BellaOnline

Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos?

Posted By: Lisa_Orlando

Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/27/07 12:38 PM

I am affraid to make a commitment with a real tattoo AND I am realy affraid of needles. I'm pretty sure I couldn't sit through the session anyway.

Has anyone here tried Henna Tattoos?

I thought it might be fun and I am thinking with maybe a stencil I could create some really interesting designs. I have seen alot of advertising for home henna kits but have yet to try it. Do the home Henna kits work as well, or last as well as paying someone else to paint the design on for you??

Posted By: ~ Rae ~

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/27/07 05:37 PM

Lisa,

Just so you understand, henna is not a tattoo as it does not go below the skin surface. It is a form of body painting.
Posted By: M o e

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/28/07 04:38 AM

Rae hasn't mentioned here but she has an ebook available. I found it helpful.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/28/07 05:05 AM

Thanks, Moe! There is that...LOL...

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 09/07/07 03:21 AM

I understood that about Henna that is why I liked the idea. Nothing permanent and not the pain of a real tattoo. I would like to try the kit and my daughter would LOVE it as well.
Posted By: foxydawn30

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 09/19/07 06:28 PM

Hello Lisa,
What a good topic, much like you I have also thought about a Tattoo. However what seems good right now might not be the same design I would like to see the rest of my life. I have had Henna done, which is really fun. This may sound strange but when the henna was applied to my skin it was sort of a rush. I guess it the thought of getting tattooed but with out the permanent factor. I have never tried any of the home kits. I was afraid they would be too messy and even with a stencil I am still not the perfect artist. This is why I decided to go get on e done by a professional henna artist. My design was a curvy vine which wrapped all the way around my ankle. Nothing real big just simple. As for the henna, it lasted for about three weeks before it started to fade. The trick is once the henna paste is applied try to leave it on overnight with out taking a bath. The longer the paste dries before removing it the darker the design will look. Also it is important to note real henna paste is brown and fades to a light orange color. The reason I mention this is because there is black henna, which is bad news, because it is basically hair dye which can possibly burn and scar the skin. Good luck keep us informed of what design you do and how it goes.

Have a nice day

Dawn
Foxydawn30@hotmail.com

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 09/19/07 07:11 PM

That sounds cool. I have to say I am not the best artist either but I had thought about posibly making up a pattern in a stencil and using that stencil as a guide.

I also like the idea of it fading to orange since I usually have a tan most of the time, it would compliment the color of my skin nicely.

How much did this cost you? I am thinking in the long run it would be cheaper if my daughter and I did it ourselves.
Posted By: Sue Early Childhood

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 09/19/07 07:34 PM

My daughter got a henna tatto because she is 15 and that is all I will allow her, but she had it done at the shore for $25 and it only lasted about a week. When it faded you really couldn't see it because she had a tan. I don't know if that is how all henna tattoos are.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 09/19/07 08:28 PM

Well done henna can last for up to a month, but how it's applied, how long it's left on the skin and how the person takes care of it later all play into the skin life of the design.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 09/19/07 10:20 PM

The issues with it not lasting so long is why I think it would be cool to be able to do it myself. When it fades enough so it can't be seen, then I could just reapply the design. I prefer the warm brown of Henna to the bizarre colors or most tattos. Although I was told by someone who did tats that he could do it in brown so it would sort of look like Henna.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 09/20/07 12:31 AM

Yeah, tattoos can be done in pretty much any color. But, again, even if you get a brown one it is still permanent...
Posted By: Henna Sooq

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 10/23/07 01:04 AM

As a professional henna artist, yes I do recommend you try out a henna "tattoo" to be sure of the permanent tattoo you might want or get it even designed by a henna artist. This way you can always adjust it as needed.
We usually don't call them tattoos though either, but use the term body art. (Henna Body Art).
It will last from 2-3 weeks. It looks nice for at least one week and then it fades.
Never ever get black henna. It is henna with harmful chemicals added to make the natural henna turn black. Henna is a natural plant that will only dye reddish tones.
Posted By: NeverthefirstASH

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 12/20/07 03:51 AM

As far as fear of needles go... I got my first tattoo in hopes that it would help my fear of needles. It did not, but I it was a completely different type of thing. I had no problems with either tattoo I have now... but needles... still freak me out.

