Next Thread
Print Thread
#631928 09/24/10 01:36 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
My latest article is about The Rainbow Bridge.

Losing a beloved cat, or any pet, is always very difficult. Many have found comfort in a poem, author unknown, called The Rainbow Bridge. The first time I read this touching poem of comfort and hope, I cried. Many more tears have been shed upon subsequent reads of The Rainbow Bridge.

To read the full article, please click here.

Do you believe in the Rainbow Bridge? How do you envision your precious angel kitty/kitties there?

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I finally did it. Yesterday I buried my sweet William. I didn't want to let go of him but it had to happen eventually.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Jilly, just remember you never have to completely let him go. He will forever live in your memories. Cherish them always.

We have all our angel cats buried in our backyard (except a couple who are actually in the neighbor's yard now since they built a development behind ours...).

Oftentimes I go outside and talk to them. We also have a chalkboard in our laundry room that I've drawn a cat face in the middle of - on the top portion I have clouds and in each cloud is the name of one of our cats we've lost; on the bottom portion are the names of our current kitties. It serves as a memorial and ties our angel kitties to the crew we have now.

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is nice about your laundry room. I like laundry rooms for some reason - they feel peaceful and smell clean. So i can see thinking about kitties while you are there, folding laundry and such.

The gravesite is nice. I piled it with pretty rocks and made a prayer tree as Phyllis suggested. I like to visit the spot. I also buried some meaningful things in with my little boy.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I just read your article. I was afraid to, because i didn't want to cry again. But i went in and read it anyway and now the tears are rolling down my face.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Jill, I'm sorry for you but also glad that you finally did it. Some things just HAVE to be done, even though they are so hard to do. How much better it is to have sweet William finally at rest in a good place.
Many hugs sent your way!

((( Jilly ))) hugs

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you Claybird and Rosie. I am relieved it is done as well. I guess I had to wait until I could really let go of keeping him whole. I am not sure what I thought that would do - it's not like you can insert the soul back into the body.

Now he can decompose and join back into the elements of life.

Parakeet
Parakeet
We our little girl, PJ, passed over the "Bridge", Aug 7th this year..She was a 11 yr old Boston Terrier and was my very best friend..She had a brain tumor and she had a stroke a few days before she passed. I noticed her face was drooping on the right side and she was loosing her vision and became paralized in her legs..All I could do was hold her and speak softly to reassure her I was there..In the end she had awful seizures..We sat together all day until the end..She crossed over quietly..She's waiting by the bridge for her family..My pain is so huge..So Sad..I understand your pain and grief..God Bless You..Many Hugs to you..
We had her creamated..I just couldn't bury her..(sigh)!!

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.