logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Being different is tough. But I guess some kinds of differences are more "tolerated" than others. I just like to think that when others are really nasty and mean, it's mostly jealousy. We're an "eye-sore" to them because we didn't give in to pressure, but they did. If they're really just purely happy about having kids of their own, they don't have to judge others for not having any, but I'd think it's because sometimes they regret it, or just feel that it's too tough, that when we say we choose to be free from all that, they need to "attack" in some way, or else they might break down and cry ... in a way, they're really sad. (*sigh*)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
Hello! I am new to the forum, but soooo glad to find out that there are others like me out there! I, too, have gotten the "you'll regret it" comments. My husband and I have been married for 11 years and have no plans to have children. I love kids, especially my friends' kids, but don't want any of my own. Jeannie70, I completely understand. I find myself getting defensive and feeling like I have to justify the fact that I don't want kids. I often feel like something is wrong with me because I just don't have that maternal instinct...and all of my female friends do.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Everyone, thankyou! I sure feel supported here among friends and it's wonderful to hear all of your stories, experiences and retorts! I am so comfortable with my decision stall other times except when I have to explain myself-it seems I am not alone though! Have a fab day J

P
P
I think a lot of these people get defensive about their own choices when they make these comments. I wonder, at the mere mention someone makes that they don't wish to have kids of their own, that these people hear: "You're stupid for having kids!" or something along those lines.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.