BellaOnline
Posted By: Jilly Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 04:28 AM
I was just looking back at my original one and five year goals. This was the first set of one year goals I wrote 6/22/08 -

1. Have begun art portfolio
2. Both our credit scores are good
3. All my stuff from Arizona is here
4. I have one or two ebooks up in Cosmetics
5. JillFlorio.com is up to date with all old articles and current ones and back online
6. Cosmetics site is preloaded through end of the year
7. Crestline Living is up to date and number one google result for crestline
8. Break 500,000 in Amazon reviewer rank
9. Earning $1000 a month from my various projects
10. go camping with dan or alone at least every three weeks
11. Will have an accountant/tax person and all business/taxes will be well in hand and no longer a source of confusion and stress
12. Up to intermediate level yoga poses
13. Office will be organized
14. Kitchen/utility room will be organized
15. Will have new flooring, ceiling fan and wall paint done
16. Will have tried all local yoga classes and reviewed them for HG
17. Will no longer find getting packages to me as a nightmare
18. Will have several control journals created and in use, including emergency plan journal
19. Weight down to 120 to stay there, with under 20% fat levels
20. Um, many more, will be adding to this list

I figured I'd make a clean thread to track what i have and have not been doing. This should be fun... smile

1. Not actually done a thing yet, not even a goal right now
2. we tried hard and then gave up. It's not worth it.
3. I still have a storage shed in CA. Dan and I plan to get it all out here after the holidays. So this is actually a one year goal I can list for this year.
4. this one isn't even important right now, priority-wise.
5. This has gotten closer, but then I stalled out. I just have so many articles still to track down, copy, and paste and futz with. I will revisit this idea when i have more important things under control.
6. Not a priority right now.
7. Another low priority blog for now. I will sell this site at some point.
8. This one is a YAY!!!! Has gone much better than my expectations, in two years - my new rank is 1528 and my classic rank is 8700. Both are fantastically better than my previous GOAL of breaking 500,000! I must have been at 750,000 when i wrote that. My new Amazon rank goals for one year are: new rank - under 1000, and classic rank - under 5,000.
9. YES to this one! I am over my goal of earning $1000 a month! My next goal for one year's time is over $2,000.
10. The camping has been off and on. I have to think more about my goals for this.
11. We actually fixed all our back taxes through to 08. But now I am behind again. I don't hae a goal yet - this is too hard to think about right now.
12. YAY! Am well into intermediate yoga poses. I am happy to make a one year goal to get handstand under control and to be able to do Crow. Crow, i WILL get you!
13. my office is fine.
14. N/A
15/ N/A
16. N/A
17. YAY - i have the mail under control!!!
18. Will have to think about this one later
19. This goes up and down. Right now I am at 144 pounds. Must think about this goal for going forward.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 05:01 AM
Jilly, this is so cool!!! You have goals you accomplished in two years!

Double kudos for that intermediate yoga AND clearing $1,000 a month. I need to add that to my list!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 05:20 AM
Thank you, Deanna! You are so sweet. smile

Okay I just found some previous but further updates. This one is from march of 2010:

"OK, i am going to start from scratch and not EVEN look at my previous one year goals. I am going to be very simple here:

- Earn $1500 a month from my misc projects
- make time most days to do something nice for me (like hiking or yoga or a bath, or reading in the sun, or being creative)
- Make sure that most days I have had protein, fiber, veggies, fruit and complex carbs, take my vitamins and hydrate well
-get 15 minutes of movement in most days
- Get new Amazon rank to within the 1000s (it's now 1,596) and old rank to under 10,000 (it's 11,268)
- figure some way to come to terms with my anxiety and depression, even while living on the road in my motorhome. There must be a way to get help and I intend to find it"

Okay, the updates from march:

1. I am at $1500 and sometimes a little more - YAY!
2. Doing something nice for me. This has slipped a bit, but I am now walking five days a week and trying to add little bits of yoga to my life each day. Even if it's really simple short things. I need to reassess this goal.
3. Was doing ok with the nutrition - and then got too busy to care. I am documenting how I am getting back on track on other threads.
4. The movement is coming along. my goal is five days a week.
5. Amazon is progressing - New is 1528 and Classic is 8700.
6. I am actively working with my doctor on possibly adjusting or changing my meds for this. Maybe a mood stabilizer instead of antidepressant, or a lower dose of what i have. As far as counseling, at least i have a plan.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 05:26 AM
And here is the last one year goals I had written, this one from 8/29/10, so pretty recently:

"- I will have made great soil over the winter and by a year i will have a wonderful thriving garden of heirloom vegetables. Either that or I will be spending the really hot months traveling in the RV in the mountains somewhere - this has been a very hard summer - trapped in the RV bc it's too hot to be outside.

