logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36
This is a great place for me to glean from others; TY for sharing your lists. I have learned a lot here. Especially that it seems making great strides requires breaking things down into small, do-able parts and that staying focused on the goals (not allowing energy wasting distractions )& actually "Doing" is just as important as listing things.

Last edited by AppleAnnie; 01/02/11 11:05 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
My priority is to continue what I committed to in November, 2009 until it's finished. I have rearranged my entire life to accomodate this goal, and will continue to do so. Everything else falls second. I'm grateful for the health, time, wealth (or not), family, peace and life that I have. I donate to charities, I facilitate writers' groups, I write, I love, and I do everything I can to keep my world in balance - that's my responsibility to myself and the rest of the world, and I'm willing to live up to it.

ANNE ADAMS
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I'm a bit late in joining this conversation. I've been sick and then busy with the holidays.

I'm afraid this is a bit long--but as I was typing it just flowed out. My priorities for the next five years will health, income, family, finding more time to feed my spirit, helping others, learning Czech, learning more about photography.

Health: I have severe allergies and asthma, and have a daily regime to follow to help me stay healthy. I have to mostly stay at home where the environment is controlled to avoid dust, chemicals, and more. My friends and family sometimes tease me and call me the "Bubble Girl" smile I'm OK with that as we need to have a sense of humor to help ourselves and our situations--at least it helps me. Anyway, I would like to lose some weight I've gained from living here, in the Czech Republic where heavy, fattening foods are the norm! Losing weight will also help my asthma and overall health.

Income: My husband and I rely mostly on his salary, but he is facing a reduction in salary this year (starting today) as a result of the austerity package passed by the Czech government. All state employees' salaries will be cut by 10%. I currently have almost four income streams: writing, research, proofreading, photography. I would like to further develop these to increase my income.

Family: Family is so important to me. I am caught between two continents--North America and Europe--with family responsibilities on both sides of the ocean. I'm online almost daily with my kids, my parents and even my 96 year-old grandmother! That helps so much. I would like to enhance the relationship between my husband and I. He works long hours and travels, so we need to make the most of the time we have when we are together.

Feeding my spirit: I would love to find more ways to fill my spiritual needs. Daily quiet time is hard to find, but I feel this is necessary for me. I would like to carve out time from a busy day for a daily quiet time to spend in prayer, reading and reflection.

Helping Others: Like many of you, I enjoy helping others. I'm very happy to be a new editor here--Bella has become one of the ways I am able to reach more people and possibly help them. Bella's helping me to fill this priority, but I would like to find more ways to help others. I'm just not sure how to go about finding those ways.

Learning Czech: This might sound like a strange priority, but I've been living in the Czech Republic for four years and have only minimal Czech language skills. I've learned two other languages, but find Czech to be very difficult. So, this is a priority for me as I'll be living here indefinitely. I have both Czech and English-speaking friends, but I would like to be able to talk with Czechs who don't speak English--like with my Czech family. My mother-in-law complains that I can't understand her. Well, this might actually be a saving grace! smile Anyway, I want to speak more Czech to make my living here more comfortable.

Learn more about photography: This is another priority. I've always loved to take beautiful photos, but especially feel this urge living overseas. I use the pictures I take to create items to sell online, and share photos with my family and friends back home. I'm looking to study photography (on my own as I can't afford classes) as it would help further develop one of my income streams.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi All,

Yeah, I'm a little late (a lot late) coming to post on this topic. I usually tend not to want to share publicly, so when this topic first started I just made my list and started working toward it. After 2 moves it has been lost but I did have some good results. I wrote my ebook and went from size 16 jeans to size 9. I'm still at that size, 2 years later, YAY.

So I wrote another list, in no particular order, and decided to be brave and share it:

Work from home. I want to be able to make money from my dolls and crafts. Not a fortune, just enough to be able to stay home.

Be as healthy as I can be. I'm 57, DH is 41, but disabled, so most everything falls on my shoulders and that's OK, but I need to be able to keep doing it.

Serenity. Financial security and order/ organization in my life and home.

