logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Hi, I am new to this site and to the forum and was just wondering if there is anyone else here living with Multiple Sclerosis? If so please say hello I would love to meet you.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I am new, too, and have MS - so we already have 2 things in common. (I have a lot more experience with MS than with computers and forums;}

OP Offline
Hi tucsongirl, sorry for the delay. I totally forgot I posted here. Nice to meet you. I was diagnosed in '93. I am 50 now, so it has been a fun 17 years . . . not! lol

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I've been checking back here - and had decided our introduction was the virtual equivalent of two people waving at each other on the interstate. lol We're about the same age, me older by 6 yrs, and officially diagnosed in 92 or 93 after almost a year of really scary vision loss, and speech loss ("wrspqin flimloq?") and falling, and terrible pain. Horrendeous damage showed up on subsequent MRI's. So. I'm dealing. How about you?

OP Offline
Well I'm one of those rare individuals who was diagnosed very quickly. One minute I am in the ER thinking I was suffering consequences from a minor car accident and the next month or two I was told I probably had MS. Are you on Facebook? If so, we should friend one another so that we can do more than wave at one another. LOL

Last edited by Jen's Solitude; 06/24/10 08:38 PM.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I don't have facebook. The kids keep telling me about it: Mom you should get facebook. everyone can find you. and you could keep up with your friends. and. and. To which I say: I'm not lost. Everyone I know knows where I'm at. I already keep up with my friends;) To which they say: AAAAHHHHH! aaaahhhhh! AHHHHH! Send me a private msg. on here and let's see if I can retreive it on this wood burning setup I'm using.

OP Offline
OK, message coming your way tucsongirl. Well, your pm is disabled, you could click on my profile and pm me though, or if you prefer you can e-mail me at the address shown.

Last edited by Jen's Solitude; 06/25/10 01:04 PM.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I just added myself as your UBB buddy (whats' this?), you do the same thing and then maybe PM will work. I really don't know what I'm doing. I did try to get onto Hub, but all I see is the top line of the page, the rest is completely blank except for a box that tells me to type 2 words that I cannot see. I guess this means I can add 'browser' problems to my list ha

OP Offline
LOL, oh my. You can try to refresh the page once you get on and see if the full page will come up. I will now add you to my UBB buddy, I don't know what it is either though. Here goes nothing . . . OK, that didn't work either. LOL

Last edited by Jen's Solitude; 06/26/10 01:32 PM.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Well, until we think of a way to get in contact without posting email addresses for the benefit of spammers, we could talk here i.e. Have you tried any helpful meds? I took part in the Berlex Betaseron study for 2.5 yrs of the 3 yr. study. I had to drop out due to depression. I took the shots and had monthly MRI's. I don't know if I was getting placebo, half dose, or full dose. I'm betting against placebo b/c of the onset of the depression, and that the shots seemed to slow the MS. I take baclofen for the spasms. I've had many i.v. methaprednisone infusions, but have stopped taking them b/c I am getting to fragile, weight and bone-wise. And, I have discovered that antivirals shorten the really bad episodes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.