logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks for the chuckle! reminds me of the time my cockatiel did the same thing. he was walking around the table and evidently stepped on the right buttons..i can't remember, it was a speaker phone and i know i had 911 programmed into a top button... but they called back and i explained it. it too was too funny. smile

flowr
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
~W.B. Yeats ~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I thought of another funny story that was not so funny when it happened. In fact, it could have been a complete disaster with someone dying. This is also an example of why not to use those little cardboard cartons to bring rodents home.

Many years ago, when my kids were little we drove about 20 minutes to a neighboring town. It was a typical, hot California day. I had a little diesel pickup with only a front seat and a small one at that. We picked up a hamster and started to drive home. My daughter was sitting in the middle and was holding onto the box that contained the hamster. The hamster didn�t stay contained for long. The little guy chewed a hole; right through the cardboard. I caught movement out the side of my eye and made a grab for the hamster. He bit my finger � HARD. Now there is blood all over the car � spurting from my hand.

It is terrible hot, the windows go up to keep the hamster in the car, and I have blood all over the steering wheel. I see the little hamster again, and he is scared I really felt for him. I had my husband�s tea shirt on; I picked the hamster up and stuffed him in the pocket of my tea shirt where he happily stayed until we got home.

Last edited by Diana-Exotic Pets Editor; 10/08/09 01:26 PM.
G
G
You didn't tell the story about the time you were teaching the two raccoons to climb. They ended up so high in the tree I HAD to get a ladder to get them down. Oh yah, the time that Hurk climbed the tree above the pond. He went way out on a thin branch and it broke and Hurk splashed into the pond. He had one surprised look on his face. You looked like you were ready to jump in after him. Then we saw he could swim very good.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I told the story of my horse having a magical colt from evidently an immaculate conception. The resulting colt was a brat. He generally got into any possible trouble he could find; hence, his name Stormy. One day I was repairing fence. I had my hammer and other tools in my back pocket I was trying to cinch the wire as tight as I could. I had my full weight into the pull when little Stormy came sneaking up and stole my hammer out of my back pocket � he took off in a full gallop laughing all the way.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Finally,I remembered another funny animal story �really a bug story. A dentist was a good friend of mine. We both really enjoyed gardening. I have always been into natural gardening; I try to go as much organic as possible. I usually ordered three egg sacs a year of praying mantis. I told my friend about their arrival in the mail and he showed interest in having one. I gave him one. (Each sac can have 300 babies� mantises) I told him to tie the small branch which they were attached, to some bushes, near where they would find food, of the small bug variety. Otherwise, they will eat each others. One way to cure a sibling problem. I told him they would hatch when the weather stayed above 77 F. He goes home, sets the mantis egg case on the den counter area, and promptly forgets about it. Being in the warm house it didn�t take long for all 300 or so baby mantis to start climbing down their little string and invading his house. He called looking for sympathy I believe, except for I laughed so hard I dropped the phone.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
When I was a real little kid my brother who was several years older than I was, brought me home a present. We were living in California. He went on a US tour with the demolay band. It was a bus tour. When he was in Florida he bought me a baby alligator. Evidently, it was a hysterical trip by bus back to California. I am not really sure how he kept it hidden. It also turned out to be the perfect lesson in what not to do with exotic pets. Not be ready, not knowing anything about the animal, and not having a veterinarian. The only possible result happened, the animal died.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.