Henna tattoos... never tried but I've seen many.. and sadly most have been pretty poor quality. Usually this is at large concerts and out door malls though. I'm sure the quality varies greatly.
Posted By: sean009

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/05/08 12:32 PM

Yeah, this is not a tattoo but a body painting.It looks really great.I have done it,i will post here few pics of it but later.
Posted By: spotlight7

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/14/08 05:06 AM

Even I am afraid of real tattoos. And I have not yet tried Henna tattoo.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/14/08 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: spotlight7

Tattoos aren't scary! They only hurt for a little while. laugh

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/14/08 04:56 PM

Froggie, most people aren't afraid of the pain, they are afraid of the commitment. To tell someone that tattoos aren't scary is invalidating of their feelings. To them, they might be.
Posted By: clintsgirl

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/17/08 11:23 PM

I got one done at the mall on a whim... I liked it a lot but it was not very good quality

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/18/08 01:17 AM

Most mall and tourist henna stands are staffed by people with no experience (most often men) who have only been taught how to apply henna as fast as humanly possible. If you really want some good henna, find someone who mixes their own henna paste and has some knowledge of the history of the process (most often women).

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/18/08 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: spotlight7

Why are you afraid of real tattoos?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 07:46 AM

I know for me I would love to get a tattoo - and am quite comfortable with the commitment of a design on my body. But I am deathly afraid of needles and can barely survive a single needle at the hospital when I am forced to have it done. I would never last more than 2 minutes in a tattoo parlor smile

I completely accept it is a silly fear, but it is very ingrained in me. It is something I am trying to get over for obvious health reasons smile But I can't even prick my finger ...
Posted By: spotlight7

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 11:33 AM

I am afraid as the tattoo is made from needles. And I find it silly
also.
Posted By: Eng Culture Nicola Jane

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 12:03 PM

Hi Lisa, I am sorry you are afraid of needles, and I do not think you are silly at all. They hurt!! that is a rational fear! I do have tattoo's, the pain is NOT the same as a pin prick however.
The only way I can describe it is: It is like someone putting a lighted match to your arm and slowly running it around. It does hurt, but if you can focus on something else, like a computer game or magazine that helps a little.

Henna tats are good, but proper henna takes hours to dry and has to fall off naturally, so you need to be still for ages.
Paint on tats are absolutly fab, In my opinion, they are the best. smile

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 12:09 PM

I also must add that I have three tattoos, and I deeply regret one of them.(I love one too smile )I hate it. I really wish I could have it removed, but it scars and costs loads. So one word of advice: Please paint it on first and make sure you really want it! they do not come off, and it sounds silly to reliterate that, but from personal experiance I am sad to say I wish I HAD listened to my mum! frown
Posted By: Heather - Chinese Culture

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 12:20 PM

I have 3 tattoos and while I don't regret what they are, I do regret where I go them. One is on my left wrist and I feel it doesn't look professional if I ever plan on getting a desk job somewhere.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Eng Culture Nicola Jane
I also must add that I have three tattoos, and I deeply regret one of them.(I love one too smile )I hate it. I really wish I could have it removed, but it scars and costs loads. So one word of advice: Please paint it on first and make sure you really want it! they do not come off, and it sounds silly to reliterate that, but from personal experiance I am sad to say I wish I HAD listened to my mum! frown

You can always get a cover up tattoo to hide it.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 04:52 PM

Yep, True, I could BUT it is in a place I regret as well as the design. I was young and not so wise then frown
When I got married my vail hid it, my I was so worried I had spoilt my arm.
Also cover ups, by their very nature need to be quite dark and somewhat larger than the original. This can pose problems! I heard of a person who had a name tattooed and it was spelled wrong!! Now that must have been hard!

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Eng Culture Nicola Jane

Also cover ups, by their very nature need to be quite dark and somewhat larger than the original. This can pose problems! I heard of a person who had a name tattooed and it was spelled wrong!! Now that must have been hard!

