Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 36 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I really like your idea of starting with priorities.

Priorities

1. My family is my first priority. It is by far the most important thing to me. I want to help my daughter as she is preparing for school and just be a good mother in general. I want to take my daughter places and introduce her to new activities, ideas, and more. And I want to maintain a great relationship with my husband and spend time with him.

Other priorities are in no particular order

2. Fixing up my home and making it a nice place to be. Some thing of this is possible but difficult because I have a 4-year-old with me all of the time. But, I am doing what I can, when I can. Some of the things I want to do, I cannot afford right now. But eventually, I hope to do many things to make our place much nicer.

3. To further with my career. I would really love to pursue writing or something related to it (for pay).

4. Maintain relationships with close friends who live very far away.

5. Make close friends in the area we live now. I do have some friends, but it has been difficult for me to form close friendships. One reason is that I live in a very homogeneous area and my beliefs are very different from most people around me.

SUSAN D. BATES
COLLEGES

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Those are great priorities Susan, and all are nice and concrete so we can then create goals that head you in those directions!

The next step is to head on over to the goals thread, and think about long term goals which move you towards all of your priorities!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Work (pays the bills, gives benefits that I cannot get on my own and I am a diabetic)

Jewelry business/handmade and manufactured

Writing

ps...I am living for the animals and will be tithing 10% of my income to animal charities, both local and national.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Robin - it sounds like health should be in there too, it's that health is your priority and work is a way you reach that priority!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I know i need to head over to the One Year and Five Year Goals threads, but am balking at trying to figure out any goals that are further away than a week or two. Everything always changes so drastically in my life that I now have a fear of trying to work out anything long term.

I will work up my courage to try again. Hopefully soonish. I am hopeful for once that i will be stable enough in my living situation to try once more.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Long term does not mean permanent smile It doesn't mean have-to-be-done. It just means you have a direction you'd like your life to head in, just like you have priorities! You are able to contemplate priorities to guide your life by - think of the 5 year goals in the same way. They are - for now - what you'd like to guide your life by.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was looking over my priorities today and I really do feel like I'm making progress in each area! It makes me quite happy. I think I have finally gotten my priorities straight smile I need to carve a little more time for the "finding serenity" one - that one is the one that tends to get abandoned a bit!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Lisa Low Carb Ed
� I need to carve a little more time for the "finding serenity" one - that one is the one that tends to get abandoned a bit!
Lisa, you can actually �find serenity� in a split second by designating a specific image to take you to that �place�. This could be a bud opening into a flower, a bowl of piping hot low carb stew, or whatever. By totally focusing on your chosen image for even just a few seconds, you can have instantaneous serenity in the middle of any chaos! (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Joy -

That is a wonderful reminder. Sometimes we put off things because we think huge, and then we never do anything. Sometimes it's better to at least take small steps, because those small steps add up.

I do try to journal every evening before i fall asleep, and those moments of journaling now include me lighting a candle on either side of me and feeling grateful for what I had during the day. So those are serene moments for me. I will appreciate those even more, now that I realize they are part of what I've been hoping for as a priority in life!

For everyone reading the thread, remember that once you create your priorities in life, the next step is to set up your five year goals based on them!

Setting Up Five Year Goals

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I still am pretty happy with my priorities list. Joy became Joy/Fun. Fun for me is having my little adventures, which makes me joyful.

Now that I moved my office into my actual house, I needed to rework my priorities list in here somehow rather than just on a Post It in the RV. I wrote them on the wall, which is fine, because the paint in here is terrible and will need remodeling anyway. Later.

LOL. It's like i am drawing a vision board on my wall! Why didn't i think of that before? We all instinctively drew on the walls as children. So as grownups it should be okay to draw on our own spaces. smile

So i need to just look over at my wall now and ask myself what i am doing to further my priorities.

Page 17 of 36 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.