Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Dan has been helping my figure out my priorities. I think this is them, right now:

- peacefulness, serenity
- fitness and health
- belongingness
-self reliance
-joyfulness, creativity

Last edited by Jilly; 01/25/10 11:36 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I am seriously stuck on the belongingness aspect. I think as per Maslow's Hierarchy, my issues with belongingness there keep me from being able to actually work on other things.

Zebra
Zebra
What does belongingness mean to you, Jilly? Because I think it's different for each of us, and, I know for me, it has been different at different stages in my life. So, I'm just curious and of course you don't have to answer!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Good question. As in having a group of peeps. I have online peeps. But no actual flesh group. I move too much, or others move away, or they have kids and don't have time for me anymore.

I know I am feeling sorry for myself, but there it is.

I am happiest when I have a small group of fun playmates. All I have really is dan (sometimes, maybe) and my dogs.

Zebra
Zebra
I like "actual flesh group" LOL. I know what you mean and I've found myself in that predicament at other times. Now, my family is my primary "flesh group", but I have friends I do get to see occasionally and that's enough for me. Since my breakup I have had much less social contact, but that's again somewhat my choice. I'd like to have someone to go to movies & plays & even dinner with but most of my friends are married and not available for those things.

Anyway, it seems like you know what you want and that's great. Like a lot of our goals, it can be easier said than done, but I think if you want to find those connections, you could take some actions toward it.

With my "dating" issue-- I really think I want a guy in my life but I don't seem to want to do much about making it happen! LOL--I want him gift-wrapped & put on my doorstep, I suppose. But, this doesn't often bother me, so I think it's just not a big priority for me right now. When it does become so, I think I can make it happen. If I haven't forgotten how! laugh

There are of course all sorts of things you can do to make friends wherever you are. Meetups is a good way to find like-minded people and those connections could develop into friendships. My area also has women & wine groups that I really wish I had time for! Most of my friends I met through work-related or networking events and over time, we became friends. So, if it really is a priority for you, then some action steps would be a good idea. For instance, attend one event a week or month or whatever, follow up with a coffee date or drinks meeting.

I wish you lived close to me--we'd have a blast!

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
I'm having trouble trying to organize my day. I'm having now to work at an office outside the home and for a couple of months I am hectic. I have so much I need to do and need to put in some quiet time for sanity's sake.

What I am learning to do is take some time and do two things at once. I watch a woman who has dementia for about six hours a week. I take that time when she is sleeping or watching TV to get caught up on my emails and writing.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jill - I started a separate thread just for you! We can all help out!

Deb - What specifically draws you to the idea of having a guy?

Rebecca - it sounds like you have a lot of challenging things in your world to juggle! I'll start a separate thread for us to talk about managing time!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
I really like being in a relationship. I like having a romantic partner to share and plan with. Dinners, family events, future projects, etc. I have very loving, close connections with my family and friends (I feel loved and appreciated) and am perfectly happy and able to entertain myself on my own--I naver get bored. And, I really like my "me time".

But, I do often wish there was someone here to share stuff with--cooking dinner, talking over the days events, laughing at TV show, trading footrubs. Just really mundane life stuff that I think it's nice to be able to share, as well as the big stuff--it would have been great to have someone to share the birth of my granddaughter with, for instance (not that there weren't tons of people around!). I like being part of a "we". So, the bond & companionship & some romance is nice.

Amoeba
Amoeba
A friend has been after me for literally months to teach her more about knitting, so just after the first of the year we began a new ministry at our church. I am teaching people to knit and we are involving others who already knit to both help the beginners and to join in making items for our local nursing home and hospital.

People from other churches are joining us and we are having a wonderful time creating things to donate! I had thought this would be a short term project, but I find myself hoping it will turn into a permanent group.

If anyone knows of anything we could make to send to Haiti, please let me know. I'm afraid it is too warm there to need knitted things, but one never knows.

Just had a thought ... taking a page from Lisa's idea about things for Haiti, perhaps we could hold a craft sale and use the proceeds to send for the people there. ??????

Paula Devore
Painting Editor

Paula Devore, Painting Editor
Painting Website
Painting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Deb, I also like being part of a 'we' for the same reasons. Daily companionship.

Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.