew each other intimately before, and that I've also attributed to a past life. I can see the connection between this idea and a "child of the spirit".

jem626 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
FYI, how do you all manage to do such long posts? I get stopped about 1/3 of the way through as if there is a character limit. That's why I did which should have been one post as three. What am I doing wrong here?

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Jem,

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It's awkward typing longer posts, but on the right there are little arrows. If you click on the bottom one it extends the post window, but you have to keep doing that. Then you can click the preview post to see if you want to proof anything.

Your family relationship is just huge! I know you know that, but I can just feel it to the core, throat/stomach, just tense!

I'm certain much of your mother's reasoning extend even as far back with her mother and/or grandmother, the criticisms especially, but it's deeper than that...like just cutting someone off at the knees.

If you had to sum up what your son's primary issue is or mutual understanding with his grandmother in how they're acting as a sounding board w/eachother, do you have an idea what that would be?

I have an idea about the sister and mother, and it's really wierd actually...almost surreal or exagerated. It doesn't feel like a balance at all.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
jem626 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Mom has passed, and I've honestly given her a lot of forgiveness both b4 and after her passing, but one just doesn't forget. She had lots of issues -- her own family was torn apart by WWII and the three sisters grew up in different homes, which repeated a pattern her mother had experienced when her mother gave up her children to their separate fathers to raise, reclaiming them as adults and bringing them to the US. I believe she was not ready to be a mom when she had me, only 5 years later when she had my sister. My sister and I have never been "sisters", we only grew up in the same family, with lots of the mom responsibilites relegated to me at an early age. We're trying to repair that now. My son hated my husband, his stepfather, and so did my mom, so they united in their dislike. Now my sister continues to take my place in his heart, even to acting as "grandma" to the granddaughter I'm not suppsed to know about. My sister used her influence to remove my son at 15 from a pschiatric hosp where I had him staying until I could find him a rehab facility; he's never forgiven me for that, even tho is now at 32 a recovering alcoholic & drug user. He is also repeating a pattern laid down by his biol father and grandfather. Yes, the discord is huge and will probably never be fully resolved. I'm working on writing a family history saga as a way to work on my own self, about the cycles we continue in our lives. The ggrandma above is one of the folks who visit me with regularity, even tho we never met. Thank you for listening! I feel your empathy and it helps. Tell me, please, what you're sensing.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Interesting questions jem.

Personally, I think a biological child can be either a child of your body or a child of your body and spirit.

With my children (son and daughter), I see a varying difference between the two.

My son: My first born, the love of my life. I was totally thrilled to be his mommy. He is my miracle baby. Born with water on the brain but healed by a powerful touch of God working through the hands of Baptist ministers. He's grown to be highly intelligent, reserved, still questions God (higher power) but leans more toward belief rather than disbelief. He knows of the miracle of his healing but has not fully come to accept it yet. Very much like me in the physical dimension, strong willed, smart, quick witted, tidy, strong mind, resolute, well put together, etc., but he lacks the spiritual draw, does not observe paranormal experiences when they have happened right before his eyes (and mine). He's definitely a child of my human body and has graciously accepted his mother's teaching.

My daughter: My baby girl. The other love of my life. Born of my body and my soul. She is a carbon copy of me; mentally, physically and spiritually. She began having paranormal/psychic experiences around age 3. I always encouraged her, worked with her to fine tune her abilities and supported her in every way I possibly could. She was not interested in school, although she did fairly well, she was more into daydreaming, reading and meditation. Even as early as 5-6 years old, she would meditate. I remember once, finding her in her bedroom meditating. I asked her, "Do you understand what you are doing?" She said, "I am finding balance within myself. You should try it." LOL Such spiritual wisdom for such a young lady. She didn't need much help from me, she is highly evolved and very sensitive.

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Good things to think about. Look forward to your next article!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.