- The cottage in the back will be habitable and also the guest room in the house.

- I'll have my meds situation figured out.

- I will have a system down for staying on top of work.

- I will have figured out how to incorporate outdoor activities, yoga and fitness into my daily life

- I will be eating actual food, instead of tortillas with butter for every meal"

1. While the soil is coming along, I decided to leave here for the summer of 2011 and RV along the mts or coasts. I am exploring ideas in the RV forum.
2. Talking about the cottage in the Home Improvement Forum.
3. discussing meds in the mental health forum.
4. discussing work in the SOHO forum
5. monitoring fitness in the walking forum and the yoga one
6. lisa is helping me with food in the low carb forum

Okay, i think that is all my previous goal setting for "One Year" all rounded up. This will give me something to think about. I do think some of these can be re-envisioned and made more specific for one year spans of time.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 06:16 AM
Just to get everything in one place, i have two sets of five year goals. I am too tired to talk about where I am at with them tonite, but will post them here and look at this later -

From 6/22/08 - Five year goals:
"o add more creativity and financial stability - create an income from artwork. Have large art portfolio. Google will rank my various writing areas of interest in the top results.

Financial stability - will be earning $2000+ a month on my various projects. All debts (sans student loans) will be paid. PolyGeek will have sold a few applications by this time.

To move forward on projects - break 100,000 on amazon reviewer rank. Have a handful of nicely-selling ebooks on bella and my blogs.

To be stable - still living in crestline. Maybe own a house or build a house on our land by then.

Health and fitness - Will have had the courage to have a blood test or other needed tests by then.

Serenity - Up to advanced yoga poses and able to actually meditate for a reasonable period of time. Anxious days are a thing of rarity.

Adventure - see one year goals."

And more recently - 2/3/10 - Five Year Goals:

"By five years I fully intend to have my off the grid green home, hopefully a treehouse type deal, with an organic garden, grey water system, compost, a near-zero trash footprint, the home made of largely salvaged materials, etc. Some chickens, goats, geese.

I will have been maintaining my healthy weight levels, be doing advanced yoga and supporting myself financially in my chosen area of earnings. I will have a creative hobby that might also be a sideline.

I will have close friendships in proximity to where i live, and a group of people who like to meet once a week for fun.

I will be planning many hiking and boating trips every month.

I will have this as a home base and will have set down stable roots.

I will be able to donate time to animal charities.

And a big one - I will have a diagnosis for my mental situation and will be getting therapy that is helpful and uplifting."
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 06:41 AM
Ok, lastly for tonite on this topic, here are the priorities i worked out for myself in 2008. They are still pretty awesome, whihc makes me feel good:

"1. be peaceful,
serene, calmer.

2. be mentally and physically healthy

3. have creativity and art in my life

4. have humor,
fun and adventure

5. my debt will be under control and our savings will be comfortably set for our future...ie - financial stability

6. i will have successfully moved forward on my
projects

7. My life will be stable"
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 01:38 PM
Jilly, this is amazing! It's awesome that you have your goals for five years too. I tend to get bored with those - and not put any effort in because they are so far off. But, I know that's a REALLY bad idea!!! I should have a five year plan, along with my one year plan and 3-6 month plan.

It would be nice to be at my goals in five years, rather than just starting them up (again) lol!

Awesome list! And you've inspired me to get my booty around to the different forums to get myself going too (yes, spend more time in low carb and exercise LOL!)
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/11/10 03:13 AM
Thanks Deanna. I am working on my thoughts for these. First I need to look at my one year goals and see if they are in the right direction for my priorities. And adjust as needed. Then I will move to my five year goals, which are the hard ones for me - five years is so far out in my mind. So then i will examine if the five year goals are in line with the priorities!