Depending on what the original design was, a cover up could be limiting... But, I have seen some beautiful cover ups. You couldn't even tell it used to be something else.
Posted By: GamerGrrl

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 08:55 PM

I did a Henna tattoo on the back of my neck and loved it. I was sad it faded quickly, though. Then again... I have no pigment in my skin... I am "the lighter shade of pale." *sigh*

The darkness of the henna depends on the oil used. But, it still looks pretty cool. :-)
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/19/08 11:25 PM

I know I tend to be very sensitive to pain, even if my shirt has a tag in it I have to rip it out or it really bothers me all day long. So I think my skin is just very tender or something. But still, you're right, I need to learn to just deal with it. I am always worried that some serious health issue will come up and I will get more sick because of this "silly" fear of needles. Even when I watch House and other medical shows I have to look away when needles are being injected. I wonder if something happened when I was a child to cause this fear.
Posted By: JeniLo

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 03/03/08 03:24 PM

Yeah, I have tried of 'em at my cousin's marriage in Arabic style.
All of my relative just loved it and appreciated me.
Posted By: medford

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 03/07/08 10:17 PM

I never could settle on a Tattoo design so I just never got one. When i go into my corner store the Bengali women who work there always have henna on their palms I always thought it was so sexy. I never came upon anyone offering to do henna though so i also never got that.
Posted By: Flavia_hennacaravan

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 05/31/08 07:17 PM

Henna only lasts as long as the dyed skin is not exfoliated.
Depending on how fast that happens is how fast the design fades away.
Henna can last several weeks, but generally 7-10 days is the norm.
YOu can go over it and keep it going, that is a great idea.
Flavia
Henna Caravan
Posted By: mamame

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/02/08 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By: foxydawn30

Thanks for the info. My son wants one and I am so afraid he'll be sorry if he gets a permanent one down the road. How much are the henna's?

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/03/08 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: mamame
How much are the henna's?

Prices vary from artist to artist. You'll have to ask them directly.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/06/08 01:09 AM

Our henna is priced from $5;00 and up at festivals and for private appointments, it is a per 1/2 hour charge.
Each artist charges differently depending on how they work and where they live.
henna caravan
Posted By: Bea Scott

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/07/08 02:19 PM

I have --- it's a really nice alternative to getting the skin permanently marked.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/20/08 03:13 PM

I am hosting a henna conference if anyone is interested.
Here is more infoBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: MiffedMisFit

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/08/08 05:19 PM

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/08/08 05:53 PM

I just got a henna kit through the mail a few days ago - planning on trying it out this weekend!

And in the packet, there was even a warning about black henna - about how it is not true henna and that it can cause horrible allergic reactions.

I'll let you guys know how it works out - and if it goes well, I'll pass on the site I got it from, but I don't want to recommend it until I know for sure how well it works!

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/14/08 02:24 PM

Well, we did the Henna tattoos on the kids this past weekend - and they look really good! My daughter was especially excited about hers. I did her cheerleading symbol - a star with an "E" in the middle. She showed the other girls last night at practice, and they all want me to do one on them now!

I'll have to post some pictures later.

But I got my kit from an online store called Henna Caravan.com

I also ordered some of their transfer papers, so I could draw the pictures perfectly on the paper, then transfer the ink to the skin, and had something to trace the Henna paste onto. That helped me out a lot. I'm not so good at free-hand.

But I was very happy with this company's product.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/24/08 05:10 AM

Michelle,
I am part of Henna Caravan, and I was happy to hear you liked our products.
thank you, we are hosting a henna conference Oct 24 -26 if anyone is interested in coming .
It is a wonderful learning experience and we have henna artists coming from all over the US and Canada.
IT is open to beginners as well as Master artists and is lots of fun.
See our site for more info. look under the calendar,BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Digitoko

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/29/08 12:28 PM

Hi,
henna tattos made by henna it's natural product.Its not harmful and when you will made any tatto of mina its painless and its not parmanent after some time henna tattos disappeared. if you want again you can create them again and new tatoos but you face many problem with orignal chemical tatoo it's very painful. when you will want to remove them you need surgery.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 10/24/08 02:13 AM

I finally got my pictures uploaded from my camera, LOL!

Here's the henna tattoo I did on my oldet son's arm using the kit I purchased.

