Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Sedona is a little far for the kind of thing i am looking for, but i have been searching the meetup groups available and found a few activities i will try to participate in.

I can't find a hiking group for Camp Verde or Cottonwood, which is too bad. I may have to start one. Verde Valley Hiking Club, or something.

On Amazon, sometimes it moves very swiftly. I am still waiting for the time it gets really hard to move ahead. For example, this was just a week or two ago:

"Amazon is progressing - New is 1528 and Classic is 8700. "

And now it's already at 1508 New and 8525 Classic. I will be pleased to see the New rank under 1000 eventually.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Update on Amazon: new rank 1471, Classic 8,380. It really is fun to watch the changes. Once i get under 1000 in the new rank, do i get something that says Top 1000 reviewer?

Still working on finding people to hike with. I might be going on a hike with my vet tomorrow after the RunPee stuff. I can hope!

I also found a monthly Asperger's group in Prescott - i hope to attend that soon.

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
Unfortunately, our weather is not conducive to hiking. We probably got six to eight inches of rain yesterday. Yuck!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Very cool about your Amazon ranking! I just checked - I'm like 8,345 - but I only have 55 reviews up.

I'm in the Vine program - and recently received some Scotch Tape to review. YAY! I needed tape, and kept forgetting to buy it at the store LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today - classic rank - 8,230, new rank - 1,466, even though my newest review has 0 of 2 helpful votes. It's because I wrote a scathing review of the lastest Anne Rice book. So I guess i made 2 people mad.
Anne Rice book I panned.

i think it's a fair review. I mentioned the good points and it's of course my opinion anyway.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Well! I found it very helpful and I voted so! HA HA!!!

I used to be SOOOO in to Anne Rice - I can't quite remember where she lost me.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
There will always be people who disagree with your reviews and you have to let them just vote against you. You could write the best review ever in terms of objectivity and they will still grumpily vote "no". In the long run those get vastly outweighed by the people who vote properly smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL, the review now has 5 of 9 helpful votes. And I seem to be lucky - looking at the other low rating reviews, it appears the Ann Fans are striking back: some people have 0 of 6 votes for a nicely done, helpful type review.

I am also getting negs for a review on someone's first novel that I actually liked and gave four stars to! I use some pretty critical language describing the final act though - maybe I need to learn to be nicer. It's on this page, a zombie story: Dust

I think people are used to using the Facebook LIKE buttons. These are for reviews that are supposed to be helpful in deciding whether to buy the book in question. Not whether you agree with the review. Whatever. Not worth stressing over.

Today's rankings: New 1,483, Classic 8,005. So that is simultaneously both higher and lower than before. Strange.

I posted a new review today and will hopefully get out a couple more before I head to Seattle. I am looking forward to getting that Top 1000 Reviewer label eventually!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
In other news, I am getting a lot more hiking in. Not as much as I want, but a far far cry more than i was before. I now have a couple that I can go camping and quading with, and of course my Flagstaff friend who meets me in Sedona for hikes on a regular basis. I also am able to get in solo hikes on my RunPee movie days, also in Sedona.

I also have a few hiking and paddling meetup groups that I can join. So far I have not done that yet - it's scary going to meet a new group of people all alone. It takes a while to feel a part of a group.

And best of all i have found a book that actually describes little known hikes in my own area! This is a big deal - there are always the hikes you hear about over and over, but there are so many more that don't get talked about. I am always thrilled to find new trails near me.

This book encouraged me to buy some topo maps and forest service maps of my area, finally. YAY!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly that is *AWESOME* news! Look at how well you are settling in! All your dreams are coming true!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.