And then I will return to the one year goals and create some short term goals from those, then lay out steps.

it sounds like a lot of work, but this is my LIFE i am looking into here. I want it to be happy.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/11/10 10:54 PM
Yikes. The five year goals I set out for myself previously look wildly unobtainable for the most part. frown

And some are just not important to me anymore.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/12/10 12:18 AM
Deanna definitely you should NOT put any effort into five year goals, exactly because they ARE too far out!! It is too much for a person to worry about. Instead, the five year goals ONLY exist to help you plan one year goals. They are solely a planning tool. So think of your five year goals as your future dream state. Then, when you work on the one year goals, you are now working on things you can actually contemplate making progress towards.

Jilly - you've already REACHED some of your five year goals!! You are doing amazingly well! Sure some you might want to rethink, and that's fine! That's the purpose of long term goals, to help give you direction and it's fine to reevaluate that!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/12/10 01:00 AM
Well, the only five year goals i passed are the amazon one (a minor thing) and the living in one place one (a big one). And I do donate some time to animal charities. Everything else is a no-show.

That is okay though - i need to rework these.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/13/10 07:34 AM
Jilly -

These goals are five year goals and it's only been two years smile You shouldn't be disappointed about not reaching more than 2 of them! smile You should be thrilled that you hit two of them already!!

It is definitely fine to rework the rest to fit in with your new wonderful life - that's what long term goals are there for! Celebrate your victories, and retune your life!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/13/10 03:52 PM
And Jilly, I've seen through your various threads how you ARE working toward those five year goals!

You seem to be really focused, and you are inspiring other people around you to get inspired and focused on their goals too!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/15/10 06:08 AM
Thank you for saying so, deanna. I really want to make my life happy and fun and peaceful. I know i have a long way to go, but keeping accountable this way is helping.

Lisa, true, the living in one place one is HUGE for me. So that is very much worth celebrating.

The Amazon thing is so minor it's not really worth mentioning, but since it's very quantifiable I like to use it. It makes me feel good to see such easy cause and effect. I post reviews, the rank gets better. If only everything in life were so simple to see rewards from!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/15/10 06:10 AM
I have been donating time to animal charities and have also been donating a TON of time to helping my town thrive, using my skill set, so I feel good in the charity aspect.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/15/10 06:15 AM
Close friendships with people who are proximal to me is still important. I am still very much alone most of the time. I have friends but no CLOSE friends - no buddies to pal around with. Everyone has families that are their first concern.

Makes me miss what I had in my teen years and in college - people who were playmates.

I am not sure how to fix this except to allow for time to pass. Close friends don't just happen. Even if i started a club or something it would take time for closeness.

I do have an idea for a club of women business owners and even a list of people i want to invite. But this is not as important right now as other things I am working on.

I guess i can feel safe to say i would like to have close friends who i meet with weekly within five years?
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/15/10 06:18 AM
As far as the hiking, camping and outdoor adventure goals, I need to plan this a whole lot better. Again, I need playmates. I don't mind hiking alone, but i like to have company driving to trailheads. I like to plan things with people so that they actually happen.

So i do need some ideas on this part. This isn't exactly a hiking sort of town. the hiking towns of flagstaff and sedona are a bit of a drive and so are not really spur of the moment places.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/15/10 02:54 PM
The amazon ranking thing is sooooo cool! I don't remember where I started out - 8 million maybe LOL!! I should go back and check - it was cool when they changed the way they count reviews - my ranking shot up!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/15/10 02:58 PM
We have some local meet-ups that have done pretty well.

I met my two best girlfriends in my homeschooling group.

I met two of my best metaphysical friends through a metaphysical meet-up.

I think the meet-up groups do work pretty good, you just have to be regular about attending.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/17/10 01:05 AM
Yes definitely friends take time to build so that is a wonderful long term plan, and it is OK that it will take a little while to happen. I think they will build naturally as you go about your other activities, interacting with people in town. Especially with the fantastic social networking sites you run!