Posted By: mamame

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/06/09 08:03 PM

What about those new tattoos that are permanent but can be removed down the road if you regret it. I forgot the name but they are supposed to be out by now. Anyone know what I am talking about?
Posted By: hermosotrozo1

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/07/09 06:11 PM

yes i use them. and the best part if you get bred of them they can be removed! unlike the permanent tattoos
Posted By: MoniB

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/23/09 11:00 PM

Hennas s...They will last for 5 days tops and will then start to fade away. I was really disappointed when I had mine done. My parents were happy it was henna smile

I had it on my hand smile
Posted By: Lori-Marriage

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/23/09 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: mamame
What about those new tattoos that are permanent but can be removed down the road if you regret it. I forgot the name but they are supposed to be out by now. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Can you tell use more about those? How are they removed?

Also, this is a dumb question but are all henna tats that same color? I guess that is what henna color is...duh.

But are there temporary tatoos that have colors?

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/24/09 12:23 AM

True Henna tats are a lovely bronzish brown color when they are cured on the skin. The paste itself looks sort of greenish to goldish bronze when you put it on the skin then dries to the darker color.

But there are people out there trying to sell "black henna" - which has extra dyes in it and is very dangerous. This stuff causes horrible skin reactions - blisters and allergic welts.

If you ever get a henna kit where the henna is black do NOT use it!

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/24/09 03:49 AM

I'd just like to say once again, Henna is NOT a tattoo, it is a form of body painting!

That's why they wear off after several weeks, they are just a stain.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/24/09 03:59 AM

Ack - sorry Rae, I guess we just get in a habit of calling things by certain names.

But it does make a big difference when you think about it as a stain as opposed to a tattoo!
Posted By: Jim Colyer

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/24/09 04:33 AM

Tattoos are evil. Why would anyone want to mutilate their body in this way?

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/24/09 11:47 AM

As we just got through saying (if you had bothered to red the thread Jim) henna is NOT a tattoo, is is a body paint.

And your comment is an opinion, not a fact. And one that is not appreciated on here as this is a forum to learn about body art, not debate the issues of whether or not to have body art.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/24/09 04:01 PM

Jim,

Please read the thread topic "Body Art Forum Guide, specifically the section titled "In regards to message contents:" as it will make clear what sort of commenting and forum behavior is allowed and disallowed here.

This forum is maintained as a "safe space" for body art discussion and insulting people and body art is a behavior that is not tolerated.
Posted By: Kristin Davis

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/24/09 04:06 PM

I actually love henna-especially when applied on the hands and feet. I think it looks unique and very sexy (as long as its done by hand not stencil. And its not a bad idea for people to get an idea of what having a tattoo is like. However tattoos are permanent and Henna isn't so its not a true trial lol.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 02/24/09 08:07 PM

Seeing what it would look like was the main reason we got them.

My oldes son want a real tattoo. but I wanted him to try out this first so that he could see what it would look like on him before we went the permanent route.

I'm glad we did, too. Because ever since we did the Henna, he has not mentioned a tat again. So I think he was just going through a phase, and would have been unhappy later down the line with a permanent effect.
Posted By: amyuk

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 05/17/09 06:24 PM

Yes, I used it with success and was really proud of my Henna tattoos. There is one problem in that you can get allergies from it. It might not be from the Henna it's self but, it can be from using the additional oil. The oil has a strong citrus smell lemon/lemongrass. I dont know if it's changed since I used Henna but, that is what came with the kit. (Mendhi oil. It's used to prep the skin. Im sure you already all know what I mean! I have seen horror stories which resulted in raised scars. Also, a while back a friend had a temporary tattoo done and it's permanent. They are stuck with a blue bird now! It uses the same technique as a real tattoo but the inks meant to fade. It doesn't and so the company packed up p.d.q! Good luck with it all. I am now thinking of using Henna on my feet! I'll have to make my own custom stencil as, I am never impressed with the stencils supplied. Clairesaccessories use to sell the kits. I dont know if they have stopped doing them now! Unsure, where to purchase them now though..shame.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 06/18/09 04:47 PM

When using henna the kits are often sold with questionable oil mixes.
Henna Caravan is dedicated to using safe natural products and we sell kits with lavender oil because it is so wonderful and safe.
Often the liquid mix sold with kits is not safe and can cause skin rash.
You can mix with water or lemon juice and add the safe oils to have a great fun activity.
Stencils do not work well , you are right, so Henna Caravan sells the transfer paper that is easy and works well to put any design on the skin and you can just trace over it.

