Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 36 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Well, as I was saying I can't find my gut/heart (i see them as the same thing) anymore. So it's a lot deeper than listening to it. I have no idea where it is. frown

Last edited by Jilly; 07/20/10 09:46 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Well, as I was saying I can't find my gut/heart (i see them as the same thing) anymore. So it's a lot deeper than listening to it. I have no idea where it is. frown
Hi Jilly, here is a way to find your �gut feeling�. Suppose a large dog had slipped at a river bank and had fallen into the water. You could see it struggling against the current to no avail. The immediate feeling you get is a �wave� that moves across your entire body in a split second but then concentrates around your gut area. It is in essence a sensation of knowing what is right to do. This is your 'gut feeling'.

But then other things kick in:

* Your heart might say �Go over to its owner and offer some practical advice.�
* Your head might say �I would help it but it�s a very large dog and I would never be able to drag it to safety.�
* Your body might experience the �fright and flight� response or you may just freeze with the shock of it all.

Hope that helps a little...(JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
i actually do really well in emergency situations. I click over into this experienced, decisive, authoritative person who saves the dog with ease.

my problems are - as always - with the small things that have no real empathetic, ethical or emotive value.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
i actually do really well in emergency situations. I click over into this experienced, decisive, authoritative person who saves the dog with ease. my problems are - as always - with the small things that have no real empathetic, ethical or emotive value.
Hi Jilly, I would guess that people would prefer to have someone like you around, who takes action when major things happen, than someone who fretted about the small things in life. (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is nice of you to say, and thank you. In dangerous situations I am good to have around. But in non-dangerous situations - like pretty much all the time - I constantly sweat the small stuff. Never knowing what the right choice is. It's exhausting.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
That is nice of you to say, and thank you. In dangerous situations I am good to have around. But in non-dangerous situations - like pretty much all the time - I constantly sweat the small stuff. Never knowing what the right choice is. It's exhausting.
Hi Jilly, have you come across the series of little books entitled 'Don't Sweat The Small Stuff' by Richard Carlson? (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes i have. This is an emotional problem, not an intellectual one. I can read about it til the end of time but it doesn't help. frown

S
S
I had a daughter who was a special needs child that passed away at age 4. I learned from her to cherish my family and the time I have with my now 22 month old daughter who is happy and healthy. My top priority is to take care of my daughter, and build my business so that I can have the freedom to help other special needs families.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Yes i have. This is an emotional problem, not an intellectual one. I can read about it til the end of time but it doesn't help. frown
Ah, I see what you mean now. Do you think it's related to your self-worth? (See: Self Worth : How To Increase It) JOY

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Suzannemb
I had a daughter who was a special needs child that passed away at age 4. I learned from her to cherish my family and the time I have with my now 22 month old daughter who is happy and healthy. My top priority is to take care of my daughter, and build my business so that I can have the freedom to help other special needs families.
Hi Suzanne, thank you for the above. I was also touched to read your story on your website. (JOY)

Page 15 of 36 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.