For hiking, many areas have an "outdoors club" type of organization that helps members with those types of match-ups. I would have to guess there are some in the larger towns near you.

So for example I just google searched for Sedona Hiking Group and found this -

Sedona Hiking Group

Join up with the group and see if there's a hike you could join in on!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/17/10 04:38 AM
Sedona is a little far for the kind of thing i am looking for, but i have been searching the meetup groups available and found a few activities i will try to participate in.

I can't find a hiking group for Camp Verde or Cottonwood, which is too bad. I may have to start one. Verde Valley Hiking Club, or something.

On Amazon, sometimes it moves very swiftly. I am still waiting for the time it gets really hard to move ahead. For example, this was just a week or two ago:

"Amazon is progressing - New is 1528 and Classic is 8700. "

And now it's already at 1508 New and 8525 Classic. I will be pleased to see the New rank under 1000 eventually.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/24/10 04:53 AM
Update on Amazon: new rank 1471, Classic 8,380. It really is fun to watch the changes. Once i get under 1000 in the new rank, do i get something that says Top 1000 reviewer?

Still working on finding people to hike with. I might be going on a hike with my vet tomorrow after the RunPee stuff. I can hope!

I also found a monthly Asperger's group in Prescott - i hope to attend that soon.
Posted By: RebeccaG Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/24/10 01:44 PM
Unfortunately, our weather is not conducive to hiking. We probably got six to eight inches of rain yesterday. Yuck!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/24/10 10:36 PM
Very cool about your Amazon ranking! I just checked - I'm like 8,345 - but I only have 55 reviews up.

I'm in the Vine program - and recently received some Scotch Tape to review. YAY! I needed tape, and kept forgetting to buy it at the store LOL!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/30/10 11:20 PM
Today - classic rank - 8,230, new rank - 1,466, even though my newest review has 0 of 2 helpful votes. It's because I wrote a scathing review of the lastest Anne Rice book. So I guess i made 2 people mad.
Anne Rice book I panned.

i think it's a fair review. I mentioned the good points and it's of course my opinion anyway.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 10/01/10 01:22 AM
Well! I found it very helpful and I voted so! HA HA!!!

I used to be SOOOO in to Anne Rice - I can't quite remember where she lost me.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 10/01/10 07:07 AM
There will always be people who disagree with your reviews and you have to let them just vote against you. You could write the best review ever in terms of objectivity and they will still grumpily vote "no". In the long run those get vastly outweighed by the people who vote properly smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 11/05/10 05:21 AM
LOL, the review now has 5 of 9 helpful votes. And I seem to be lucky - looking at the other low rating reviews, it appears the Ann Fans are striking back: some people have 0 of 6 votes for a nicely done, helpful type review.

I am also getting negs for a review on someone's first novel that I actually liked and gave four stars to! I use some pretty critical language describing the final act though - maybe I need to learn to be nicer. It's on this page, a zombie story: Dust

I think people are used to using the Facebook LIKE buttons. These are for reviews that are supposed to be helpful in deciding whether to buy the book in question. Not whether you agree with the review. Whatever. Not worth stressing over.

Today's rankings: New 1,483, Classic 8,005. So that is simultaneously both higher and lower than before. Strange.

I posted a new review today and will hopefully get out a couple more before I head to Seattle. I am looking forward to getting that Top 1000 Reviewer label eventually!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 11/05/10 05:28 AM
In other news, I am getting a lot more hiking in. Not as much as I want, but a far far cry more than i was before. I now have a couple that I can go camping and quading with, and of course my Flagstaff friend who meets me in Sedona for hikes on a regular basis. I also am able to get in solo hikes on my RunPee movie days, also in Sedona.

I also have a few hiking and paddling meetup groups that I can join. So far I have not done that yet - it's scary going to meet a new group of people all alone. It takes a while to feel a part of a group.

And best of all i have found a book that actually describes little known hikes in my own area! This is a big deal - there are always the hikes you hear about over and over, but there are so many more that don't get talked about. I am always thrilled to find new trails near me.