The biggest danger with skin problems and scars is from PPD fake black products sold as henna. THis is horribel and here is a link to photos of someone who used the PPD on the hair,
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1193602...r-hair-dye.html
Be safe, use only natural henna and safe oils , have fun with henna
Flavia
Posted By: Alia_Idaho

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/01/09 01:59 AM

You know what's cooler? Get a henna tattoo done BEFORE you get a tan. When the color of the henna tattoo fades, you'll have a semi-permanent design on your skin that'll last as long as your tan does.
Posted By: flight.of.fancy

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/06/09 06:27 PM

I get Henna Tattoo every summer, whenever we go on beach vacation. My last henna tattoo was a mess! Literally mess, because it stained my hotel bed..so I was charged with extra fee for that.
Posted By: MagnersPear

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/08/09 02:29 PM

I have tried it, lots of fun and very natural. It can be quite messy though!
Posted By: rockitmarty

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/08/09 05:24 PM

I love getting henna done!
Posted By: CulturalCanuck

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/10/09 06:25 AM

I have had henna done many times, they are great when you are like me and to chicken to get a real tattoo but dont want one of those little kid 99 cent store skull tattoos lol they can also be very pretty
Posted By: DCgirl06

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/10/09 02:20 PM

Tried it a couple of times, I love it. Make sure you have someone do it who knows what they're doing, not just anyone.
Posted By: beczibeth03

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/27/09 05:23 AM

As far as i know henna tattoo is only mehndi. its not a tattoo its just a mehendi design. its completely different from tattoo.
Tattoo has an impact of its own. I dont think henna tatoo is beter than tattoo.
Tattoos are increasingly gained its popularity in the recent years. Despite the gender, a tattoo finds its place in all who prefer to wear one.
Posted By: jhfgeu

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 09/25/09 08:18 AM

The longer the paste dries before removing it the darker the design will look. Also it is important to note real henna paste is brown and fades to a light orange color. The reason I mention this is because there is black henna.
Posted By: jolinya

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 10/16/09 04:17 AM

i have not tried yet, will look into it..

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 10/16/09 04:27 PM

We plan on using Henna as part of Jordan's costume this year.

She is a "poison fairy" so we are going to do a henna design of ivy vines twisting up her arms. I'll probably do it when she gets home from school on Friday, so that it will have plenty of time to "cure" before she goes out on Saturday for Halloween.
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 11/17/09 03:53 AM

Panama City Beach commission has passed a law that shop owners who offer henna tattoos must post a sign warning clients of their potential dangers. Apparently, people are having allergic reactions to the henna. Read more here .

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 11/17/09 08:45 AM

Better late than never, Panama City.... It's not henna that's dangerous, it's disreputable and untrained people trying to make a fast buck who mix black hair dyes into the formula, which is not part of the traditional use of that plant.

I wrote about the dangers of "black henna" back in November of 2003. (that's six years ago now) I wonder what took them so long to decide to deal with this?
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 11/18/09 12:29 AM

Because we are dependent upon tourism - or so they say. Anything that keeps people safe is ignored, lest we are looked upon as not being "fun".

That's why your work is so important. People need to be educated.
Posted By: MamaPR

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 01/19/10 02:57 AM

I was curious about henna tattoos as well, not a fan of the needles myself. The replies are very helpful.
Posted By: Soft Landing

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 05/26/10 09:28 PM

Yes, henna is beautiful and I love the filigree designs. Also, it washes off! So I can change my mind about what I want next. Which is great, because I change my mind a lot! This is why I have no permanent ink on me yet.
Posted By: sarahredhawk5

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 05/26/10 09:31 PM

My friend used a brown henna on my hand. It looked very nice and lasted about 4 days. I had no allergic reaction to it.
Posted By: alica

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 05/27/10 11:04 AM

Hi, henna tattoo is best. it do not have any side effect. It is 100% nature. but drawback is that it takes10 t0 12 hours to get dry and do not last for long period
Posted By: LibrianFriend

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 05/30/10 05:58 AM

Quote:
but drawback is that it takes10 t0 12 hours to get dry and do not last for long period

You can add liquid paraffin to the henna paste. It will dark the henna color and will last for long time.

