Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 36 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
You are right, Joy, that there will always be people telling you you cannot attain something. I don't even think people realize that is how they come across.

In this case, though, Dan is saying that b/c I am a liberal agnostic with a strong bent towards saving the environment, that I will not find like-minded people in OK. His sister lived in OK for a decade and made no friends. Too bad she doesn't live there now; i'd have at least one buddy.

Originally Posted By: JOY (Self Development Ed)
Hi Jill, thanks for your comment. Whether you have 5-year, 1-year, 1-month or 1-week goals, they are yours and no one has the right to prevent you from achieving them.

In life when one truly wants to achieve something, there will always be relatives, partners, friends, colleagues, etc., who will tell you that you will not attain them because of x, y and z. It could be they want to protect you, or they feel that they'll lose you, or just plain old jealousy that you know what you want and they do not.

Whatever your goals, just keep focussed and you will get what you really want. Joy.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Jilly
...Dan is saying that b/c I am a liberal agnostic with a strong bent towards saving the environment, that I will not find like-minded people in OK...

Hi Jilly, if you type into Google one or two of the characteristics of the people you are seeking followed by the word 'Oklahoma' I am certain that you will find all sorts of societies and groups of like-minded people.

Then simply let them know that you'll be arriving soon and would love to meet up or just communicate by email initially. There are many new adventures waiting for you there � enjoy them! (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I like this idea, Joy. You are right on. Much as I decry my computer oriented life, it really helps organize communities, doesn't it?

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
I like this idea, Joy. You are right on. Much as I decry my computer oriented life, it really helps organize communities, doesn't it?
Hi Jilly, yes, today's computers are so powerful. As just one of zillions of examples, I was looking for a recipe for a Vegan friend who ate no meat, fish, eggs, cheese or milk. In just a few seconds I found the most delicious recipes - as well as several new Vegan friends!(JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - your life has really worked out wonderfully for you - you are in a location where people are very aware of the environment and where you can make fun friends! And you already know some cool recycling / reusing types of folks!

Having your priorities set in your mind really does help you with your life choices!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Lisa Low Carb Ed
...Having your priorities set in your mind really does help you with your life choices!
Lisa, re your tip on setting priorities, I met someone the other day whose priority-list only comprised things that made them truly happy. When it came to life choices or general decision-making, they therefore only chose pathways that made them feel great inside. (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thinking about my priorities helped me set up this whole thing in AZ with my new home. I realized I did NOT want to be in Oklahoma and I did NOT want to keep moving. I realized I wanted to be in AZ. So then it was a matter of being open to ways of making being in AZ happen.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Thinking about my priorities helped me set up this whole thing in AZ with my new home. I realized I did NOT want to be in Oklahoma and I did NOT want to keep moving. I realized I wanted to be in AZ. So then it was a matter of being open to ways of making being in AZ happen.
That's it Jilly. Follow your heart and do what you truly want to do and the rest will follow. New opportunities will land on your lap. It's then just a matter of 'seeing' them and taking action. (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Joy. Following my heart is difficult. Since I have a naturally flakey personality, I tend not to trust it. So I've closed it off over the years and made one mistake after the other in following my head.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Thanks Joy. Following my heart is difficult. Since I have a naturally flakey personality, I tend not to trust it. So I've closed it off over the years and made one mistake after the other in following my head.
Jilly, just as an experiment for one day say, whatever decisions you have to make, make them by listening to your 'gut feelings' only. So ignore your head, your heart, etc., and just ask yourself if it feels right in your 'gut'. If the answer is "yes", just go for it. Let me know what happens! (JOY)

Page 14 of 36 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.