This book encouraged me to buy some topo maps and forest service maps of my area, finally. YAY!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 11/07/10 02:01 AM
Jilly that is *AWESOME* news! Look at how well you are settling in! All your dreams are coming true!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 12/14/10 03:50 AM
Amazon goals:
New Reviewer Rank: 1,596
Classic Reviewer Rank: 7,946

they keep going up and down...weird...

Also, I wanted to mention this goal:

"I do have an idea for a club of women business owners and even a list of people i want to invite. But this is not as important right now as other things I am working on. "

I made it happen and it blew up right in my face. It was the single worst decision i made out here in this town, and the fallout cost me dearly.

Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 12/28/10 03:14 AM
So for 2011, revisiting:

These are the five year goals I wrote on 2/3/10 - Five Year Goals:

"By five years I fully intend to have my off the grid green home, hopefully a treehouse type deal, with an organic garden, grey water system, compost, a near-zero trash footprint, the home made of largely salvaged materials, etc. Some chickens, goats, geese.

I will have been maintaining my healthy weight levels, be doing advanced yoga and supporting myself financially in my chosen area of earnings. I will have a creative hobby that might also be a sideline.

I will have close friendships in proximity to where i live, and a group of people who like to meet once a week for fun.

I will be planning many hiking and boating trips every month.

I will have this as a home base and will have set down stable roots.

I will be able to donate time to animal charities.

And a big one - I will have a diagnosis for my mental situation and will be getting therapy that is helpful and uplifting."

--------------------------------------

I am going to have to change all this. I don't see most of these happening - there is going to be a lot of change coming along and I don't know if I will be living here or in Oklahoma or New Mexico (of all places). I also have an option in San Diego and one in NY.

Also some of these things don't seem important anymore.

I need to go SUPER SIMPLE and make my goals things that I can do no matter where I am or what I am doing. And I am going to be specific quantitatively.

Thus:

- I will be supporting myself financially and have money in savings
- I will make time at least four days a week for fitness or outdoor fun
- I will be mentally/emotionally stable at least five days a week (and will have a variety of working techniques to help me at those other times). I will also have therapy.
- I will have a circle of friends or family living near me
- I will make time for creative activities at least twice a week
- my weight will stay between 125-135
- I will be able to do Crow Pose

heehee, I had to toss that last one in there. I will find my balance! Maybe I should try Crow each night before bed. One of these days i will get it.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 12/28/10 05:03 AM
To update my one year goals...I am not even going to look at the last time i tackled this. I will start fresh and be more realistic and specific.

By next Christmas, these are my goals:
- I will have therapy, stable meds and an official diagnosis
- I will have a stable combination of income sources that support me and are not stressful to do
- I will have at least one person living near me to do fun things with
- I will be creative at least once a week
- I will meditate at least once a week
- I will walk/hike at least once a week
- I will have the RV completely organized
- I will have at least one stream of recurring income
- I will have a mammogram
- I will be a top 1000 reviewer at Amazon
- I will have gotten my dog's teeth taken care of
- I will have figured out my taxes
- I will do small bits of yoga throughout the day, each day
- everything will be out of storage, permanently
- I will do several paddling trips this year
- I will do at least one backpacking trip this year

Okay, this is a good start.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 01/18/11 07:16 AM
An update - things are moving along well. I now have added lots of small time outs into my day for yoga and am really enjoying that.

I am not taking the time out to meditate, but since the yoga is going so well i will focus on making that a habit first. Then I can work on adding in meditation.

I am also getting out and walking almost every day, and that feels really good.

I was talking with Lisa about getting a mammogram. We mentioned seeing if getting an ultrasound mammogram might be a good first step to easing my fears. So I need to remember to make some calls on this. I just made a note on my calendar to check into this.

I decided that all i need for socializing is a once a week SOMETHING with a live person. I sent out a bunch of calls, texts and emails to people who are within two hours of driving and working with my calendar to make a once a week plan. This is such a simple solution and I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. If I can schedule just one thing a week with a friend, it really is all I need. It's far easier to work on than the nebulous, "make local friends."

I am actively working on the issue with my dog's teeth, calling various animal helping funds and contemplating what I can sell to make a pet health care fund for this year.