Find local friends. This may sound dumb, but I was 45 when I left New Jersey and it has been impossible for me to make friends of my own here in Missouri. Making lasting friends has always been hard for me and with the difference in people here, well....

Have a home that belongs to us. We lost our house 3 years ago and have moved 3 times since then, we're renting a house now, which is a big step forward for us, out of MIL's place, etc. But still not the same as our own home.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Personally, my goals are to serve God, spend more time with family, help others, and be able to do the things I love in life.

For our family this means getting out of debt and make a comfortable income by doing things that my husband and I both enjoy so that he can stop working where he does NOT find joy.

One things my husband and I need to work on right now is communication. It's tough! We both have goals and wants, but as a family we need to compromise on the order in which those happen sometimes (or how to get there.)

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Every day is a new opportunity. This year I want to retrain myself to use my time to the fullest extent. I want to find the joy in every day and share it.

Georgia Seitz
TATTING
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: Dreams/Inspiration Editor
Well, I checked and my last priority list in this thread was done in 2008 :P

My priorities for 2011 are:

Be Healthy
Make healthy choices!

Nurture my Family Relationships
Date night with hubby and game night with kids - to start!

Make money through my websites {here and my personal site}.
I'd really like to be able to support my family. Then hubby could retire early to build hot rods.

Feel Peaceful

Dear Deanna -

Those are great priorities! Priorities are overall lifelong things to aim goals at, so the 'date night' goes onto your goals list. It's a goal that helps you towards your overall priority of nurturing family relationships. That way you can target your goal and achieve it!

The making money also sounds like a goal towards a priority of being financially stable. That's a great priority! So that helps to tune your priority list a bit, so you can then head on to make your long term goals and thrive!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: Connie from ADD
My priorities are to be able to spend more time with those that I love--includes my human and pet family members, plus my friends.

My health is a major priority. I do a lot better than I have in the past, but there is so much room for improvement.

I will write more and find a source of income from writing. This will allow me to do more with priorities one and two.

I will continue to find ways to help others reach their potential. Although I may be retired from a regular gig in the classroom in five years, I will never stop helping others. It's part of who I am.

Dear Connie -

Those are all great priorities to build your long term and short term goals around! The only one I might tweak is the third one. It sounds like you have a priority of being financially stable - and you'll have goals of writing more to achieve that! Does that sound right?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: Anne, Current Events
My priority is to continue what I committed to in November, 2009 until it's finished. I have rearranged my entire life to accomodate this goal, and will continue to do so. Everything else falls second. I'm grateful for the health, time, wealth (or not), family, peace and life that I have. I donate to charities, I facilitate writers' groups, I write, I love, and I do everything I can to keep my world in balance - that's my responsibility to myself and the rest of the world, and I'm willing to live up to it.

Dear Anne -

It's good to have long term and short term goals, and certainly the goals all change in their rankings! For your life-long priorities, those tend to be stable, they are your overall guiding star. So it's good to list those out and remember that they are always there!

So for example I have a priority of "Be Healthy" and I also have a priority of "Learn and Grow". It might be that in the coming weeks my short term goals are to focus on my schooling, which is fine! I always know that I have the "Be Healthy" on my overall priority list, and that I'll get back to that sometime smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: Sherry-Asthma
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I'm a bit late in joining this conversation. I've been sick and then busy with the holidays.

I'm afraid this is a bit long--but as I was typing it just flowed out. My priorities for the next five years will health, income, family, finding more time to feed my spirit, helping others, learning Czech, learning more about photography.

Health:
Income:
Family:
Feeding my spirit:
Helping Others:
Learning Czech:
Learn more about photography:

This is a great start at a priority list! Your priorities are your guiding stars - they are things that your long term and short term goals aim towards. So rather than "income", think about "financially stable". You then set goals to help you towards that, by raising your income for example.

Rather than "learning Czech" - which is a goal - I think the priority that would go with that would be "being comfortable and fluent in my new home". Learning Czech is one goal to help you reach that aim!

I'm torn on the photography one. That seems to be a goal to match your priority of being financially stable - and it also feeds your spirit. I'm not sure that's a priority on its own, it is more of a doubly beneficial goal! What do you think?

Low Carb Forum
Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.