Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Paula, the craft sale idea would really rock, i think. laugh

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
So it sounds like a good priority is someone to do daily types of fun things with. Even when I was single I had good friends that I could hang out with all night long, so it doesn't have to be a singular male partner necessarily.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Gosh, over 40,000 views on this subject of priorities!

Last edited by JOY (Self Development Ed); 03/10/10 11:26 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Don't forget that after you set priorities, you start working on your Five Year Goals!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, that totally is something I want and long for. But with the RVing year coming up, it will simply have to wait.

If dan and i actually do Oklahoma, then I can look for a buddy there.

Yesterday dan said he doesn't think I will actually find friends in Oklahoma. That was pretty negative and upsetting. frown

In the meantime I have my small handful of IMing buddies. That helps me feel like I have some kind of social life, lol.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Hi Jill, thanks for your comment. Whether you have 5-year, 1-year, 1-month or 1-week goals, they are yours and no one has the right to prevent you from achieving them.

In life when one truly wants to achieve something, there will always be relatives, partners, friends, colleagues, etc., who will tell you that you will not attain them because of x, y and z. It could be they want to protect you, or they feel that they'll lose you, or just plain old jealousy that you know what you want and they do not.

Whatever your goals, just keep focussed and you will get what you really want. Joy.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
This is one of my main hurdles. I keep changing my goals or I have far too many to be able to focus on one long enough to accomplish it!

But you have helped me with your post, Joy. I will choose ONE and focus, focus, focus. Well, maybe two or three. One personal, two professional goals.

Is that too many?

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Chi-Japanese Food
...you have helped me with your post, Joy. I will choose ONE and focus, focus, focus. Well, maybe two or three. One personal, two professional goals.

Is that too many?

In answer to your query, focusing on '3 goals' is absolutely fine. Problems emerge when you're trying to tackle 10 large goals, say, and then can't understand why you're not getting anywhere very fast. It's best to concentrate on fewer goals, achieve them and then move onto your next few.

The same holds for running businesses. It's often best to totally focus on one business, and then once it's running efficiently, to re-focus your energies onto the second business that caught your eye. (JOY)

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
This might sound overreaching but it is true. This thread may have saved my life. I have been so overwhelmed with far too many goals that no meaningful progress was being made.

But now that I have chosen to narrow them down to only three, here they are:

1. Help my daughter (who is dying) live as healthful, painfree and fulfilling life as possible. Help her prepare for death by joyful living so there will be no regrets or fears.

2. Write, write, write. Send out all of my creative work with courage and in the spirit of sharing. They spring forth from my life's experiences and just maybe there could be something worthwhile to leave behind as a sort of "legacy." Stories, family history, etc.

3. Manage my diabetes. It has been untreated and out-of-control for years! At first, this didn't seem that important to me because I felt that we all die of something. And I did not want to linger long after my daughter passes even though I still have a husband and soon-to-be-married son who will provide grandchildren.

But I should try to do something to take better care of this body that God gave me. It is a gift and I feel that I would be unappreciative if I misused it or took it for granted. And I do not want anyone else to have to take care of me. Taking care of my diabetes is important, and it is a gift to my husband and son as they profess to want me around a little longer.

So thank you again, Joy, for helping me prioritize my life. It really feels good to know what to focus on.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Chi-Japanese Food
This might sound overreaching but it is true. This thread may have saved my life�
...So thank you again, Joy, for helping me prioritize my life. It really feels good to know what to focus on.

I am delighted that prioritising has helped! As you say, your health is indeed a gift and should always come first. If you can look after it as much as you can, Emotional Health and Emotional Wealth (yours plus that of your loved ones) will automatically follow.

Regarding loved ones, you seldom realise that people around you love you far more than you can ever imagine. It�s often very hard for your closest loved ones to tell you just how much they truly love you. (JOY)

Page 13 of 36 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.