Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Because we are dependent upon tourism - or so they say. Anything that keeps people safe is ignored, lest we are looked upon as not being "fun".

That's why your work is so important. People need to be educated.

Last edited by Bubbles@NBCSoaps; 11/17/09 08:30 PM.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I was curious about henna tattoos as well, not a fan of the needles myself. The replies are very helpful.

Yes, henna is beautiful and I love the filigree designs. Also, it washes off! So I can change my mind about what I want next. Which is great, because I change my mind a lot! This is why I have no permanent ink on me yet.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My friend used a brown henna on my hand. It looked very nice and lasted about 4 days. I had no allergic reaction to it.

Sarah Redhawk
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
Hi, henna tattoo is best. it do not have any side effect. It is 100% nature. but drawback is that it takes10 t0 12 hours to get dry and do not last for long period

Amoeba
Amoeba
Quote:
but drawback is that it takes10 t0 12 hours to get dry and do not last for long period

You can add liquid paraffin to the henna paste. It will dark the henna color and will last for long time.

You need only 2 to 4 hours for good color results after applying henna. With or without adding paraffin.

Elephant
Elephant
Originally Posted By: LibrianFriend
Quote:
but drawback is that it takes10 t0 12 hours to get dry and do not last for long period

You can add liquid paraffin to the henna paste. It will dark the henna color and will last for long time.

You need only 2 to 4 hours for good color results after applying henna. With or without adding paraffin.

What you are saying here goes against everything I've ever learned about using henna for skin designs. Paraffin (aka wax) is not going to help the color. Henna is an endothermic reaction that needs to stay wet and acidic to become dark. Wax doesn't do that.

And I've gotten henna results that last for close to a month by sleeping with the henna on my skin overnight, which is how it is traditionally done for brides in India or the Middle East.

Amoeba
Amoeba
You can learn about Liquid paraffin at wikipedia.
Liquid paraffin (Medicinal)

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
[quote] You need only 2 to 4 hours for good color results after applying henna. With or without adding paraffin. [/quote] I have used it. and trust me 2 - 4 hrs are really not enough. Color will be dark as more as you let it dry on skin. I don't know about paraffin, I will try it. what quantity should be use?

Elephant
Elephant
Mineral oil (liquid paraffin) is not part of ANY traditional henna recipe I have ever read. And I personally would not recommend it to anyone.

That and the 2-4 hour statement sounds like the sort of tactic that the disreputable people who claim to use "black henna" put forth.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.