logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#575263 01/03/10 11:59 AM
D
OP Offline
D
when I saw the words "budget decor", the first thing that popped into my mind is yard sales. I have been going to them and holding them since I was 10 years old. My house is decorated GORGEOUS..people come in and always compliment my furniture, vases, wall hangings, etc. and I got 80% of them at yard sales. Gorgeous buffet for $45, beautiful wine/bakers rack for $7, expensive($1200 retail) Broyhill entertainment center for $150, various ficus trees for about $5 each. Oh, a stunning wood bench with storage for, yup, $5 again. If you don't go to yard sales, I highly recommend getting started. Some of the other best buys are books,clothes and toys. We buy maybe 200 books a season , all for about .25 cents each..that's $50 for 200 books!I've also bought NEW toys for cheap, barely worn comforters, and patio decor. So, talk about "budget" doesn't have to mean cheap. You can get used expensive stuff at a fraction of the cost at yard sales or even craigslist. Happy hunting!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
This is so true, many believe all that is showcased in yard sales are not worth buying. But I have found some real gems over the years! Great post!

Gecko
Gecko
obviously you must be one of those people that can look at something and see the possiblities or are good with refinishing...both a gift. If one knows how one can do wonders with a bit of imagination. It is never about cost.

Koala
Koala
I always look forward to spring and the garage sales here! We have a big townwide garage sale here and the town 10 miles from here has 2. One in the spring and one in the fall. I love a bargain and no one knows unless you tell them!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Yard sales are so much fun. When we moved from sunny southern CA to Washington State. I thought we'd suffer in the winter, but in the colder months a lot of churches and ocmmunity groups have indoor yard sale fundraisers. The prices aren't always as good as when someone is having a home yard sale, but with so many people contributing there's always a lot to choose from.

P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
Now it finally warms up again here in South Texas and so the Yard and Garage Sales will start again too and what does that mean? I will be busy on Saturday mornings going on treasure hunting again. Most people roll their eyes when they hear garage sale and would never buy anything used. But not me. I have found some really nice stuff on garage or yard sales for sometimes only a very few bucks. Only because someone grew tired of an item and sells it, doesn't mean the item is bad or of lower quality. Also don't forget about the fun and social factor of garage and yard sales. To meet new people, to chit chat for a bit and even to haggle about the price can be a lot of fun.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.