Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hi Beverly,
Quote:
Hold each 2 inch section of hair for 1 full minute

A full minute? I couldn't do that with any of my irons. They are too hot and would be hard on the hair even with thermal protectant.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
ISA
There are some pointers here about curling irons and how to use them.
Curling Irons

Use a thermal protectant, I like Bliss by Nioxin but there are lots of others.
For your fine hair, I would use a good mousse like Nioxin Foam or Nioxin spray gel

Rolling your hair on benders might be easier than using a curling iron. It just takes practice. It doesn't have to be neat - just grab a hunk of hair and roll it up. Just make sure you use mousse or gel so that your curls stay in.

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 09/02/09 09:32 PM.
H
H
I can only say that I use no "thermal protector" (maybe I should), I use absolutely no conditioner of any kind on my hair, and I do keep a clock with a minute hand on my dressing table so that I can check the length of time (1 min) for each curl. I don't believe I would attempt to try this with a "culing iron), as they come in direct contact with the the hair, nor would I with a flat iron, but it has worked for many many years for me with the "curling BRUSH". Never any damage, nor breakage, and I do color my hair about every 6-8 wks, and trim one inch off the bottom about every 8 wks. Sometimes when I cut it, I will add a couple of layers, sometimes not. I only do a re-touch, and then for the last 5-10 minutes of required time, I make a soap cap out of the left over color and shampoo, apply this, and shampoo off when time is up.

M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I have been a master barber for over 20 years now and have found that "Wired" by Rusk is by far the best product for keeping in curls. Just a little dab will do ya. It's a cream, not sticky nor does it make your hair hard. Believe me when I tell you it will last for days. I put a little in while my hair is damp...blow it dry, or let it dry naturally. You just put a dime size into the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair shaping your hair as you go along. It is a great product!

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hi Michelle,
I haven't used Rusk in years. Wired sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a try.

Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
ISA
Rolling your hair on benders might be easier than using a curling iron. It just takes practice. It doesn't have to be neat - just grab a hunk of hair and roll it up. Just make sure you use mousse or gel so that your curls stay in.

Thx for the advice. I tried it a couple of times already and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. The first time, I didn't get very far, but now I can do half of my head. The trouble starts when I have to do the back side of my head and the side where I need to use my left hand a lot... I'm right handed and still have some trouble with coordinating my hands. LOL laugh

Other then that, it works fine. The real trouble is like you mentioned it... the curls don't stay in long.
Well, it was worth a try and I can still use it with styling mousse or spray to leave it in for a while.

It's better then perming... that's for sure.

I think using benders is going to give the same effect... once they are out, they will fall out fast. frown

Last edited by Isa123; 09/30/09 07:09 PM.

Guess what? I give massages and reiki. More info here!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.