Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
C
The Feds have proposed new Federal Proposed Guidelines for Credit Cards guidelines for credit card marketing to college students.

Take a look.

Cheryl Lynne Likins, M.A.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
it's about time! I went almost 300K in debt because of the 21 credit cards I was able to get when i started college at 18. I was young and dumb and truly didn't fully understand what i was getting myself into.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
C
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
C
I hear you, Jase. The thing about it is many college students are just taking classes full-time and not working. How do the credit card companies think they can pay off a few grand while they're in school?

I also think that it is really difficult for students to say no. They probably figure that the cc companies wouldn't give it to them if they believed the students couldn't pay it off (or their parents).

Elephant
Elephant
And then the students don't realize they will get all these fees that compound. And just becase the credit card company stops callinhg them and complaining, doesn't mean the fees stop. Some even have daily fees adfter so long and then they sell off your debt and those companies add fees and so forth.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
H
Amoeba
Amoeba
H
I think this is really common! i have seen most of the students facing this problem, which may seem as a problem to us, really helps us in organizing at a very young age

C
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
C
I hear you. If students want to apply for a credit card, then as long as they have income to pay for it I think that they have the right to do it.

My concern is that sometimes these companies come on campus, set up nice displays, offer incentives and get students to sign up without a care about how they will pay for it.

They can get in over their heads and start things off after graduation having to deal with it.

-----

That said, if any of you know of some companies that have good student credit card programs, then feel free to share them with all of us.

Thanks for your post!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Financial system should be regulated more than it is now. Whole mess began with loose regulation of George W Bush. (although there was an economically good time during George W Bush.) Obama administration seems to be working hard to overhaul financial system.

W
W
Financial system should be regulated more than it is now. Whole mess began with loose regulation of George W Bush. (although there was an economically good time during George W Bush.) Obama administration seems to be working hard to overhaul financial system. [url=http://www.flashpapers.com]Term Papers[/url]

Last edited by William Parkar; 04/13/10 06:19 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.