The taxes thing is creeping along. Yes, slowly, but it IS happening, finally, and I feel good about that. The solution for me was finding the right kind of pocket notebook to put receipts in for each month. I stumbled into that one! smile

The meds situation seems to be great for now. I have one niggling issue with one of my meds, but will leave that alone for now. I also have the start of a diagnosis. I'd like it to be more specific, but it's great to have that much. Next I need to make sure I can find some free or affordable therapy.

The stable income source situation is decent. I realize things can change, but for now I seem to be pretty stable in my frugal lifestyle with the income i have coming in. I like the things I am working on. I like feeling helpful.

The storage thing has a plan! And a deadline! So that will take care of itself in a few more months. That will feel AWESOME. I hate paying storage fees for stuff I am not even using. And I have plenty of room for everything right here, once I get that stuff moved. Also, I will have one less large bill each month - an added bonus!

The RV is getting organized. I was on a roll for awhile, but then stalled out. I hope at some point I get that groove back in. My bedroom and bathroom stuff, and misc papers, have migrated onto every flat surface.

I am still thinking about the recurring income stream thing. It might not happen this year. I would like to have something done about it though - even if just one short ebook posted.

I am falling behind with posting on Amazon right now while I sort the rest of this out, but i really don't even know why i care about amazon. It's not an income source or anything. So allowing that one to fall back while I get other things in place is only a smart call.

I am not going to work on the adding creativity thing right now either, since I do not want to spread my energies too thin while working on my goals. I will let other things settle into habit first.

As for the backpacking and paddling, i am not actively working on those right now. I am simply glad I am getting out there hiking, for starters.

So that is my brain dump for right now. I think I covered everything listed in the post above this one (my one year goals). I am feeling decent about the goals I listed, although I am starting to question if some of them might be removed from the list for this year.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 01/20/11 10:07 PM
It sounds like you are making amazing progress, Jilly! Well done!

I agree not to worry about things like meditation or backpacking or such for now. You're already tackling quite a lot and stabilizing those routines. Celebrate your victories smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 01/27/11 08:30 AM
Thank you, Lisa. I feel pretty good about myself mostly, right now.

Okay, winnowing out the fluff after removing some One Year Goals - so here is the updated version ~

- I will have a stable combination of income sources that support me and are not stressful to do
- I will have a social activity with a live person once a week or every other week
- I will have the RV completely organized
- I will have at least one stream of recurring income
- I will do small bits of yoga or meditation throughout the day, each day, and work on my inversions
- everything will be out of storage, permanently

I don't think any of these are unobtainable, as a group of goals. Certainly I can add to this, but i think it's best to focus on things I can feel positive about getting done.

I don't have anything in there for my priority of creativity and I can't think of anything I really need to do just to make something fit. I'd like to paint but i don't think it's the right time yet to add that to my life. And I do enjoy photography - and take lots of photos on my phone when I hike - but I don't feel inspired to move it beyond that. I like making vision boards.

Maybe my year's goal of creating a recurring income stream can be my creative endeavor?

Or is perhaps creativity NOT the priority i think it is?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 02/20/11 09:14 PM
Dear Jill -

I think creativity can be hard to think about when you're stressed by things - you can't "force" yourself to be creative. I would be gentle with yourself. When you are ready, you will crave doing creative things. Leave space in your life for it so when that craving comes you can enjoy it.

Your goals look great!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/10/11 07:40 AM
Thank you!

At this point, I feel like these are well in hand -

- I will have a social activity with a live person once a week or every other week

And I am actively working on the recurring income stream thing.

Storage will be a done deal i think in May.

These have fallen by the wayside at this time-
- organizing the RV
- I will do small bits of yoga or meditation throughout the day, each day, and work on my inversions

Of all of these, I think it would be best to make sure I can get in the yoga and meditation. I can't work on the RV while here in CA, and the other things are too hard to focus on in the middle of the life chaos that has come up right now.