You need only 2 to 4 hours for good color results after applying henna. With or without adding paraffin.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 05/31/10 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: LibrianFriend
Quote:
but drawback is that it takes10 t0 12 hours to get dry and do not last for long period

You can add liquid paraffin to the henna paste. It will dark the henna color and will last for long time.

You need only 2 to 4 hours for good color results after applying henna. With or without adding paraffin.

What you are saying here goes against everything I've ever learned about using henna for skin designs. Paraffin (aka wax) is not going to help the color. Henna is an endothermic reaction that needs to stay wet and acidic to become dark. Wax doesn't do that.

And I've gotten henna results that last for close to a month by sleeping with the henna on my skin overnight, which is how it is traditionally done for brides in India or the Middle East.
Posted By: LibrianFriend

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 06/01/10 07:10 AM

You can learn about Liquid paraffin at wikipedia.
Liquid paraffin (Medicinal)
Posted By: alica

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 06/01/10 11:13 AM

[quote] You need only 2 to 4 hours for good color results after applying henna. With or without adding paraffin. [/quote] I have used it. and trust me 2 - 4 hrs are really not enough. Color will be dark as more as you let it dry on skin. I don't know about paraffin, I will try it. what quantity should be use?

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 06/02/10 02:23 AM

Mineral oil (liquid paraffin) is not part of ANY traditional henna recipe I have ever read. And I personally would not recommend it to anyone.

That and the 2-4 hour statement sounds like the sort of tactic that the disreputable people who claim to use "black henna" put forth.
Posted By: Jessiecolleen

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 10/29/10 08:07 AM

Hi, I want to get a henna tattoo done. What are the ingredients of henna? And can it cause any skin allergies? Also, does it come in various shades or is it just blackish-green? Jessie
Posted By: lizayuen

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 11/10/10 04:59 AM

I never could settle on a Tattoo design so I just never got one. When i go into my corner store the Bengali women who work there always have henna on their palms I always thought it was so sexy. I never came upon anyone offering to do henna though so i also never got that.
Posted By: pradap

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 11/18/10 10:27 AM

I understood that about Henna that is why I liked the idea. Nothing permanent and not the pain of a real tattoo. I would like to try the kit and my daughter would LOVE it as well.

Posted By: lizayuen

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 11/24/10 02:39 AM

"I understood that about Henna that is why I liked the idea. Nothing permanent and not the pain of a real tattoo."

I totally agree with you, henna is not painful unlike putting the real tattoo it is painful.

------------
Posted By: ExerciseEditor

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 11/24/10 03:48 PM

I tried an at home kit and also had it done in South Beach a few years ago. I loved it and it's not permanent nor did it cause allergies for me and my skin is fairly sensitive to out of the ordinary products (things I don't normally use).

It's like having a tattoo but then it slowly fades. It's fun to try : )
Posted By: AnnabelleR

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 11/29/10 09:37 AM

You cannot make tattoos with henna but you can do body painting with it.
Posted By: susanexpress

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 12/18/10 07:26 AM

I have not tried it and want to know how is it
Posted By: sunnymonika

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 03/16/11 04:17 AM

I feel,when you will made any tatto of mina its painless and its not parmanent after some time henna tattos disappeared.

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 03/16/11 07:10 PM

Henna tattoos are temporary so you can try different styles as per your mood & season. The options are unlimited. You can mix the henna paste at home or get the readymade cones available. Various tattoo patters are available online.
Posted By: rickeyy

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 04/11/11 06:19 AM

A week ago i got two small henna tattoos on Khaosan rd. Bangkok and walked away not thinking twice about it. Now a week later i have had a bad reaction and both tattoos (though faded in colour and no longer black) have become itchy,swollen and blistered. I have now researched and found that there is only one safe henna and that is the red/brown NOT black. Info below.

<edited by the forum mod to removed the deceptive link that was not about henna>
Posted By: juniehyatt

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 07/18/11 02:36 PM

I absolutely LOVE henna tattoos! They're delicate and sexy! I use this kit I ordered from Amazon... BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: jodiemt

Re: Has anyone tried Henna Tattoos? - 08/08/11 05:46 AM

Hey Lisa,
Henna is preferable instead of the pain you go through for a body tattoo! But you should be aware of the smell(I think it's a smell,but some others like it)that it emanates.
© 2020 BellaOnline Forums