I'm not worried about these things, but it is good to be aware of them and revisit my goals. One quarter of the year has gone by! smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/20/11 02:22 AM
One thing i have been actively doing is working on getting off the grid more. This is a lifelong dream for me, so if other things get pushed aside for a while, i really can't complain. smile

I have never really been in a position before where I could work on making this happen.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/20/11 02:41 AM
Hey Jilly,

So what does getting off the grid mean? I guess I imagine being un-findable??
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/20/11 10:39 PM
Oh, no, lol. It means getting all one's utilities off the city, or "grid". So self sufficient electric, mainly.
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/20/11 11:25 PM
OMG, I've just read this as "Jilly's Goat Threat." The images that came to mind! Gosh, what can I say?! It's definitely time to go to bed.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 08/11/11 08:11 AM
Mona, that is awesomely funny! heheheh

And i'd love a goat...
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 08/11/11 01:21 PM
LOL... You ladies are reading my mind. Goats and chickens!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 08/14/11 08:27 PM
Last night i just dreamt i had a goat made of cake. Weird. smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/06/12 09:38 PM
my big goal right now is not having a complete meltdown into depression after dan leaves.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/07/12 02:57 AM
If you run into trouble, Jilly, please PM me. I have been there, remember? I am happy to help you in any way I can.

You will be ok. Keep telling yourself that. You will have good moments and bad moments, good days and bad days. Accept that and know that it is normal and part of your healing process. Try not to stay in the world of hurt too long. Get out, take a walk, breathe in the fresh air and connect with nature. It does help, and I know you like the outdoors. Keep busy the best you can.

I am here if you need me.

Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/17/12 06:10 AM
Thank you, Debbie. I might take you up on that PM offer.

Hey, there is a pretty little birthday cake by my name today!
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 04/17/12 07:11 PM
Yes there is, birthday girl! Have a great day, Jilly smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 08/03/12 03:35 AM
Revisiting my five year goals:

Quote:
I will have therapy, stable meds and an official diagnosis
- amazon reviewer score in the top 1000

And I am actively working on the recurring income stream thing.

Storage will be a done deal i think in May.

These have fallen by the wayside at this time-
- organizing the RV

My five year update:

1. One of my goals kicked around a lot was to break the top 1000 on amazon reviews. I am at 1056 today - i expect to have licked this goal in a few weeks. smile
2. Income-wise, i am working on being awarded social security income. I am into the eighth month of this process so far. That will be the stable income I was hoping for, once that clears through. It might take years to get, though.
3. The dog's teeth have been taken care of - I had to give the dog to my parents to care for, and they got his teeth pulled. He is doing well now and I am very glad.
4. The taxes are still an issue.
5. I got the mammogram last fall. I did faint and end up in the ER, but alls well as ends well.
6. I have the therapy, diagnosis and stable meds I needed.
7. I actually have people to do social things with - yay!
8. The RV is almost organized. My plan is to have it totally cleaned out by this winter, and ready to sell.
9. No more storage sheds!!! YAY!
10. Walking, hiking, meditation and yoga have been an issue. I need to set new goals for those to set myself up for success.

Looking back, it is very interesting to see what things happened and what didn't. Altogether I did really well - much better than I anticipated.

This would be a good time to re-set my next five year goals.
Posted By: Carleen-Hispanic Culture Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 08/16/12 02:18 PM
Hi Jilly,
I've been out of town and missed reading your postings on the forums.

Congrats on getting the mammogram!! So unpleasant, but so important.

Wishing you all the best as you work towards your goals.
carleen
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 08/18/12 12:14 AM
Thank you so much, Carleen. It is so nice to have encouragement. smile

I posted my new five year goals in the Five Year Goal thread in this forum. I'd love to see you add yours!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 09/08/12 03:45 AM
You have done fantastically well Jilly smile Kudos to you for your progress! You are a shining example that perseverance does work smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 01/11/13 03:00 AM
Thank you, Lisa. I've been in and out of the depression hole with dan having left. I did realize lately that I need to set up some extrinsic rewards in my life for achieving goals, and I will be working on that/thinking about that next. It makes me feel better to think about it. I seem to respond well to making a 'game' out of things.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Jilly's Goal Thread - 01/28/13 08:19 PM
Dear Jilly -

It is perfectly normal to be upset when a relationship ends, and you deserve kudos for working through that slowly but surely. It will take time. That's OK.

It's also great that you are learning what helps motivate you, and finding ways to take advantage of that!
© BellaOnline Forums